PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75 and fans?

NInami
05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi I recently went from an MSI laptop to the new Asus G75 laptop.

On the MSI there was a FAN button to increase the fan speed when gaming. Is there a similar button on the G75 or do they increase automatically? Beucase I can't find a button looking like a fan.

Thanks for your help

Holy
05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
they should ramp up by them selfs.

NInami
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Alright thanks, was too afraid to do anything in case I needed to activate them somehow, might get overheated :P

Holy
05-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Na the cooling is verynice and will always be good.

Dukat
05-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Is there software to monitor the fan speed of both fans in the G75?

One fan appears to always be on and the other fan comes on every 2 minutes while idling. I'd like to be be able to see when they come on and at what rpm's.

Thanks

FearlessG1
05-13-2012, 03:15 AM
looking at your laptop as you would use it, the CPU fan is no the left, and the GPU fan is on the right. The fan's ramp up and down automatically as needed. Even while gaming the system is barely audible and the bottom of the laptop is cool to the touch. I am extremely impressed with the cooling.

Guido7142
05-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Is there a way to control the fans in the G75 ?

Woots
05-29-2012, 12:34 PM
So far the fans seem to do a good job keeping things cool and quiet.

However, being a hardcore gamer I know longevity of this laptop will be based on how well I can keep things cool over time.

Is there anyway way to access the fans at all via software by any means?

OR is the fan speed all adjusted based on temp external to any means able to be tweaked via software.

I ask this because long ago I had a dell that people in the community created a fan speed controller app for because Dell never did.

xperiaplayerpro
02-01-2013, 04:01 AM
i also would like to know if there is a fan moniter

boofsterb
02-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Yeah, It's called speed fan.

Dreamonic
02-01-2013, 04:34 AM
That's because the old Dell's would heat up really hot before each thermal fan speed setting would kick in, which would be HOT (80-90's) when max fan speed runs. The idea to control fan speeds in that scenario would be relevant to keeping temps down before they rise, so temps climb slower. They all had inadequate cooling systems under loads with continuous use. I think they had 3-wire fans that can be switched easier than with 4-wire ones (CPU controlled) for manual controlling (made it easier to control via software.)

The G's on the other hand have very good cooling systems. It's fan speed settings I have to say are right where they need to be throughout the thermal spectrum. Even for the sake of being able to control them, it's not going to change much because the system already cools efficiently. Ambient temperature does play a role but only by a few degrees.

The fans are controlled automatically and IMHO is the best setup for laptops if it's done correctly.
Look at it like this... to not have a need to manually control the fans because of insufficient cooling ability, means they are working like second nature is to us. No need to improve what is at your potential, if your potential is great enough.

Pitcher@asus
02-01-2013, 05:47 AM
i think it is can not control fan speed.

Guido7142
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Speed fan does not work on this notebook. At least it doesn't work with the stock bios and everything.

gokica
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
No manual fans control available with these bioses.