PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new Xonar Phoebus

Pages : [1] 2 3

coolasmoo
05-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi There

Just thought I would try here before I RMA the new Phoebus.

I installed the card, and while the sound quality is really good, even compared to my XFi, there is one thing that has been a real problem.

Punkbuster....

Loaded up BF3, and played about 20mins of a round of conquest and then got a lockup with sound looping. Had to hard reset to get back into Windows 7

Now this is the first time I have ever had this lockup as up until now, I have had my XFi installed and never had a lockup of this nature. So I thought I would try again, and within 10 mins I had the same lockup.

So I thought I would do a clean install of Windows and still had the problem.
Updated MB Bios
Changed PCI-E slots
Tried with all enhancements turned on and off in the sound card properties.
Lowered and raised the Hz
Reinstalled BF3 and Phoebus drivers
Updated Punkbuster.

The only way I can get the card not to lockup is by going on non Punkbuster servers.

So after a pretty rubbish weekend troubleshooting the problem and searching for answers, I have pulled the card and put back the XFi which works fine, even the on board sound worked fine aswell.

I'm running the Gigabyte Z77 UD5H and 2600K

Any ideas Raja?

txfeinbergs
05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Well, at least you took a thorough troubleshooting approach. :D

I am sure there are going to be a few bugs that make it past QA since there is no way they can test all possible SW combinations. That and you are living on the bleeding edge since you are one of the first that have the thing. I am sure it will get fixed rather quickly since many people will probably start reporting it.

Unfortunately, I don't have my card yet, so I can't try BF3 on my end with it yet to see if I see the same thing.

coolasmoo
05-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, Its only for the fact that I have completely run out of ideas that I gave up :)

Im really hoping they have a new beta driver I can try or something because I really like the card.

thegovernment
05-14-2012, 04:59 AM
I will have my card tomorrow and try it out. My current forte 7.1 has been nothing but awesome since I got it for games. Theres a good chance new drivers will fix it. Hopefully they will have something out soon.

Raja@ASUS
05-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I will try and replicate on the R4E with Punkbuster and see what I get. Let you know later, am in office now.

Thomas@Asus
05-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi Coolasmoo,

Can you please disable "GX" within the software suite. Also, please check to make sure that it does not automatically re-enable itself.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thomas@Asus
05-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Also,

 Restore MB to default BIOS setting, which is pretty likely the optimized for such a heavy-loading game
 Tweak the power setting to make sure VGA gets as much power as it wants
 In our test with single 480, the power is set to “optimized”, and VGA is sometimes low on power. After we give it full power, no more crashes
 Put VGA on the PCI-E slot that’s closest to CPU (the top slot on MB)

coolasmoo
05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Again,

Thanks for the update guys,

Yep I have read about the GX within the suite, but this was never enabled when running the game. I did various tests with all enhancements off and on.

Unless there is any other way to check this, all I could see was a red button in the top right of the control panel that had a toggle on and off.

Thomas, your second suggestion seems to troubleshoot VGA issues. I also ran optimized defaults while troubleshooting in the bios.

VGA is a 680GTX, top slot closest to the CPU and I run a 800w Dark power pro PSU.

The Phoebus runs off a dedicated 6PIn off the PSU.

Thanks Raja for the testing, look forward to hearing your results.

Thomas@Asus
05-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi,

We have heard of a similar issue in the past when a customer was using a Xonar card on a Gigabyte motherboard. The above suggestions are what we discovered to be a quick fix for the issue.

As you have confirmed you have disabled GX and ran BIOS at Optimized Default Settings I will see if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Can I ask where you purchased the Phoebus? If you would not like to wait then please return it asap.

coolasmoo
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi Thomas,

I purchased the card from Overclockers UK who have also been really helpful on their technical support.

MileHighSe7en
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi There

I installed the card, and while the sound quality is really good, even compared to my XFi, there is one thing that has been a real problem.

Punkbuster....

Loaded up BF3, and played about 20mins of a round of conquest and then got a lockup with sound looping. Had to hard reset to get back into Windows 7

Now this is the first time I have ever had this lockup as up until now, I have had my XFi installed and never had a lockup of this nature. So I thought I would try again, and within 10 mins I had the same lockup.

