PDA

View Full Version : Blue screen thingy

ikissedyou
05-02-2012, 06:21 AM
I've been getting the dumping physical memory thing whenever i plug out my mouse when my computer is on, is this normal? Something wrong with my computer? Or is it my fault that this happens???

dstrakele
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi @ikissedyou - The BSOD on removing your mouse when your computer is on is not normal (and it is not your fault). Normally, you should hear the "disconnecting device" sound with no further issues.

To troubleshoot the BSOD further, I recommend running BlueScreenView from Nirsoft. It will gather information from the mini-dump file on your laptop and display it. I recommend you post screenshots of the results dialogs as displayed on http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

I'm interested in the a) Bug Check String, b) Bug Check Code, c) 4 Parameters, and d) the filename of the module that may have caused the problem.

What is the model number of your ASUS laptop? How long have you owned it?

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Connection, or Disk Management software have you installed to your system?

ikissedyou
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I just tested, not the BSOD won't happen every time i try to disconnect my mouse. It just happens unexpectedly.

My model is G74SX-91232V, i bought it around 11th March? So its like 1-2 months? I have Trend-Micro that come with my laptop and Autorun Eater, didn't install anything else pertaining to your question.

As for the BlueScreenView from NirSoft thing, will post my results when i've got time to test it, sorry for that, been busy with school