PDA

View Full Version : problems with g75v

calisto321
05-05-2012, 02:17 PM
hi, i recently bought a g75v and have 2 problems with it. first problem is the subwoofer, i hear not only bass with it but also higher frequency, so the sound tends to be leftsided which is annoying.
also i have problem with the keyboard lightning, first it was on, but now i cant turn it on anymore. i used the function keys to change brightness but it just stays off.
any help for those 2 problems would be appreciated, otherwise the notebook is running great.

fuzon1337
05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi and Welcome to the ROG forum! :)

About the sound issue, I'm not sure how to fix that. Do you use the THX TrueStudio?

The KB lights, I have two suggestions for that:

Use Windows Restore Point, and restore your notebook back to the time when it worked
Go to Asus support (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388) choose your version of Win7 OS, then go to utilities, download the driver named this: ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities V.1.0.0016. Uninstall the ATK package you have, reboot, install the new ATK package, reboot, done.

The KB lights does flash when the Asus splash screen shows up during bootup ?

calisto321
05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
thanks for your reply, i was able to fix it by simply rebooting...
but the soundproblem with the subwoofer seems to be a problem many are having.
on a website reviewing the g75v the tester mentioned the same problem, seems to be a driver problem.
anyone else who bought a g75v, having success with a solution?
also, did anyone get a reply from g75@asus.com because of the free download code for ghost recon?
it seems there is a limited offer where when you buy the g75v before the 31/may you get a code to download the game for free, but i am still waiting for a reply.
anyways i am happy, skyrim runs on everything maxed without throtteling or loud sound from the coolers.
need to install bf3 so see if it performs also that well under more load.

irdmoose
05-05-2012, 09:16 PM
From my experience with my G73, it took a while (about two months) for Asus to ship a new bios/firmware/driver combination that fixed my G73's subwoofer overdriving. My guess is this is a similar issue, and will likely take a similar amount of time.

Daylife
05-06-2012, 12:02 AM
hi, i recently bought a g75v and have 2 problems with it. first problem is the subwoofer, i hear not only bass with it but also higher frequency, so the sound tends to be leftsided which is annoying.
also i have problem with the keyboard lightning, first it was on, but now i cant turn it on anymore. i used the function keys to change brightness but it just stays off.
any help for those 2 problems would be appreciated, otherwise the notebook is running great.

Hmm i just got the G75 and it seems like the subwoofer isnt even kicking in...but when i do a TEST on the VIA HD Deck it kicks in... and all the sound seems to be coming from the left side only.

calisto321
05-06-2012, 08:44 AM
try to see if changing to 2.1 in audio settings enables your subwoofer. i read in a review that fixed it.

calisto321
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
try to see if changing to 2.1 in audio settings enables your subwoofer. i read in a review that fixed it.

Cecil_2099
05-06-2012, 09:05 AM

I'm experiencing the same audio issue where it sounds like everything's coming out of the left side and I can only really tell that the subwoofer kicks in when i'm running the test in the VIA HD Audio Deck. As for the suggestion to change to 2.1 in audio settings - isn't it already enabled by default? It didn't seem to change anything for me.

calisto321
05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
it seems you have the same problem as me, subwoofer overdriving, thus sound coming from the leftside. there doesnt seem to be a solution for it sadly. someone posted above asus took 2 months to fix it on a previous notebookmodel with similat problem.

Cecil_2099
05-06-2012, 09:24 AM
it seems you have the same problem as me, subwoofer overdriving, thus sound coming from the leftside. there doesnt seem to be a solution for it sadly. someone posted above asus took 2 months to fix it on a previous notebookmodel with similat problem.

Hopefully they can move a little quicker this round since they already had a similar problem on the previous notebook model...

calisto321
05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
i hope so too, since sound mostly coming from the left is annoying after awhile.
by the way did you send an email to asus to get a download code for ghost recon when its released? i didnt get any reply so far from them.

Cecil_2099
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM
No, I wasn't aware of that promotion. Where did you find out about it?

calisto321
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
http://rog.asus.com/de/notebook/17-inch/g75vw/
its in german though, hope you can translate it.
sorry i just read this offer is only for germany and austria.

