PDA

View Full Version : Flashing black screen issues

Swampthing
04-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Well now it's happening to me too. Only when I open a new program. For example, if I open Firefox, the screen flashes black, once, twice, and then back to the monitor screen. Same thing with Steam... although some other programs like Thunderbird do not cause the issue.

Had been using the 285 driver with no problems and then all of a sudden I started having this. Upgraded to the 296.16 link provided here and I still get the same problems at the same points.

No other problems cause any issues and once those programs mentioned above are opened, I don't have any issues at all. It's just during opening and closing... which gets rather annoying.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I fixed the issue by doing a CLEAN installation with the nVidia beta 301.24 driver.

Swampthing
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
This problem still pops up intermittently, but consistently. For example, if I load up iTunes... the screen flickers between black back and forth for a few seconds before the application comes up.

Cylphid
06-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I was having a similar issue, across multiple drivers and a fresh win7 install.

I also began getting the driver not responding error, corruption watching movies and artifacting in games, but the artifacting was very intermittent.

It got slowly but progressively worse over a month and a half period.

It's in for repair (RMA) now.

Hope yours is something you can take care of, as Asus in Milpatas, CA doesn't seem to know exactly where my G74 is, although they received it a week ago. :D

dstrakele
06-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd try a clean install (choose "Custom Install" and check the "Clean Install" checkbox) of NVIDIA 304.48 BETA from Windows Safe Mode to disable other running drivers that may interfere with the video driver installation.

Swampthing
06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
I already do that every time now, Dstrakele, and it doest matter much. But thanks for the suggestion.