Updated MB Bios
Changed PCI-E slots
Updated Punkbuster.

The only way I can get the card not to lockup is by going on non Punkbuster servers.

So after a pretty rubbish weekend troubleshooting the problem and searching for answers, I have pulled the card and put back the XFi which works fine, even the on board sound worked fine aswell.

Any ideas Raja?

I have the same issue with BF3/Punkbuster

I'm running it with an Asus P8P67 Deluxe or Pro

GX disabled. Tried lowering the sample rate

No issue when the Phoebus is disabled and using my old USB headset.

Not sure what else to do.

Raja@ASUS
05-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Bear with me am testing an have looped in HQ. Could need a PB update, as soon as I have more info I will post it.

-Raja

dedaciai
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
First, I just wanna say thank you Asus for responding and trying to help us with our Phoebus inquiries (some of the other vendors don't ever respond after they launch a new produc...sad).

in any case, I am also having problems with my Phoebus too when playing BF3 (see sig for my rig's details). After about 15-20 the audio goes kind of nutty and the game crashes to desktop with no warning of why it happened (I just get a "kicked from server notice"). I then followed y'alls suggestion of turning off GX, turned off all addition software, and put the sample rate back to 44.1KHz and 16 bit.

Once I turned GX off and turned off all of the nice add ons, the game tried to crash, but somehow recovered and I was able to finish the match. However, the audio was kind of off or seemed to be looping which would cause my video output stutter till the end of the match then all was fine:confused:.

I should also add that the Phoebus has worked flawlessly during regular music listening and video.

Thanks in advance!

Raja@ASUS
05-15-2012, 06:20 AM
HQ are working on replicating as we speak, so should have an update soon.

-Raja

Choum
05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
There's a similar problem since 2 year without any solution for all sound card that use a realtek chipset with punkbuster.
Realtek and punkbuster keep playing ping-pong about this bug.

I'm not sure but some website report that the phoebus have a Realtek ALC889.

dedaciai
05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Just an update, but I played a little more BF3 last night and I have not crashed or been kicked from BF3. However, it seems that at about 15 minutes into a match either the video and audio get really messed up (I played 3 or 4 matches and it happened every time). After about 5-10 seconds of severe audio and video stutter it goes away and I was able to finish the match.

I was using a creative x-fi without this problem before the Phoebus :-/

dedaciai
05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Sorry for spamming this thread, but here are a few things I have found searching around the internet regarding Realtek/Punkbuster/BF3 issues. I have not had a chance to try any of them yet (dealing with a sprained 1st and 2nd metatarsel bone in my foot :p ). I plan on trying some of these suggestions late this afternoon and I will report back.

Please let me know if you have tried any of these yourselves, too. :-)

http://www.spotht.com/2010/06/how-to-fix-freeze-problems-for.html?m=1

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265135

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-battlefield-3/60791887

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-battlefield-3/60785449

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1455182-fix-battlefield-3-bad-company-2-realtek-bsod.html

Raja@ASUS
05-15-2012, 03:58 PM
There's a similar problem since 2 year without any solution for all sound card that use a realtek chipset with punkbuster.
Realtek and punkbuster keep playing ping-pong about this bug.

I'm not sure but some website report that the phoebus have a Realtek ALC889.

It does not use a Realtek chipset :) C-Media.

coolasmoo
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi

Do you think we will have an update by the end of the week?

Thanks

thegovernment
05-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Well, i got mine yesterday and.......... not sure what to do with it yet lol. Sound quality is good but no better than the forte I was using before or my creative HD on my edifier S500 system. Driver took 5 tries to install but eventually did. I'm having the same BF3 problems as the other guys, went through all the fixes and nothing worked. Man, there is nothing worse than having to do the run around with something you've been waiting for.
Also, is there any all channel stereo mode when playing music? Maybe I'm missing it in the options but I can't seem to find it. I cannot for the life of me get any sound out of my center or back surrounds out of this thing other than using those horrid Environment effects (which are complete garbage) when listing to music. Thats a must for me.

also how is it possible you don't have a gaming mode on a gaming card? I made a folder but isn't this a gaming card?. I will give it a few more days but unless these issues get figured out, this will be my first and last asus soundcard card

Rampage IV extreme
32 gigs ram
AX1200
evga 680 x 2 sli

Sim
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello

Receiving my Phobeus tomorrow, and i have just seen this thread.
The game that I play is BF3.... perturbed that a new soundcrad and on that is £160 has this kind of issue with this kind of game.

