PDA

View Full Version : On my 3rd G75 :(

Daylife
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Well so far this is my 3rd G75.....The first one the border around the screen was completely popped off, the 2nd G75 the subwoofer seemed like it was blown. Now im on my 3rd G75 and yesterday when i opened it the bottom panel to get to the internals was screwed in but half of it was popped off and im missing one of the rubber piece on the bottom......... Awesome QA Asus lol. I called asus to see if they would ship me ONE rubber piece just so i can put it on and thats it, but they told me that i would have to send in the entire computer LMFAO.....So the guy gave me a website us.estore.asus.com which does not have the part, so that was a total waste of time.

Now i dont know what to do, if i spend $1250 of my hard earned cash im expecting a product to be assembled correctly, especially a "gaming" laptop. I dont know if i should go back to best buy and exhange it again and open the new one right in front of them.

fuzon1337
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Now i dont know what to do, if i spend $1250 of my hard earned cash im expecting a product to be assembled correctly, especially a "gaming" laptop. I dont know if i should go back to best buy and exhange it again and open the new one right in front of them.

Perhaps that would be the best, and tell them to not take in defective products :P You shouldn't miss anything when you take it out of the box, and certainly all should be correctly assembled.

Daylife
05-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Perhaps that would be the best, and tell them to not take in defective products :P You shouldn't miss anything when you take it out of the box, and certainly all should be correctly assembled.

They said that they will be getting a new shipment on Saturday so ill be taking it in for an exchange i guess.....Again.

BrodyBoy
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
They said that they will be getting a new shipment on Saturday so ill be taking it in for an exchange i guess.....Again.
You know, I'd think twice about that "open and inspect it at the store" idea.

Let me explain: They're probably already a little leery of you after three returns and likely looking for reasons to get rid of you. (Don't take it personally...they just don't want to see you walk through the door with another Asus box under your arm!) So I'd be concerned that the store "inspection" would be considered an affirmation, on your part, that the replacement unit is perfect, when in fact there's no way to really know that at the store. What if the GPU starts acting up after a week? What if the subwoofer rattles? What if you start to notice missed keystrokes once you have to type something longer than a test sentence? Etc etc etc.....

But you take it back and they say "hey, we all looked at it and agreed it was fine when it left the store. You can't return this one as defective. Call Asus for warranty service or pay a 15% restocking fee. No exchange this time."

As you have (unfortunately) already discovered, the variety of potential defects and problems with Asus products is not negligible. You certainly wouldn't want to do anything that will limit your return options if the next one has problems as well.

Daylife
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM

Let me explain: They're probably already a little leery of you after three returns and likely looking for reasons to get rid of you. (Don't take it personally...they just don't want to see you walk through the door with another Asus box under your arm!) So I'd be concerned that the store "inspection" would be considered an affirmation, on your part, that the replacement unit is perfect, when in fact there's no way to really know that at the store. What if the GPU starts acting up after a week? What if the subwoofer rattles? What if you start to notice missed keystrokes once you have to type something longer than a test sentence? Etc etc etc.....

But you take it back and they say "hey, we all looked at it and agreed it was fine when it left the store. You can't return this one as defective. Call Asus for warranty service or pay a 15% restocking fee. No exchange this time."

As you have (unfortunately) already discovered, the variety of potential defects and problems with Asus products is not negligible. You certainly wouldn't want to do anything that will limit your return options if the next one has problems as well.

True, but damn...i just want a working Laptop :( i want to be ready for Diablo 3 lol.....and i dont want to keep waisting gas on going to best buy. lol

BrodyBoy
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
True, but damn...i just want a working Laptop :( i want to be ready for Diablo 3 lol.....and i dont want to keep waisting gas on going to best buy. lol
Hey, I can empathize. It took us three tries to get an acceptable G74....

Daylife
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey, I can empathize. It took us three tries to get an acceptable G74....

I hate being that annoying cutsomer coming in multiple times for the same item lol. If this next one that i get doesnt work or come assembled correctly im going to give up and get something else..... :(

Brian_ROG
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear about all of your issues. I don't think that is normal for asus products. I've always known them to be of great quality. Good luck in your next exchange. Hope it goes well for you!

I just got my new G75 on tuesday from Newegg, and it's absolutely perfect. Fast and beautiful.

chrsplmr
05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Brody, I had to stop and say .. above is some of the best well reasoned advice i have ever read .. perfect sense.

B_ROG...........Awesome.. Welcome to ROG.c.

Holy
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Hope you get a good one this time i just got mine yesterday buy gonna have to rma it back to the company i bought i for to fix my back-lit keyboard.

Daylife
05-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Well i got my 4th G75 and this one is working perfectly fine!! FINALLY :)

Holy
05-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Woot Congrats

Daylife
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Woot Congrats

Thank you :)

Tristamus
05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, looks like I am not alone.

Mine came in pretty much disassembled. I had to pop all the panels into place on the display and the bottom, and then 3 days later after using it, it died. The MOBO was defective, and I am currently waiting on it to be repaired and returned. I spent about $3,000 on this one, got it from Xotic PC.

I guess even when you spend that much, they just don't care.

Daylife
06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Well, looks like I am not alone.

