PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to cry, having to send my g73 back in for its 3rd RMA :(

lilysintrigue
04-25-2012, 03:47 AM
So long story short, I'm extremely upset, i just received my lovely laptop back from it's 2nd Rma, and its NOT FIXED!!!
a brief history

1st RMA

1st time I sent my laptop getting error msgs nvidia driver has stopped working but recovered successfully ( would get these tdr events 15-20 times, every 20 mins, continuously. Did a system restore, updated the drivers to 291, and received even more errors after the update.

Did a fresh f9 factory install, rolled driver back to 261, did not get the error messages as much, 3-10 times in 20 min time frame continuously.

Sent it in to Asus, and they had it for 1 day, sent it back repair sheet stated item duplicated and repaired.

2nd Rma

Had it back for less than a day and on for 15 mins and got the same error message 3 times, called for my second rma, (this time asus paid for lovely kicked the box ground service back to CA for repair.

They had it for a week this time, guess what had it for less than a day again, got it back no repair sheet.

Called, the lovely customer support said they replaced the hard drive.. which I found weird for a graphics card kernel error..
( I was having no issues that I know of with my hard drive, freezing and slow moving and such, so don't know why they replaced it but they did)

So guess what I update all the drivers, they sent me a "brand new" partitioned hard drive with an asus cloud service log on attached to it .. new huh lol and get this I had a 750 gb hd, I get a brand new less than 600gb hard drive replacement nice huh.

3rd RMA

Not the best part I call for my 3rd RMA, not too pleased and raised my voice a bit this time, probably made the poor girl I was talking to quite upset, (I apologized, Im not a cold hearted b**ch though I might have seemed like I was one tonight on the phone) So they give me an expedited rma number, and I was like am I going to get another FedEx shipping label to send my laptop back. And she was like no you have to pay to ship this back to us this time. THAT'S when I lost it and demanded to speak to a manager, I sat on hold and spoke with a person named Raynor, and he sent me an FedEx express saver label and assured me that this would be fixed this time, or they will forward this to their head office for handling.

Is there anyone else I should be contacting concerning this matter, obviously its not the "hard drive" that is causing this issue, and Bizcom the repair dept in Milapitas CA can't or don't know how to fix this...

Anyone that can help me or forward me to someone that can help I will bake you cookies

Signed
Frustrated me Lily

... sorry this is so long

dstrakele
04-25-2012, 04:13 AM
I recommend you PM Mason@ASUS on this forum. He has helped others with complicated RMA issues.

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
04-25-2012, 04:26 AM
You did the right thing. The more and more I read about these issues it frustrates me dearly. I called in for the horizontal lines. They guy I spoke with was clueless and spoke to me as if I was too. He promised to pay for shipping. Ofcourse the labels never showed up. I'm experiencing some intermittent issues. If they persist I will have to call them back. I will keep you all in mind when I do so. This is just unexceptable. Hands down.

lilysintrigue
04-25-2012, 04:41 AM
You did the right thing. The more and more I read about these issues it frustrates me dearly. I called in for the horizontal lines. They guy I spoke with was clueless and spoke to me as if I was too. He promised to pay for shipping. Ofcourse the labels never showed up. I'm experiencing some intermittent issues. If they persist I will have to call them back. I will keep you all in mind when I do so. This is just unexceptable. Hands down.

Yeah I just pm'd Mason hopefully he can help, I wasn't about to get off the phone with that guy until I received my fedex label in my email. I told him I have already sent my laptop via ground once, and I did not want to do that really.. So I told him this is a really big issue, and you need to make it right, and I told him that if they can pay to express ship something back to me from Bizcom, then they can surely send me an express label for me to send it back for the 3rd time. I don't like raising my voice to ppl, and I feel really bad about having to do it again this time but this is ridiculous. I hope that you get your problem fixed, keep on top of them.. :)

Aras
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
What is RMA?

fuzon1337
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
What is RMA?

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

When you have a issue on your product and can not fix it, tried everything, then you call Asus hotline for your country, tell them what your issue is, and they set up a case.

Then you will recieve a number that you have to fill inn with the application that describes the issue you have.

