PDA

View Full Version : G 73sw problem

illia
04-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Hello fellows.
Ive got a really bad problem with my g73 sw laptop, it's nearly 3-4 month old.
here is the scenario> I was playing call of duty modern warfare, BOOM overheat , colors changed - instead of white i had yellow, instead of blue i had violet, quite disturbing Id say.
Then my pc just froze, so I had to turn it off by holding power bottom, but it did not help, so that i had to unplug it from the wall.
Now i cannot start my laptop, i starts keyboard flashes, i have all lights working caps lock num lock, I can turn off my pc, using slt+f4 > enter, but my screen does not show anything.
I do not really want to open my laptop, because warranty will be canceled then.
Any suggestions ?

dstrakele
04-30-2012, 12:48 PM
If you connect an external monitor or LCD TV to your laptop, does it display video? If not, your video adapter may have died.

Criton
04-30-2012, 01:11 PM
how hot it was in the card?

Hello fellows.
I’ve got a really bad problem with my g73 sw laptop, it's nearly 3-4 month old.
here is the scenario> I was playing call of duty modern warfare, BOOM overheat , colors changed - instead of white i had yellow, instead of blue i had violet, quite disturbing I’d say.
Then my pc just froze, so I had to turn it off by holding power bottom, but it did not help, so that i had to unplug it from the wall.
Now i cannot start my laptop, i starts keyboard flashes, i have all lights working caps lock num lock, I can turn off my pc, using slt+f4 > enter, but my screen does not show anything.
I do not really want to open my laptop, because warranty will be canceled then.
Any suggestions ?

illia
05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
i don't know tempreture before shutdown
i tried to conenct to external display, but it did not show anything
you think that it's graphic card ?

dstrakele
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
That appears to be the most likely cause from your description of the issue (i.e. overheating, video corruption, then black screen on startup) and troubleshooting results.

Check out this thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/658294-g73jh-bst7-booting-up-successfully-but-screen-stays-black.html

Does the following procedure bring back your video?"Another temporary solution is to unplug the laptop, remove the battery and any connected peripheral devices (including any memory cards in the card reader), hold down the Power On Button for 30 seconds, then plug in the power adapter and start the system."

Also, read this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13827-Asus-G74SX-Black-Screen-Right-after-Windows-Animation-boot-page-HELP!&p=99548&viewfull=1#post99548

Try the Fn-F7 key combination to eliminate the possibility your display is off when Windows completes startup and you have blindly logged on.

illia
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
so i came back from my work and decided to give it a try .
and guess what
it's working i don’t know whether a have to be happy or not, cause i don't know if this will appear again .

so i derived a conclusion that i was definitely because of overheat.
i was playing on a ceramics table, so it overheated, i don't know why it took 2 days to get back to life.

thx everybody for advices.

p.s. don't play on ceramic surface