PDA

View Full Version : Temperature monitor

Physalist
05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Can anyone help me out to find a program to monitor my G74sx's temperature? Also how hot does the graphics card usually get, cause mine gets really hot above my arrow keys. Also does any one in here play league of legends? Just wondering cause when i first got this laptop it could do 60 frames steady with no drop and now I've been lagging like crazy. I have no clue why. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

fuzon1337
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi

Go to this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status=

And look for HWinfo64, download and install. That program you can use to check the temp on your notebook :)

About the LoL have you installed any patched lately ? try to get the previous patch and install that.

EDIT: Also check out this thread about how @erihell fixed his issue http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9432-ASUS-G73SW-bad-FPS-drops-playing-League-of-Legends./page3&highlight=league+legends

Physalist
05-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I've noticed a overall frame rate drop in everything. I play DC universe from time to time and I'm noticing more lag than usual. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

fuzon1337
05-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Then I would suspect a throttling issue:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it&country=&status=

In this link there is a work around how to temporarily fix this issue, but there is no BIOS fix out yet (there is a modded one, but then you will void your warranty)..... so we have to hope and pray for the almighty Asus team that there will be a BIOS release soon... very soon...

EDIT: Also which nVidia driver do you have installed?
If you have the atheros wifi card then you also update that to since it can cause instability.
Do you have any antivirus/malware programs installed?

Physalist
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Im not really sure where to check the nVidia driver at. But I do have Kaspersky installed and I'm pretty sure i have he intel wimax card. I do need to update my bios though. Im waiting to get a flash drive.

Physalist
05-03-2012, 11:35 PM
I just updated my graphics to the 285.74 drivers.

wem97
10-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Are you on battery? If so thats your issue. When not plugged in the NVIDIA graphics card forces itself off with a program feature known as Optimus. This is to sheerly conserve battery power. Only the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics is active. Hope this helps!

AKA. Plug it in for peek performance :D

starforce2142
10-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Are you on battery? If so thats your issue. When not plugged in the NVIDIA graphics card forces itself off with a program feature known as Optimus. This is to sheerly conserve battery power. Only the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics is active. Hope this helps!

AKA. Plug it in for peek performance :D

AFAIK, old G laptops dont have optimus function. ASUS disabled the integrated graphic due to some complaints about performance from customers.