PDA

View Full Version : G53SX - Brand New - Explorer Randomly Crashing

Raccoon
05-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Heya! I just got a new G53SX from Best Buy. Windows Explorer is constantly locking up. I've researched the issue a little and found this http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/652257-newbie-need-help-g53sx.html. This is the exact same issue I am having. I am currently restoring factory defaults as I type this. I am super bummed, as I have been saving for this laptop for a while. Being a Raccoon sucks, aside from having opposable thumbs :(

BrodyBoy
05-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Asus Cloud Storage has been known to cause crashing issues in Windows Explorer. Try uninstalling it.

Raccoon
05-13-2012, 06:05 PM
It seems to be ok after a formatting . I will update as necessary.

HavokD
05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
A clear symptom to check if you have driver issues with your audio is this: If you try to access the Ease of Access and your laptop completely locks up, then remove all Creative software from Control Panel/Uninstall. Reboot. Uninstall the realtek high definition driver then reboot. THen install the latest realtek driver and reboot. Finally, install AGAIN the realtek driver. Try to enter the ease of access again and see if its ok now.

Edit: Forgot to say, this SHOULD fix those nasty and pesky freezes you are having