Was this not tested by QA ??,
Any updates to problem ?

Would like to keep the card but would want it to work as it should do.

Thank you for your time.

dedaciai
05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I turned all of the sampling settings to 44.1KHz/16bit and that has seemed to keep me from being kicked from the servers, but I am stilling getting some serious stutter(video and audio) after about 15 minutes of game play (BF3). I have to say the sound quality from the Phoebus is great and I am hearing things and locations of sounds much more clearly that my old x-fi, but the stutter is EXTREMELY annoying. I really hope they can find a fix this issue soon.

*I guess it would be nice to know if they are at least working on the problem as I really do like this card, but the BF3 bug is a little much for me as I play a lot of BF3 with my friends*

thegovernment
05-18-2012, 01:06 AM
So I found out I'm missing half the features in the control panel for some reason (no eq, no dolby anything, no extra anything). I guess the 5th install didn't go correctly, now I can't seem to get the driver uninstalled and the phoebus control panel won't show up in my remove programs. I've deleted everything asus related in my pc and the sound still works, even though the phoebus control panel says there are no soundcards installed, I deleted that, still sound.
It keeps giving me an error everytime I try to re-install and the crap disc won't let me do anything with it. I though it was my pc, I have 3 more high end rigs in the house. It wouldn't install properly on 2 of the 3 other pc's I have. Just hangs on installing and the other refuses to install giving some crap error code lol.

Well, thats enough for me, it's going back and I'm done with Asus soundcards. I've built 20 personal rigs in the last 5 years (I swap to latest and greatest every 6 month) and this stupid soundcard is giving me more grief than anything I've ever installed lol
Ahh well, whatcha gonna do right? :)

coolasmoo
05-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Well im sure this wont help anyone, but I decided to bite the bullet and get a refund today.

My supplier was more than happy with this.

I hope you all get a fix for this problem but in the meantime I have gone back to the XFi which works ok.

:)

thegovernment
05-18-2012, 06:40 PM
me too man, I got my RMA number from ncix today and shipped it back this morning.
BTW did your card make a snapping sound out of your speakers whenever the card got power or changed modes?

coolasmoo
05-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, it was like someone flicking a switch each time the system started.

I think Raja said this was normal in a previous thread.

Sim
05-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Hello

Installed Phoebus card, no problems.
Music works fine, Video works fine.....there is an issue with game.
I have only played BF3 so far....issue is as others describe.
Played for 15-20 min no problems, then all of a sudden Lags out Fram rate is like 1-2 FPS, long pauses.
There is sound, but its just lagg sound that moves with the laaged out Frames of BF3 when the issue occurs.
Game becomes totally unp[layable and unresponsive, have to ALT+F4 to get out of which that tyakes like a min to do.

have not tested out any other games as of yet will do and will post if any other issues.

Asus any updates with this issue would be apriciated ?

Thank you.

thegovernment
05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah, it was like someone flicking a switch each time the system started.

I think Raja said this was normal in a previous thread.

When I first heard it, I though the card was arching a spark in my case somewhere lol

firekiller44
05-19-2012, 01:21 AM
it's kinda scary that you guys would release a device without testing it first, it's not like this is some cheep piece of crap , this is a 200$ sound card, wow my rog maximus gene v just lost a lot of it's value, no wonder my 2500k wont overclock at all, pretty upset and disapointed about the service.

mwindham08
05-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Not sure if this will work in battlefield 3 but I was getting constant game crashes and hard resets while playing various games, particularly Diablo III. The only thing way I managed to prevent this was to not use Dolby Home Theatre at all. I have 192khz and 24 bit sample rates on and xear surround turned on. GX mode was also off and this was playing through headphones plugged directly into sound card. Not sure why the Dobly theater is the issue but this is what prevented my crashes.