This is made for doing it easy for the repair center to know what to do with the notebook when they recieve it :)

lilysintrigue
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
So I just got off of the asus chat support, and I only spoke with them because I feel that my issue wasn't being handled very well. I was given a case number, and it was forwarded to asus supervisor's not the repair rma call center. I spoke with a gentleman called Kurtis, and he let me know that rest assured this time my laptop would be fixed, and if not Asus would stand behind their product and make sure that I was happy. Hopefully this gets taken care of *fingers crossed.

I didn't want to have to go higher but I really don't want to have to keep sending in my laptop over and over ya know :) I will let you guys know what happens this time!

Lily

fuzon1337
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
So I just got off of the asus chat support, and I only spoke with them because I feel that my issue wasn't being handled very well. I was given a case number, and it was forwarded to asus supervisor's not the repair rma call center. I spoke with a gentleman called Kurtis, and he let me know that rest assured this time my laptop would be fixed, and if not Asus would stand behind their product and make sure that I was happy. Hopefully this gets taken care of *fingers crossed.

I didn't want to have to go higher but I really don't want to have to keep sending in my laptop over and over ya know :) I will let you guys know what happens this time!

Lily

It's so sad to read about the poor service that you recieve. If you're still under the 2 years warranty you shouldn't pay anything to get your notebook fixed.

So let us hope that Asus can make up for their mistakes and put an smile on your face when you get your notebook back :) (instead of more disappointments).

lilysintrigue
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
It's so sad to read about the poor service that you recieve. If you're still under the 2 years warranty you shouldn't pay anything to get your notebook fixed.

So let us hope that Asus can make up for their mistakes and put an smile on your face when you get your notebook back :) (instead of more disappointments).

I hope they fix it this time too, the guy on the online chat support reassured me, maybe escalating this above the rma call center will help me out in the long run! Hopefully :)

Aras
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Fuzon 1337 Does it work the same in Europe? Poland for example?

fuzon1337
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Fuzon 1337 Does it work the same in Europe? Poland for example?

You're thinking of the warranty or that you shouldn't pay for it to send it in?

To be honest, I don't really know. The experience I've got from Asus support here in Norway is that the shipping to the repair center doesn't cost anything, all is covered under the warranty I got with my notebook.

MrRuckus
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. It sounds like a heat issue maybe? You can normally get the same bluescreens when you overclock too high. I actually have with this laptop when I was pushing the graphics card to see its top end for an overclock. I got the exact same BSOD with the Nvidia driver. It sounds like the heatpipe may be off or need to be reseated. Possibly not enough (or maybe too much) thermal paste.

Personally I would probably open it up if I have sent it back a few times, but thats just me. Could be something wrong with the hardware, but I doubt it. I would bet on the Heatsink being off or not seated properly.

Very odd that Asus would send it back with the same error? You would think they would test it for more then 20mins? I would demand they did to make sure they dont run it for 5mins and think all is dandy. You would think in the RMA process they would have somekind of stress testing that they do to simulate real world usage on all of the hardware.

CreeVal
04-29-2012, 12:43 PM
You're thinking of the warranty or that you shouldn't pay for it to send it in?

To be honest, I don't really know. The experience I've got from Asus support here in Norway is that the shipping to the repair center doesn't cost anything, all is covered under the warranty I got with my notebook.

Im glad that consumer rights are far better in Norway than from what i can read on this forum...

In Norway the consumer is not to pay for shipping and repair if its a warranty matter. However if the repair center cant find anything wrong you might get charged for examination. But thats like 500 - 600 NOK so its bearable.

Some stores i Norway may demand you pay for it, but usually it helps just contacting the repair center directly.
Before we had Anovo in Norway(they where great), but they whent bankrupt, so now i have now idea who does Asus.

However it seems that Anovo still keeps repairing stuff, since i have hade several pickups at DHL, picking up computers for consumers.
(Maybe i get to pick up my own computer and get paid for it as well :P)

fuzon1337
04-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Before we had Anovo in Norway(they where great), but they whent bankrupt, so now i have now idea who does Asus.

Correction InfoCare is the new repair center for Asus Norway.
My notebook arrived Anovo the day before they declared that they were bankrupt :( So my notebook was away for almost a month just for fixing the KB lights since that didn't work :P