PDA

View Full Version : Tempreture

illia
05-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Hello
What is the maximum temperature on GPU and CPU should be maintained while playing?
i've found out that on my g73 sw , when temperature of nvidia 460m goes above 75-80 degrees then colours change which is a signal of overheat. ( instead of white i have yellow and screen flickers, but after tempreture maintained to be below 75, everything is fine )
I probably should buy a cooling mat and use it when playing.
So my question : what is the maximum temperature of GPU and CPU that will allow me to safely run my laptop without damaging gpu ?
Thx in advance

xeromist
05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
80 is actually OK but perhaps your reading is a bit off and the core or memory is actually higher. When is the last time you cleaned out the laptop with compressed air? You should do this regularly to prevent dust buildup which causes overheating.

Shiverous
08-27-2012, 09:56 AM
As Xeromist mentioned the easiest method to avoid heating issues is to buy a can of compressed air and use it on the rear side of the laptop, it honestly does wonders. As for the cooling pad just grab a cheap one as most of them don't do much but the position the laptop is left on on a cooling pad is favourable to prevent heat buildup underneath it.

Peregrine
08-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Agree. If your card does overheat it will shut itself down to prevent a meltdown. This usually will cause a BSOD or the entire thing will just shut off with no warning.