Update:
After playing a round of BF3 for 15 minutes my match also bottomed out to 1-2fps. Did this for about 40-50 seconds then picked back up and I was able to finish the match. Asus needs to come out with a driver update pronto...

mwindham08
05-20-2012, 10:45 PM
So after about 30 minutes of playing Diablo III still crashed. Apparently nothing on this card works, so I am not really sure why it was for sale. Definitely sending back...

Sim
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
So after about 30 minutes of playing Diablo III still crashed. Apparently nothing on this card works, so I am not really sure why it was for sale. Definitely sending back...

Hello

What issue are you have with Diablo 3 ?
Been using card and are playing Daiblo 3 im level 20 so have had a good few hours.
Only issue im have game wise at the moment is BF3.
Have tried with Crysis 2, Daiblo 3, Sniper Elite 2 and some other indi games.

Oh and dolby on or off makes no difference on BF3.

I like the card and its features, and dont realy want to send it back.
But i cant play BF3 which is not good, as it is a major Game of which i play.
Ironinc.... ROG product and haveing issues on a big and latest game.

ASUS any updates to this issue ?
We dont mind help you out to reolve it if there is anything wecan do.

Sim

thegovernment
05-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm sure they are working on a driver fix. I have lots of Asus stuff and if they can get this all figured out, I'd give the card another try but they need to post the driver on the asus support page so we can DL it. Them not having it up there pretty much spells out problems with the driver.

txfeinbergs
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
I also do not have any issue with Diablo 3 and this card. In fact, it sounds amazing. No issues with Skyrim as well. Although I have BF3, I have not tried it, and given the feedback from everyone, I will wait for a new driver before trying.

Sim
05-22-2012, 03:29 PM
An update would be nice, as to what is going with this.
Are they testing ? outcome ? are they working on an updated driver ??

MileHighSe7en
05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
An update would be nice, as to what is going with this.
Are they testing ? outcome ? are they working on an updated driver ??

This ^.

Can someone from ASUS chime in and give us an update.

Ive disabled Dolby Theater while playing BF3/Punkbuster and still got the dreaded hard freeze/audio loop. The card doesnt sound nearly as good with the Dolby Theater disabled but thought I would test it out.

DIablo 3, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 all work for me. No issues with music or movies.

With that being said, I purchased the Phoebus for BF3. Its what I play most of the time. Its the reason why I bought a high-end gaming rig (and still adding/upgrading parts).

Please fix this product because it sounds amazing before it crashes! If theres anything I can do to help/test, let me know.

Raja@ASUS
05-22-2012, 06:00 PM
What we will need from all of you guys is a very detailed config list in a single post. This will then be passed to HQ. They are looking at it.

stephengillon
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Im currently having 2 problems with the pheobus nothing deal breaking

1 - Mic makes a humming noise when playing any game

Friends tell me my mic hums when im gaming, Im using mumble and some times am talking to friends and its clear as day. Soon as i launch a game they say it has a humming noise.

2 - Output sometimes defaults to spdif even though its disabled and speakers set to default and still say default in the properties. (rebooting fixes this but sucks that i have to)

now the humming noise is not caused by any external noises like fans or anything pc is liquid cooled with fans at a static low rpm
also i am not using the break out box

headphones: psyko audio carbon 5.1

system
cpu: intel 3930k @ stock curently
mobo: rampage iv extreme koolance blocked
ram: 32 gb corsair vengenace 1600mhz
gpu: 2x evga 580 hydro copper 2 1.5gb in sli
ssd: 2x ocz vertex 3 max iops in raid 0
psu: corsair ax1200

MileHighSe7en
05-22-2012, 06:59 PM
What we will need from all of you guys is a very detailed config list in a single post. This will then be passed to HQ. They are looking at it.

Sure. What config list do you need? System specs? Or Phoebus configs? both?

Thanks for the response!

London
05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I just ordered one of these from NCIX for $199, I really hope that money wasn't wasted given all these issues I'm reading about. :/
I'm running an all Asus/Corsair setup with some high end 7.1 computer speakers.

dedaciai
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM

Hey Raja,

Thank you for replying. We really do appreciate you bringing our issues to HQ. Like the other poster said, what kind of detailed config list do you need? I would be glad to furnish said list.

I don't want to give up on this card just yet since before crashes it sounds awesome (and I am fragging better in BF3 before it crashes my game:-) It has also given my really old speakers some new life since I installed the Phoebus.

