PDA

View Full Version : ram cooling?, necessary?

Rockford
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Today i took a look at the temp at the dom's.. And they are 70-75c (load), 49 idle

People i talked to, say that its all hype, the ram cooling thing, and i dont know what i am talking about.... NO NEED

<people i talked to say that ram cooling is strictly hype..... And not necessary at all.. and i dont know what i am talking about

Would be glad for some input, planning to overclock my other set of ram, way more brutal..

In my book, i think it seem logical, to cool them, with temps over 70c

/Rgsb:D

HiVizMan
05-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Cave dweller if you are going to be pushing your ram hard, and overclocking them hard then yes cool them.

I use this pot for LN2 cooling - and there are also water cooling kits. But most of the time I just put a 90mm Delta fan on top of my ram.

Rockford
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Swizzleman..

i suspected that it was the case..

Better get some bad-ass radial blowers at ebay, and config a brutal, yet nice ram cooling system

Zka17
05-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I would cool those RAMs too! Even the 49C idle seems a little bit too high to me... BTW, how did you measured those temps? I mean, by some software or temp probes?

Rockford
05-07-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi!

they have always been kinda warm, when put my fingers around them, so i thought i have a check today..

MM, via sensors, software..

49c is ok, but the 70c seems a little on the edge...:D

they produce unwanted heat, inside my already small case.. And i dont like that

i manged to get the cpu temps down very much, by tighten, and sound proofing the case, and using good fans.. And work with air-flow..

Can get better, isnt it so?

My mission in,life (for the moment). haha:cool:

Zka17
05-07-2012, 04:13 AM
MM? Would you, please, give more info on this? I'm mainly using the HWMonitor, there is no RAM temp indication... I was always curious how my RAMs are doing.

Rockford
05-07-2012, 04:34 AM
u got PM..............:eek:

Zka17
05-07-2012, 04:35 AM
As I answered already: Thanks, man! :cool: