PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55VW vibrating Subwoover/bad sound quality

inhabitant
05-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi all,

I'm proud owner of a new G55 NB and overall I'm very happy with it.
There's just one thing thats really, really annoying. The subwoover makes very clanky noises. it seems like the NB vibrates or so. Especially voices are kinda distorted.

In this test (German unfortunately) http://www.notebookinfo.de/produkte/asus-g55vw-s1073v/90nb7c232n2145vl151/00010914/#Tests) they've said that they had the same problems with it.

Is it a common problem? Is there a (software) solution for that?

I've disabled the subwoover and there isn't a problem anymore, but the sound isn't that great without it.
I don't want to send it back untiol I don't know if this is anindividual problem.

thx 4 help!

Cheers!

Arvinaaaaa
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi all,

I'm proud owner of a new G55 NB and overall I'm very happy with it.
There's just one thing thats really, really annoying. The subwoover makes very clanky noises. it seems like the NB vibrates or so. Especially voices are kinda distorted.

In this test (German unfortunately) http://www.notebookinfo.de/produkte/asus-g55vw-s1073v/90nb7c232n2145vl151/00010914/#Tests) they've said that they had the same problems with it.

Is it a common problem? Is there a (software) solution for that?

I've disabled the subwoover and there isn't a problem anymore, but the sound isn't that great without it.
I don't want to send it back untiol I don't know if this is anindividual problem.

thx 4 help!

Cheers!

bro, give me one week, i will get the asus laptop too..i will check the subwoofer and inform you..thanks :)

btw..do you have any more reviews about the g55..i dont mind the language :)

mukunth
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
yea give us some reviews about the GPU and the cooling vents etc etc..details man:) hv u played any demanding games on it still..if yes,wats FPS?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-G55VW-S1073V.74674.0.html
this link says it has GTX 670m O.o?

Arvinaaaaa
05-12-2012, 11:10 AM
ok..the subwoofer is really bad..offing the subwoofer solves the problem..and there is a click sound everytime i use the dvd drive..like when i open and closed it,and when i on the laptop..is this normal?

Arvinaaaaa
05-12-2012, 11:11 AM
yea give us some reviews about the GPU and the cooling vents etc etc..details man:) hv u played any demanding games on it still..if yes,wats FPS?

this laptop can play demanding games like a breeze..i just played cod mw3 and no problem and lag whatsoever :)

Arvinaaaaa
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM

this laptop can play demanding games like a breeze..i just played cod mw3 and no problem and lag whatsoever :)

mukunth
05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
thanks for the reply :)
but ur worrying me saying u have problems with ur laptop... now having second thoughts of geting it or not :/
keep updating ur experience with ur lappy:) even if its good or bad, n i hope it wil be always good :)

Arvinaaaaa
05-13-2012, 02:59 PM
thanks for the reply :)
but ur worrying me saying u have problems with ur laptop... now having second thoughts of geting it or not :/
keep updating ur experience with ur lappy:) even if its good or bad, n i hope it wil be always good :)

the noise is the dvd player..normal for this laptop..this laptop is good bro..go for it..best laptop at rm 4000

kimiraikkonen
05-15-2012, 08:27 AM
If Asus have provided G-series (Not only G55/75) audio system with the included in N55-series, it would certainly be great! I don't know why they ininst on puttin low-cost audio system such as problematic speakers with low volume when you compare it to other releases such as other brands' or N55.

Inhabitant, plus make a play with Realtek Equalizer Settings, and THX TruStudio, setting external speakers may hep and setting "powerful or treble" equealizer scheme would give much better audio based on my choise, give it a try.

elyasib
05-25-2012, 02:33 AM
If Asus have provided G-series (Not only G55/75) audio system with the included in N55-series, it would certainly be great! I don't know why they ininst on puttin low-cost audio system such as problematic speakers with low volume when you compare it to other releases such as other brands' or N55.

Inhabitant, plus make a play with Realtek Equalizer Settings, and THX TruStudio, setting external speakers may hep and setting "powerful or treble" equealizer scheme would give much better audio based on my choise, give it a try.

Mmmm... no Realtek or THX TruStudio, they put a VIA Vinyl audio codec :(

Irongut
06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I just got delivery of my G55VW. I was so surprised when I heard the static / rumble with the subwoofer. At first I thought it was the right hand speaker. I upgraded the VIA HD software off the ASUS website and it sounded better, but it was still there. I turned on the Loudness Equalizer in the Expert options and it sounds better yet again, maybe normal but I am not convinced yet. I'm not sure if the Loudness Equalizer has turned off the subwoofer or just toned it down a bit.

I have to put it through its paces a bit more. I am a big fan of ASUS hardware across the board but this being an expensive new purchase... if the speaker continues to rattle or whatever its doing, it would be a constant annoyance.

Do any G55VW owners have laptops without a hiss / rattle in their speaker/subwoofer? (damnit, i think i just heard it again.)

Has anyone found any settings that make resolve it completely. It's much better now, but I've heard it and its still there a bit. I'm not audiophile, I just want my sound clean.

Arvinaaaaa
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
YES.....FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASUS HAS RELEASED A NEW VIA HD AUDIO FOR THE G55... DRIVER VERSION IS V6.0.01.10400

THE CURRENT VERSION OF DRIVER IN THE G55 IS V6.0.01.10300...

MAYBE THE NEW DRIVER CAN SOLVE THE ****TY AUDIO PROBLEM..IM DOWNLOADING THE DRIVER NOW AND WILL TEST IT SOON..FINALLY...ASUS IS HEARING US AND NOT IGNORING US... ...SOME HOPE FOR THE G55 IS GIVEN BY ASUS..

download it and give it a try bro :)

kikich
06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
any results?

Irongut
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I had found the driver right away. I thought installing it had a positive effect, but it doesnt fix it completely. Loudness Equalization and setting the speaker to subwoofer volume relationship has the most effect. I seem to be able to make it disappear altogether, but I dont know if it is only because I neutered the subwoofer's output. As soon as I turn of Loudness Equalization and mess around with the volume relationships, it comes back.

Is it hardware then? Is there hope that software could still address this? Sigh, it seems like hardware to me. Are we expected to just understand the limitation of the part and lock the subwoofer volume to about 40-50% less than the left/right speakers? Any advice is appreciated. Not happy, never had a staticy like speaker in a new purchase like this.

Arvinaaaaa
06-09-2012, 01:54 AM
just test it this morning...and guess what, it fu**ing works!!!! the subwoofer seamlessly sync with the audio speakers...no more sound come out when headphone attached, dont need to adjust subwoofer separately..

FU*K YEAH

the driver solves all problem with audio:

1: SUBWOOFER TOTALLY SYNC WITH SPEAKERS, CAN ADJUST SUBWOOFER AND SPEAKERS TOGETHER WITH WINDOWS VOLUME.......DONT NEED TO SEPARATELY ADJUST

2: VIBRATION IN THE G55 = NO MORE..CANT EVEN HEAR A SINGLE VIBRATION

3: NO MORE SOUND FROM SUBWOOFER WHEN HEADPHONES ATTACHED.

Arvinaaaaa
06-09-2012, 02:19 AM
This is a live prove that the new driver works:

http://youtu.be/q8Xcj8o3FU8

i made this video on my own and sorry for video quality(recorded with my phone)