Raja@ASUS
05-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Sure. What config list do you need? System specs? Or Phoebus configs? both?

Thanks for the response!

Both :)

Vkins
05-23-2012, 07:42 AM
So I got my Phoebus yesterday and so far I didn't run into any problems with games. (Played CS:S, CS:GO, TERA and CoD: Black Ops. Everything worked absolutely fine.) When I'm at home, I will try BF3 and MW3 and see if I run into the same problems.

Anyway, something different: Whenever I open Notepad++ I get a weird static hissing noise from my speakers/headphones. As soon as I close Notepad++, the hissing is gone. This didn't happen with my Realtek onboard, X-Fi or Recon3D Sound systems.

Specs:
Asus P8Z68-V
Intel i5-2500K (Non-OC)
EVGA GTX570 HD 2560MB (Non-OC)
2x4GB Corsair XMS3 (Non-OC)
Win7 Ultimate x64

My Blu-Ray Drives and my HDD probably aren't too interesting. ;)

Sim
05-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Both :)

Hello Raja
Thank you for your intrest and help.

here is my List:-

Mobo:- Asus rampage Extreme 4
CPU:- Intel Sandy Bridge-E 3930K @ 4.8Ghz (overclock is using multipler of 48 x bclk of 100)
MEM:- 32GB MEM @ 2400Mhz Gskill Trident
PSU:- Corsair AX 1200 PSU
SSD 1 :- OCZ vertex 4 SATA 3256GB 1.4c Firmware
SSD 2 :- OCZ vertex 2 SATA 2120GB 1.39 Firmware
SSD 3 :- OCZ REVO x3 PCI-E 256GB
GPU:- Asus Nividia GTX 690
SC:- ASUS Phoebus
NICs
:- Intel PT1000 Dual NIC used for internal lan.
:- Onboard NIC is used for Internet.

Phoebus:-
When playing BF3 and haveing the issue, it is in headphone mode, with dolby on.
(have used it with dolby on and off still crashes out)
(BF3 is played in Hardcore mode and Punk Buster , have not tried it within a non punkbuster game)

if you need anything else let us know

Vkins
05-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Okay, I can't confirm any of these reports.
I just played a few matches of Modern Warfare 3 and ran into absolutely no issues at all. The game ran fine and the sound was fine, too.

I also played Battlefield 3 for about an hour on a Punkbuster protected server and I wasn't kicked or anything. Also, I didn't experience any kind of stutter or similar. I had a grand ole' time. ;)

I even had (accidentally) GX enabled and it didn't interfere with any games. So, I just used GX and the intelligent equalizer, everything else that alters the sound was disabled.

dedaciai
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Okay, I can't confirm any of these reports.
I just played a few matches of Modern Warfare 3 and ran into absolutely no issues at all. The game ran fine and the sound was fine, too.

I also played Battlefield 3 for about an hour on a Punkbuster protected server and I wasn't kicked or anything. Also, I didn't experience any kind of stutter or similar. I had a grand ole' time. ;)

I even had (accidentally) GX enabled and it didn't interfere with any games. So, I just used GX and the intelligent equalizer, everything else that alters the sound was disabled.

Well you are one of the very few to not run into problems. Luck you :-).

Raja - My system specs are in my sig. I turned off all of my overclocks and still no change in the serious audio/visual stutter that I get when playing BF3. With regards to Phoebus settings the only that has kept me from being kicked from servers is to turn everything off (e.g. GX, ) and run the Phoebus at the lowest sample rate.

Please let me know if you need any other hardware/Phoebus details.

Thanks!

thegovernment
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I was having problems with BF3, sound snapping upon change of inputs or programs and the software package not installing correctly and when it did, it was missing most of the features. One of my PC's also has bitdefender and would not let the phoebus driver or software install, flagging it as a virus (my other pc with bitdefender installed everything fine. lol) Though thats not a problem with the software, it's bitdefenders deal. Other PC's with nod32 and kapernsky also gave warnings of a virus on the install, installed in safe mode but still only got half way through install and gave error on both machines.
I have a few machines around the house that friends come over to play on and i use for lan. all systems use win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