Cecil_2099
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Interesting. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I get a reply. Odd that it's only on the German product page and not on the English one...

Edit: Bottom of the promotion says: "Die Aktion gilt ausschließlich für Deutschland und Österreich. " Translation: "The promotion is valid only for Germany and Austria."

Not sure where you're located calisto321 but if you're outside Germany or Austria, looks like you won't be getting that download code :(

calisto321
05-06-2012, 10:15 AM
but i live in germany and still not getting a reply. this is weird. by the way where should we check for driver updates for our subwoofer problem?

fuzon1337
05-06-2012, 10:24 AM
but i live in germany and still not getting a reply. this is weird. by the way where should we check for driver updates for our subwoofer problem?

PM MarshallR@asus or Mason@asus and ask them. They will have the answer for you about the subwoofer problem I think :)

BeeHam
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Had this for about three days and it's shutting down during gameplay. I'm guessing overheating, but not sure. Anyone else having this issue?

fuzon1337
05-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Had this for about three days and it's shutting down during gameplay. I'm guessing overheating, but not sure. Anyone else having this issue?

Hi and Welcome to the ROG community :)

Since you're guessing overheating, go to this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status= and look for HWinfo64 and install it. Then you should be able to read the GPU and CPU temps on your notebook.

Which driver do you have installed on the nVidia card?
Have you uninstalled all bloatware on your notebook?
And if you have the Atheros Wifi Card, be sure to update that as well, you can find driver for that in the thread I linked to :)

And also since your notebook is only three days old I would go back to the store and exchange it with a new unit since you shouldn't have issues right out of box. If you choose this option, don't let the reseller talk you into an RMA, let the store have the issue, otherwise it will be your issue and perhaps not get it fixed (in worst cases)...
We don't need to hear about a new horror story from the RMA experience about Asus support or the repair center that would fix your notebook :P

dstrakele
05-08-2012, 11:46 PM
I agree with @fuzon - exchange it. A new laptop shouldn't overheat on you just playing a game unless you overclocked it and forgot to mention that in your post. It could be indicative of a bad thermal paste job.

Report back with CPU and GPU temps at idle (no other apps running) and the maximum temps in centigrade when shutdown occurs. I recommend configuring HWINFO64 to LOG temperatures.

Bad or insufficient power supply could also result in an unexpected shutdown. Confirm sufficient clean power is being supplied from the outlet being used and that it is properly grounded.

Bad memory could also result in a shutdown. But that or a bad power brick would be a reason to exchange the laptop.

BeeHam
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I agree with @fuzon - exchange it. A new laptop shouldn't overheat on you just playing a game unless you overclocked it and forgot to mention that in your post. It could be indicative of a bad thermal paste job.

Report back with CPU and GPU temps at idle (no other apps running) and the maximum temps in centigrade when shutdown occurs. I recommend configuring HWINFO64 to LOG temperatures.

Bad or insufficient power supply could also result in an unexpected shutdown. Confirm sufficient clean power is being supplied from the outlet being used and that it is properly grounded.

Bad memory could also result in a shutdown. But that or a bad power brick would be a reason to exchange the laptop.

Before shut down the GPU was running at about 80 and the CPU was at 53 at idle its around 49 for both GPU and CP.

dstrakele
05-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Those temperatures are not high enough to initiate a shutdown. They would have to exceed 100 C.

I recommend exchanging you laptop for a new one.

Ugolino
05-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Hi, i picked up the g75 from best buy with the gtx 660. ive returned it twice now with because of an issue with horizontal lines appearing in darker shaded areas. The problem seems to be very much like the one in this forum http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227767. I have talked with asus and nvidia. Updated my drivers and bios. Ive compared my computer with the best buy display model and they look the same. I wish i could use older drives, but the graphics card is not compatible. Im on the verge of getting rid of this computer. If anyone has any information please help.

rhy12
09-02-2012, 03:21 AM
im just posting on here because, well, I dont know where to post aha, anyways my subwoofer has stopped working and i havent even really used it, only o play bf3 on low volume, i have a asus g75vw, and got it about 1 week ago and i am very disappointed :/

ahmedfaruk
06-21-2013, 01:53 PM
i think so this is a not a problem.
via hd audio deck software, than
expert mode clik...
speaker / you will " LFE " , Bring him up AND. ALL OK .

PolarWind
06-22-2013, 12:30 AM
i think so this is a not a problem.
via hd audio deck software, than
expert mode clik...
speaker / you will " LFE " , Bring him up AND. ALL OK .

I couldn't make any sense of that. (Specifically the last line)

But the reason the sound is left heavy is simply because the subwoofer is on the left side of the laptop. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it, but that is just my opinion and I am no expert.

GottiBoi55
06-22-2013, 03:30 AM

For problem one, you and everyone else who owns this model has the same problem (bad design and poor driver software)
IMHO, they could have fixed that problem with a 25 cent low bandpass filter inline.

For problem two, try the repair option for the ATK package in the control panel.

parasurfer1979
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Ok I have a similar problem that i've investigated. I have no sound coming from the left speaker. Only the sub and right speaker. If I turn the volume down on the right side, I hear nothing but what's coming out of the sub. I have an RMA on this but I don't want to send back if there is no fix. But if my situation is out of the norm from the rest of you and seems to be a different issue, then I'll return it for the 3rd motherboard issue. It sounds like instead of a repair this time they are going to send me a new system. What discretion does Asus us when deciding whether to repair/replace a system? Thank you all for the kind sharing of knowledge. I love the G75 but i'm getting a little impatient with it as I use my notebook to teach my flight students. No computer, no class...

Clintlgm
06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I had the same problem with the right side speaker, took 2 RMA's to get it fixed. I suggest you PM one of the cl-xxx@asus guy's for assistance with your RMA. It sounds like your NB is mission Critical.
Do you have sound both channels using head set?
Do you have sound both channels using external speakers
Have you tested your speakers through the VIA HD Audio Deck, In expert mode top tab is speaker volume, next tab down is speaker testing, set up 2.1 and click on each speaker. If you don't have sound from your left speaker here for sure your going to have to send it in for repair. In my case the 2nd time around they changed the speaker and cable, I didn't send it back the 2nd time just for the speaker problem I had other issues that required a MB, Keyboard, and track pad replacement.

timbuk2
08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't have any 2.1 option in my ASUS G75VX-TS72, am I on the wrong page? :-)

GalleryNinja
08-20-2013, 05:14 AM
OK, so here's the deal. I thought my Left and Right sounds were coming out of the Left Speaker only. BUT, the Left and Right speakers are located under the plate above the keyboard. What I thought was the left speaker was actually the subwoofer, which is located on the left hand side of the laptop towards the front. When the left and right speakers are engaged the subwoofer is also engaged, which gives the left side sound a double whammy and makes it appear as though the right side sound is not working. I updated the drivers, and the "problem" persisted until I realized it was just the result of bad design.

To diagnose that this is the same for you, do the following:
- Open "Task Manager"
- Right click on VIA HD Audio and select "Open File Location"
- Double click on VDeck and select "Expert Mode"
- Ensure that the "Speaker" tab is selected
- Click on the "Speaker Setting and Test" option from the vertical menu
- Click the little blue button with a picture of a speaker and a play symbol to Test All Speakers
The computer will test all speakers and you will see that left, right, and subwoofer sound off individually
- Complete your diagnosis by plugging in headphones and playing a test video from youtube like this one (which should play left and right sides individually):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ

Congratulations! Your speakers DO work. Hope that helps!

Josh2320
08-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello all, so, my wife and I both own a G75V Asus notebook. Twice now, the first time a few months ago, the second time tonight, upon turning her computer on, it goes straight to a blue boot up screen, with no options for upgrades or really anything helpful that I can see. The first time her computer did this, I couldn't find any help online, so we just turned it off, and a few hours later it started up just fine. Now, its doing it again. I have yet to leave it off for a few hours, but this is getting extremely irritating. Does anybody have any experience with this issue? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.