PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rampage IV extreme and CPUID Hardware Monitor

Anicra
05-11-2012, 03:24 AM
I am getting a goofy value on CPUTIN. No clue if problem on their side or real.
For Example
Hardware Monitor
vs
AIDA64

Anyone else getting a strange value on CPUTIN on their Rampage IV Extreme?

Zka17
05-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeap, as you can see around this forum, there is something strange going on with Asus mobos and HWMonitor... You'r lucky having only the CPUTIN only out of normal values, most people have strange AUXTIN values too. As far as I got it, disregard the CPUTIN (and AUXTIN), focus on the CPU core temps.

HiVizMan
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
My problem is that I do not like to have two monitoring or sensor applications active on the same system. When you have more than one application polling the sensors you are quite likely going to get messed up data and incorrect readings.

But why that is I have no idea.

Anicra
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Ya the only reason I came across this is that I used OCCT 4.2 to test out OC'n with some graphs on temps. So the first thing I thought of was that, hey it must a 2 monitoring program error. So I disabled after a quick reboot on unrelated item, tested it again same deal. Then I tried Pro etc., still there. So I figured I would post it.

Eyetrip
05-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I have resorted to using coretemp or Aida64.

HWInfo64 and CPUID HWMonitor were giving me unbelievably high readings on my cores. Spent hours and hours troubleshooting my pc with fan remounting etc only to find software was out :)