Mine came in pretty much disassembled. I had to pop all the panels into place on the display and the bottom, and then 3 days later after using it, it died. The MOBO was defective, and I am currently waiting on it to be repaired and returned. I spent about $3,000 on this one, got it from Xotic PC.

I guess even when you spend that much, they just don't care.

Yeah that sucks : / But i really like this laptop so i didn't give up on it lol. I finally got a perfect one and im loving it. Just give it time :) Good Luck man.

chrsplmr
06-01-2012, 01:31 AM
DayLife+ .... exactly.

Tristamus .. Ill bet XoticPc cares .. forward them your post in this
thread and see ... that is the very Last thing they want on ROGforum.Best of Luck.

Holy
06-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Xotic does care. there willing to put up wit me complaining about my backlit keyboard. witch turned white couple of minutes of getting it back from a rma from the. You could have just returned it and ordered a new one.

m3rcer
06-01-2012, 05:06 AM
I know the pain of the OP. I'm on my first G75 from BestBuy, but my 3rd laptop in less than a week.

Started on Saturday, got a nice Sony Vaio S, $899, i5 2nd gen, 750gb hybrid hdd, bluray, Radeon 4460 (if I remember). Brought it home, it ran Portal 2 pretty well -- BUT the colors on screen were just way off. Cloned it to my TV/monitor, and the difference was amazing. The Sony screen didn't like reds. So next day (Sunday), I took it back, looked at the display model of the same Sony Vaio S, and yup, same poor colors.

Next was a Samsung Chronos,$999, i7 2nd gen, 500gb hybrid drive, dvd combo, Radeon 6850m (if I remember). Brought it home, ran Portal better -- BUT the next day the screen developed a dead pixel almost near the middle. So back that went.

At that point, I just went "eff it", I wanted the G75 in the first place anyway. So what if my back is killed.

And here we are, about to install a SSD, a 750gb 7200 WD Black, and an additional 8gigs of RAM.

Detok
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I as well am going on my 2nd G75 from BB. From my experiences this is what I recommend to you guys, when you get your new G75 uninstall the ASUS Live Update, and if your having the very common subwoofer issue, open your 3rd party sound settings up (you can find in task manager) turn the subwoofer completely down to 0% and use headphones or external speakers. Until ASUS releases a proper driver of course. These were two problems I had with my 1st G75 and if I would have known these two minor quick fixes I would have saved myself time, and a huge headache. If your wondering why remove the updater, I had it run a update and it wiped out a bunch of drivers on my system and damaged the hard drive and didn't allow me to restore or recover. Another member on the forum here had the same problem I believe. Hope this was of some help.

Daylife
06-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I as well am going on my 2nd G75 from BB. From my experiences this is what I recommend to you guys, when you get your new G75 uninstall the ASUS Live Update, and if your having the very common subwoofer issue, open your 3rd party sound settings up (you can find in task manager) turn the subwoofer completely down to 0% and use headphones or external speakers. Until ASUS releases a proper driver of course. These were two problems I had with my 1st G75 and if I would have known these two minor quick fixes I would have saved myself time, and a huge headache. If your wondering why remove the updater, I had it run a update and it wiped out a bunch of drivers on my system and damaged the hard drive and didn't allow me to restore or recover. Another member on the forum here had the same problem I believe. Hope this was of some help.

Yeah thats a good idea. Im glad that this 4TH G75 is running great lol! But now i cant take the back cover off to upgrade RAM or to SSD its like super hard to take it off and i dont want to break it! lol

kiba
06-02-2012, 06:57 AM

Exactly, not to mention, i used to work at best buy before and during college, albeit in the mobile install bay, but I knew people who worked in customer service/geek squad, and some of them were just plain MEAN. They used to hate customers like you (no offense) and do things to mess with them. i wouldnt be surprised if some or all of your issues might have been caused by them. They get payed a dismal hourly rate which is not affected in the least by however much the customer hates them. Doing sick things to people is their idea of entertainment. My advice: dont shop at best buy lolz.

chrsplmr
06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Detok... ROGsalute. Well said, well played.
Jsl1ce.... I love the BB GS billing .. hahaha .. they make my phone ring..hahahaa
DayLife .. ROG on brother ..

and Holy .. Members like you and above are what give ROG a heartbeat.. cudos all.

I can feel the love for the G75 growing ... Asus ... ummmm ... subwoofer/software for these fine ROGs???? c.

Ragemax
06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I too am missing that rubber piece from the bottom..... WTF? Did your new one have it? I dunno if I return this I probably wont buy another, this is just ridiculous and I dont have the patience to go through 3-4 laptops just to get a perfect one.

dstrakele
06-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Like everything these days, these electronic gizmos are slapped together in China by kids who practically (if not literally) live at the factory and make probably make less than $3/hour even with overtime. See http://www.lfpress.com/tech/news/2012/05/31/19820616.html

It doesn't matter what gizmo you buy and what brand name is on it. I've read on the iPad 3 Forum that some owners have exchanged 6 times or more and finally accept one with defects because they are afraid the next replacement iPad will be worse. Same thing on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Forum on AndroidCentral.

Exchanges to get a unit without defects is common today. A sign of the times... "I can feel the love for the G75 growing..."