PDA

View Full Version : Anything I need to do besides put in the 2nd HDD?

KingCrizzo
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I have a G73SW. I recently bought a 2nd HDD and put it in. My computer does not seem to be registering that anything is there. Is there anything I need to do besides physically installing it for it to work?

It might be a DOA, as there were a number of reviews for it on newegg that said they received a DOA HDD. I just wanted to check and see that I wasn't missing something.

zsld0423
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
With the 2nd hard drive installed, if you boot up into the BIOS, does it show up there?

fuzon1337
04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Which HDD did you buy to put in the second bay for your notebook?

dstrakele
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
If the 2nd HDD is not formatted, it will not be visible in Windows Explorer. You must first partition the new drive in Disk Management, format the partition(s), and assign drive letter(s).

If you still have problems, please post a screenshot from Disk Management.

KingCrizzo
04-28-2012, 02:12 AM
If the 2nd HDD is not formatted, it will not be visible in Windows Explorer. You must first partition the new drive in Disk Management, format the partition(s), and assign drive letter(s).

If you still have problems, please post a screenshot from Disk Management.

Disk Management! So that's where it was hiding. I thought all that stuff would have been under Device Manager and it wasn't there so I thought the drive was a dud. It works, thanks!

Also, ASUS, you guys suck for charging $22.50 plus $7 S&H for the HDD bracket on my computer. If you are going to rip us off so bad you could at least include the damn screws.

KingCrizzo
04-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Which HDD did you buy to put in the second bay for your notebook?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22-148-591&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=2&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=3#scrollFullInfo