System specs Main Gaming rig (driver would install only through windows 7 finding the driver, not through using install on disk, software would not install properly, only had speakers and aux as options. EQ wasn't there and dolby wouldn't install)
3930K @ 4.66GHZ
Rampage IV Extreme
2 x 128 crucial M4 raid 0
2 x 256 Crucial M4 games, programs
2 x 1TB wD black storage
AX 1200
32 gigs kingston hyper X 1866
2 evga 680's SLI

Second gaming rig (this is the one it installed on with no problems)
i7 920@ 4.1ghz
EVGA classified x58
16 gigs corsair xms 3
2 x 256 crucial M4 Raid 0
4 x 1tb WD black storage
PC power and Cooling silencer 910
EVGA 2 x 580gtx Sli

Third system (driver would install from disk, software would not install at all)
Sandy Bridge 2700K
Asus P8Z68 deluxe
16 gigs corsair dominator
2 x 250 intel 510 raid 0
2tb wD storage
Silverstone stryder 1200
evga 690 gtx

4th system (install would get halfway done on disk, get error saying that it can't be installed and system crash and bsod right after each time I tired to install.
C2D Q6600
Gigabyte ud3
4 gigs gskill
2 x 150 raptors raid 0
1TB WD blue storage
PC power and cooling silencer 750
evga 570 gtx

thegovernment
05-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Is there a DL link to get the software off the disc anywhere? I just got in the mail a B-day gift from my brother in law..... Phoebus soundcard LOL how funny is that. Well, I can't really send this one back but I still can't install the software properly in my gaming rig. I'm not even going to try on the other machines, this is the one it will hopefully be used one. BTW this one snaps louder than the one I rma'd did. :(

A link to the driver and software would be very helpful Raja. That can be one more thing I can rule out as a problem.

txfeinbergs
05-24-2012, 04:41 AM
I lucked out then, TheGovernment. My system is very close to your second system! :D
That might explain why I haven't had any problems with this card.

Raja@ASUS
05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Is there a DL link to get the software off the disc anywhere? I just got in the mail a B-day gift from my brother in law..... Phoebus soundcard LOL how funny is that. Well, I can't really send this one back but I still can't install the software properly in my gaming rig. I'm not even going to try on the other machines, this is the one it will hopefully be used one. BTW this one snaps louder than the one I rma'd did. :(

A link to the driver and software would be very helpful Raja. That can be one more thing I can rule out as a problem.

Use this for now, I rar'd the entire disk for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/suiqyp7irgc6m2s/Phoebus.rar

HQ will get it up asap.

adamjamka
05-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I will be putting my new Phogbus card in this morning and i will use your zip file Raja.
Reading this post is making me antsy about this card . But we will see.
I have been using the Xonar Xanse card. I hope this is not a mistake.
Lets find out. I will post back what happens.

adamjamka
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
The installation went just fine. The drivers installed right from the disk just fine also. I did not use the zip file.
I mostly am a iracing sim racer. I did about 30 min of practice with no issues at all. I played some music and some YouTube
videos and I went on netflix. All seems to be working well. I have not tryed bf3 or anything ike that. but I will be trying
Dirt Three later today. So far this thing is working great. I also picked up a sennheiser pc 360 headset to go with the card.
the combination of the to is truly amazing. best sound I have ever had. ;) I also have not used teamspeak. I will find that out this afternoon also. I will let you know what people think of my voice. So far so good. I hope it all works out.

Raja@ASUS
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
HQ have asked me to post up this bug report list for you guys to fill out. Please do so and I will pass back.

Audio Card Model Name
XONAR D2

Audio Card S/N
BBYACM002029-002038

Motherboard / System
P9X79 Deluxe

Motherboard BIOS version

O.S. Information (XP/Vista/7, SP version)
Win7-64 SP1

VGA BIOS version

VGA Driver version

Previous audio card model
XONAR DG

Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled)
version 1.0

CPU overlocking (Yes/No)
No

GPU overlocking (Yes/No)
No

OS audio setting (Sample Rates)
Sample Rate 44.1, Speaker 5.1

Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name)
SPDIF to Pioneer amp + 5.2 home theatre speakers

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name)
Logitech microphone

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie)
MIB 2 ; At 00:15:20 sound comes from rear end speaker
BF3; After 10 mins, it crashes

