PDA

View Full Version : N53SM Update GPU

spartanx
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Hello all I would ask a question, you can upgrade the video card of this notebook for example in the upper GT 630M?
And I wanted to ask if this notebook is for comfortable use software such as Autodesk 3ds max maya etc...?
Thanks

Zygomorphic
05-12-2012, 01:47 AM
The short answer(s) to both your questions is no.
The first answer is an easy no, the GPU is soldered to the motherboard, and physically cannot be replaced.
The second answer is a harder no. You theoretically could run 3ds Max, but I wouldn't recommend it. The gaming drivers that ship with the Geforce cards are optimized for games, not for stability that you would need with CAD/3D modeling software. I run CAD software on my G53SX (GTX 560M), and it runs well enough, but not comparable to say a Quadro or Firegl card. If heavy 3D modeling is in your future, invest in a proper mobile workstation, not a multimedia notebook. For student use, however, I would say that it is fine.

spartanx
05-12-2012, 05:15 PM
ok thank you for this beautiful answer, however, are a student who wants to learn to use these software Autodesk so what you told me is fine

Zygomorphic
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Absolutely not a problem. Actually, I am glad to know that my answer helps. As a student, you should be fine, especially considering that true mobile workstations cost a lot of money. The workstation cards perform better, but low-end gaming cards run rings around anything Intel offers. All things considered, though, Intel is getting a lot better.

spartanx
05-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Thank you very much again for the reply, however I will wait if you get a machine that is suitable as first choice then they will come perhaps with others in the series ASUS Nvidia or ATI video card that would handle well that I have seen this here on YouTube turns well on the games we say in resolution 1024x768 and 800x600 in HD we are only those light :)

Zygomorphic
05-13-2012, 12:19 PM
What are your computer requirements? Please fill out this form:

1) What screen size do you want/need?
2) What kinds of software will you run?
3) How intensive are they (if they are games)?
4) How portable do you want it to be?
5) What other things will you do with your computer?
6) What is your budget?
7) Can you upgrade computers yourself?

Based upon what I can guess, the N-series sounds like a good choice. The portability isn't great (but its better than the G-series ;) ), but it should be fine.

EDIT: Only buy Intel processors if you do 3D rendering.

spartanx
05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Then the laptop that I want and that can run this software to learn how to use Autodesk basiliare of 3D graphics and games as well but I do not want full HD only matters to me the plot only if the graphics a little game I like my budget is more or less 700 to 800 I had a look and especially the N Series I was very impressed by the sound and its processor, but for the video card is not discrete but manages to spin the latest games on medium-high

Zygomorphic
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
For 3D graphics, you will really want the full HD panel. I do CAD and programming, and the 1080p makes a difference, enough that I am willing to pay for it. Try it, and you will think the same.