PDA

View Full Version : G51Jx-A1 Keyboard Issues

fragment
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
I've had my G51Jx-A1 for a little under a year now, and I've been 'dealing' with the issues that I seem to have with it's keyboard.

Over-all this is a wonderful laptop. the only two con's that I have with it are this keyboard issue and the 6-Cell battery (I understand why it doesn't last long, but just sucks that it doesn't, lol.)
Intermittently the keyboard will "skip" some letters that I'm typing... I'm not sure if this is due to the physical "bow" that this keyboard seems to have (An apparently well known defect), or if it is the result of another issue.. This happens in Linux and Windows, so I'm assuming that it's a hardware issue.

Can anyone help me with this? I type pretty fast and I'm retentive about my spelling. This issue slows down my typing greatly and I've never had an issue like this before. Any help would be appreciated.

It would be a sad thing if I had to get another laptop because of a silly issue like this, but for me it's a very crucial factor in having a positive experience with a laptop.

- fragment