In-Game audio setting
N/A

Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter)
Chaper 3

Other Apps opened
Microsoft Word

Online Games Related

Kicked out of server? (Yes/No)
Yes

OS crashed and can only reboot to restart? (Yes/No)
No

Number of occurrence
only once

Frequency of occurrence
only once

Location of User
US

Location/name of Gamer server
US

Number of online users when error occurred

Ping number

What is the Gamer Manager Error Message
Error 3733

Single or multiple players
Multiple player

Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc)
As attached

Detailed Failure and Conditions
Ran FurMark for 1 min and got black screen

Failing Test and Error Message
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered afterwards

tboo72
05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
This may be a stupid question but how do I mute the headphones using the control pod?

Sim
05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Hey Raja

Here you go, anything else you need just ask....i will try single player game as well see if that casues any issues.

Audio Card Model Name Phoebus

Audio Card S/N

Motherboard / System ASUS Rampage Extreme 4

BIOS version 1305

O.S. Information (XP/Vista/7, SP version) Win7-64 SP1

VGA BIOS version 80.04.1E.00.17

VGA Driver version 301.42 WHQL

Previous audio card model N/A New Build

Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) N/A

CPU overlocking (Yes/No) Yes

GPU overlocking (Yes/No) No

OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, Headphones

Output Device Connected Senheiser PC 360

SPDIF to Pioneer amp + 5.2 home theatre speakers N/A

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Senheiser PC 360

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) MIB 2 ; At 00:15:20 sound works fine untill crash happends

In-Game audio setting N/A Headphones

Other Apps opened Core Temp

Online Games Related Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) Yes

OS crashed and can only reboot to restart? (Yes/No) No

Number of occurrence only once Between 15-20 min in game every time

Location of User UK

Location/name of Gamer server US Number of online users when error occurred 32

Ping number 15

What is the Gamer Manager Error Message Game Doisconnected

Single or multiple players Multiple player

Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) As N/A

Detailed Failure and Conditions playing BF3 Online in a 32 server sound works fine, then at any moment could be 10, 15, 20 min into the game, game completey lags out, frame rate drops to 1-2 fps, sound, sounds like its coming from a darlic (yes exterminate dr who) then completely freezes and i get kicked out of game.

Failing Test and Error Message Game stops responding and goes into OS, event log is clear, i then go back inot game, and cycle repeats.

thegovernment
05-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Well there had to have been something wrong with my disk. Software installed fine on my gaming rig. Even when I took the files off my own disk, it still didn't work but Raja's worked great! Very strange, maybe just a bad rip on the disk. I'm still have the same problems as before but at least the software installed fine. Also, when I had my side open on my case, the actual card makes the snapping noise, it's then heard through the speakers but it's the actual card making the noise and it's also sending it through the speakers. It also send the snapping into my headphones lol kinda spooky!

thegovernment
05-24-2012, 10:41 PM

Audio Card S/N - 71120 223111 4

BIOS version 1305

Previous audio card model Auzentech Forte 7.1

Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) V1.3

OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, speakers and Headphones

Output Device Connected : Edifier S500
SPDIF N/A

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) , Senn 650's, Ultrasone Signature PRO, Audez’e LCD-3, Razer tiatmat 7.1 (yes I use them all, each has a different type of music I listen to and games also)

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) Games

In-Game audio setting. 7.1 with dolby 4

Other Apps opened N/A

Number of occurrence only once Between 10-15 min in game every time

Location of User Canada

Location/name of Gamer server US Number of online users when error occurred: Chicago - beer and tits server, 32 man but it will happen in any sized server and any local.

Ping number 36

Single or multiple - players Multiple player

Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) As N/A

Detailed Failure and Conditions playing BF3 Online the game will become super laggy and sound will loop and crash to desktop. Auzentech forte of Titanium HD do not have the same problem. Cards swapped and driver installed no audio issues and no issues of any other kind.

Failing Test and Error Message Game stops responding and goes into OS, event log is clear, same sound looping crash will happen every time I go into a server no matter what options are on or off in the software package.

