PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74sx Notrespondign freezing probles?

Austin
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
im having a Windows explorer not responding when i close my computer screen for like say an hour then open it it works fine for the first few minutes then everything stops working if i put my scroller over the task bar it shows its loading i cant open anything just close stuff but it works fine when i restart the computer i have tried the windows trouble shoot options, disk check and sfc/scannow and nothing also i used ccleaner it helped a tiny bit what i havent tried is restoring the stuff ccleaner did yet and i refuse to Factory restore my comp again any ideas?

it dosnt happen every time maybe once or twice it didn't but most of the time it dose

i was told to jsut go to bestbuy and since its underwarentee to get a new hardrive and them to check and if possible to replace the memory module
(i dont know anything about it so if u cant replace my bad)
but i dont have a back up computer for when it gets sent out so i would like to avoid that

DaemonCantor
04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not really into Notebooks but usually when this happens it's a problem with a program or service not loading in correctly but if your getting corruption in the Hard Drive when you use the sfc/now command then you ether have a bad memory module or a bad Hard Drive. Very seldom is it the Hard Drive Controller because when it is your computer will stop working completely. The HD Controller is part of the North Bridge/ South Bridge Chips and they can't be replaced without a $3000 USD AIR SMT machine.

fuzon1337
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Have you tried to use the Windows System Restore and restore your notebook to an earlier point when this issue didn't happend?

BrodyBoy
04-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Do you still have all those security programs installed, Austin?

Austin
04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Do you still have all those security programs installed, Austin?

i never had alot all i have is Kaspersky And malwarebytes

i set an exception with Kasper just incase for Malwarebytes and it dose not conflict and never has anyways i do not run them at the same time and malwarebytes is not actively or realtime protecting my comp i have it completely turned off untill i scan on Fridays with it after kasper is done

malwarebytes is a on demand scanner is not an antivirus it is safe to use and is recommended to use with antivirus

i havent done the restore yet because i didn't want to if i didn't have to also if i have to i can restore the registry changes i made with ccleaner

as for the $3000 USD AIR SMT machine. or whatever the warren tee would make them replace it

this is what i have for security maint and miscellaneous

Auslogis Disk defrag (i only run its default defragger cause its faster than windows)

Ccleaner

File Shreder

Gamebooster 3 (only use it when im playing online games

Kaspersky Internet security 2012

Malwarebytes

Revo Unistaller pro

Startuplite

i did find a problem though i uninstalled smart defrag 2 a week ago and it somehow mad its way back on my computer

dstrakele
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
It sounds like you're experiencing the issue discussed in this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11409-G74SX-Freezes-shortly-after-sleep-hibernate

There isn't a good solution for this issue yet, but there is this unusual workaround: Does opening the ODD tray after resume from sleep resolve the problem? If not, it is likely some application on your system does not play well with Windows sleep/hibernate.

EDIT: ODD = Optical Disk Drive (CD/DVD Drive)

A possible registry edit solution to this issue is provided in this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11409-G74SX-Freezes-shortly-after-sleep-hibernate&p=92434&viewfull=1#post92434

Austin
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
It sounds like you're experiencing the issue discussed in this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11409-G74SX-Freezes-shortly-after-sleep-hibernate

There isn't a good solution for this issue yet, but there is this unusual workaround: Does opening the ODD tray after resume from sleep resolve the problem? If not, it is likely some application on your system does not play well with Windows sleep/hibernate.

odd tray? and can disable the hibernate? sorry im kind of slow

BrodyBoy
04-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Austin, you have had so many issue with this machine, but the troubleshooting always seems to be confounded by added software and disk errors.

I know I've said this before, but you really need to do a factory restore and use the computer with NOTHING but the OEM setup for a few days. Don't install anything extra, don't modify anything, don't run a bunch of 3rd party utilities.

You need to see if/how the system runs with its original setup. If you then get disk errors, freezes, etc., you may well be looking at defective hardware. If it doesn't, that's a pretty good indication that one or more of your programs are causing serious conflicts. But until you run it clean, and ONLY clean, you can't really know and you're probably going to keep running around in circles.

Austin
04-28-2012, 01:58 AM
its not as bad as it was it s just the disk and the hybernation its running fine its not lie im running all these programs blindly i have done research also i refuse to do factory again its anoying or any restore