PDA

View Full Version : Momentary freezes on most games...

wmddragoon
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
I have noticed the issue so far playing Crysis and World of Warcraft. The games run with great fps on the highest settings except for the freezes lasting anywhere from barely noticeable to 4 or more seconds. I've already made sure my hdd isn't turning itself off. I have the bestbuy g73jh. I don't believe it is a hardware problem because this is the second one I have had with the same issue. All drivers are up to date and I am really at a loss for what to do at this point. Anything that could help would be appreciated.

Xanderprime
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
I have the same problem in WoW with the same exact laptop (there is another thread on this on this forum). It is the slow WD Scorpio (I think it's Blue) hard drive. I've researched everywhere to find a fix for it with no avail. So I took my old hard drive from my other laptop (a WD Scorpio Black drive at 7200 rpm) and swapped it in. Worked like a charm.....no more freezes.

wmddragoon
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Wouldn't replacing the hdd void my warranty? I saw the other post about the WoW freezes but my computer does it with everything. Even my browser. Those posts also didn't say anything about how to fix this hdd. If anyone knows of anything that could help besides replacing the hdd I would really like to know.

MarkS
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Wouldn't replacing the hdd void my warranty? I saw the other post about the WoW freezes but my computer does it with everything. Even my browser. Those posts also didn't say anything about how to fix this hdd. If anyone knows of anything that could help besides replacing the hdd I would really like to know.

Since I don't play WoW I don't know how HDD affects gameplay, but I do know you won't void your warranty replacing your hard drive(s). Well, maybe if you use a hammer to remove the access panel...