PDA

View Full Version : New G75 on its way.

Primal
05-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Hey guys, new Asus customer, this is my first Asus laptop went with the G75vw-ts71.

Quick question, i see a lot of people are having display issues with the latest Nvidia drivers, from what i gathered the
horizontal line problem is only with Asus laptops, so while they say they are working on it im not gonna hold my breath for
quick fix on their end. This means that i will stick with older drivers until they have worked it out. The last version to work
properly was 285.79, i was planning on using the drivers provided on the Asus website, but the version numbers aren't the same,
is there a way to find the 285.79 version from Asus? Or should i just use those from Nvidia?

Thanks!

Ugolino
05-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Ive been trying all sorts of drivers for the g75 and i havent found one that resolves the issue. The problem is that the driver you listed is no longer compatible with the new graphics cards. drivers that are older that one can be installed but dont do the trick for some reason. I made a post recently looking for answers but waiting may be the only solution. I have hit a dead end, but ill be watching this post in hopes that someone has figured it out.

Holy
05-13-2012, 07:40 AM
i have had no problems with my 660m then again i have a a ds71. I'm also on the latest drivers.

iSeoX
05-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm also first time Asus buyer as well, bought it from BestBuy 2 days ago and have had no problem at all **knock on wood** :cool:

Hope you enjoy your new toy that's coming :D

Primal
05-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys.

The problems appears to be with, apparently, only some Asus panels. Nvidia says its a conflict between the drviers/vid card doing some dithering and the Asus panels also trying to do some of its own as well. Im not sure if its the brand/batch of the panel used in different laptops thats the issue since some don't seem to have any problems, or if its a 1080p vs 900 thing. For those of you that do have the problem can you confirm which resolution your screen is?

Some g74 owners said that turning color depth to 16 bits instead of 32 solved the problem, if anyone could confirm this it would be awesome, while it does affect image quality it could be a temporary fix for some.

Holy
05-13-2012, 07:53 PM
i have a 1080p screen

Aras
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Primal I can confirm that it is better on 16 bits, it fixes horizontal lines on ROG walpaper but not in the game...

Primal
05-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Because the game runs in 32 bit by default... makes sense.

My g75 should be here on tuesday, its a 1600 x 900, ill let you know how it looks.