PDA

View Full Version : TouchPad & more

iSeoX
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys, just went to Best Buy today and grabbed myself brand new Asus G75 and absolutely loving it! :cool:

Few silly questions,:confused: but is there a way to turn off the touchpad? and can anyone link me to page that give you short cut command keys? Would really appreciated, Thanks guys.:D

-iSeoX

Cecil_2099
05-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Hooking up a mouse should automatically disable the touchpad. At least my Best Buy G75 does that.

john_from_ohio
05-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Few silly questions,:confused: but is there a way to turn off the touchpad? and can anyone link me to page that give you short cut command keys? Would really appreciated,

You have to go into control panel ==> mouse and then there is a checkbox that allows you to disable touchpad when external mouse is plugged in ( or detected maybe if wireless ) ( under device settings panel ). Dunno about short cut command keys to accomplish ...

iSeoX
05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
You have to go into control panel ==> mouse and then there is a checkbox that allows you to disable touchpad when external mouse is plugged in ( or detected maybe if wireless ) ( under device settings panel ). Dunno about short cut command keys to accomplish ...

Sweet! Thanks for the help guys, yeah have to go disable it since my usb mouse doesn't auto disable lol

Guess I'll keep looking for the command key shortcut :eek:

tech_droid
05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
It's "fn" (function key) plus F9.

~TD

ghimeu
05-12-2012, 02:52 PM
just got my G55. Wonderful machine except for one issue, my mouse pointer disappears. It's now you see it now you don't.

Sometimes after booting up, you will see the pointer and sometimes you won't.
Sometimes the mouse pointer will disappear when I exit a programme. And sometimes it will disappear in the middle of usage.

Doesn't matter if touchpad or mouse. Everything else on the screen is ok. Just the mouse pointer will disappear.

Anybody facing the same issue or could help to solve this issue please.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

dstrakele
05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Unplug your USB Mouse. Uninstall your current touchpad driver from Control Panel. REBOOT to allow Windows to install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver.

If you still have this "mouse pointer disappears" issue with the Windows touchpad driver, REBOOT, press F9 at the ASUS splash screen to activate the ASUS Factory Restore process. Choose to restore Windows to the first partition. NOTE: Be sure to backup any important files in the 1st partition. It will be completely overwritten.

If you still have this issue after the ASUS Factory Restore, contact your retailer and see if you can exchange your defective laptop for a new unit.

iSeoX
05-12-2012, 03:45 PM
It's "fn" (function key) plus F9.

~TD

any idea where I can find the list of FN command? I saw it somewhere before and then I have completely lost track where it is now....:confused:

dstrakele
05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
There should be a "Special Keyboard Functions" section in your Manual in the eSupport folder on your OS drive that discusses the function keys.

Grumpo
11-06-2013, 12:58 AM
I found on mine under the hidden icons on the system tray an icon that deals with the ASUS smart gestures. There is a button there to automatically disable the touch pad if it detects an external pointer.