MileHighSe7en
05-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Audio Card Model Name ASUS XONAR Phoebus
Audio Card S/N C4YACM010658
Motherboard / System ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev3
Motherboard BIOS version 1305
O.S. Information Win7-64 SP1
VGA BIOS version 70.10.20.00.80 (EVGA GTX 580 SLI)
VGA Driver version 301.24
Previous audio card model XONAR DG
Previous audio card driver version n/a
CPU overlocking (Yes/No) Yes @ 4.5Ghz
GPU overlocking (Yes/No) Yes @ 797/1594/2025
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1 (tried all sample rates and bit rates)
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Zalman Clip mic
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3; After 10-15 mins, it freezes with audio loop. no response from PC. Cannot ctrl+alt+del. Have to hit reset button.
In-Game audio setting N/A
Reproducible scenario BF3 Multiplayer
Other Apps opened Origin, MSI Afterburner or Dxtory but ive also tried with nothing else on.
Online Games Related
Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) Yes
OS crashed and can only reboot to restart? (Yes/No) Yes
Number of occurrence Everytime with Phoebus, no issue with Phoebus disabled
Frequency of occurrence Every round. Have not finished a round of BF3 multiplayer with Phoebus
Location of User US
Location/name of Gamer server US
Number of online users when error occurred 64
Ping number 20-30
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message nothing in logs
Single or multiple players Multiple player Multi
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) As attached

Detailed Failure and Conditions n/a
Failing Test and Error Message n/a

Vilnir
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi,

same problem with my xonar card. Ctd or sometimes the phoebus drivers itself crashes.
At what time can we expect an update? or is it a hardwareproblem? It happens faster, when playing with increased volume.
It happens while using Dolby or XGEN 3.0.

At least: I was a little bit astonished - the surround sound in XGEN 3.0 was worse then the creative before... the dolby sounds good - but not really better...

If the problem will be fixed this week I will try it - but otherwise I will give the card back. It is not as much better then expected... but brings a lot of problems to the system which I had not before...

Here the facts:

Audio Card Model Name: Phoebus

Audio Card: S/N

Motherboard / System: ASUS Rampage IV Formula

BIOS version 1305

Grafic card: XFX amd HD 7870 black edition
VGA Driver version: latest WHQL

Previous audio card model: Soundbllaster Fatalty 1

Previous audio card driver version: (completely uninstalled) N/A

CPU overclocking (Yes/No): Yes

GPU overclocking (Yes/No): No

OS audio setting (Sample Rates): Sample Rate 96,1 Headphones

Output Device Connected: beyerdynamics mmx 300

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name): beyerdynamics mmx 300

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie): BF3

In-Game audio setting: Homecinema

Other Apps opened: AI-Suite, Bigfoot Network Manager

Online Games Related Kicked out of server? (Yes/No): Yes

OS crashed and can only reboot to restart? (Yes/No): Onlyonce - Crash to desktop is the rule

Number of occurrence: every time while playing Bf3 after 10-15 min in game

Location of User: Germany

Location/name of Gamer server: Germany - Number of online users when error occurred 64

Ping number: < 10

What is the Gamer Manager Error Message: Game Doisconnected

Single or multiple players: Multiple player

Raja@ASUS
05-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Audio Card S/N - 71120 223111 4

BIOS version 1305

Previous audio card model Auzentech Forte 7.1

Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) V1.3

OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, speakers and Headphones

Output Device Connected : Edifier S500
SPDIF N/A

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) , Senn 650's, Ultrasone Signature PRO, Audez’e LCD-3, Razer tiatmat 7.1 (yes I use them all, each has a different type of music I listen to and games also)

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) Games

In-Game audio setting. 7.1 with dolby 4

Other Apps opened N/A

Number of occurrence only once Between 10-15 min in game every time

Location of User Canada

Location/name of Gamer server US Number of online users when error occurred: Chicago - beer and tits server, 32 man but it will happen in any sized server and any local.

Ping number 36

Single or multiple - players Multiple player

Detailed Failure and Conditions playing BF3 Online the game will become super laggy and sound will loop and crash to desktop. Auzentech forte of Titanium HD do not have the same problem. Cards swapped and driver installed no audio issues and no issues of any other kind.

Failing Test and Error Message Game stops responding and goes into OS, event log is clear, same sound looping crash will happen every time I go into a server no matter what options are on or off in the software package.

What about the Diablo 3 issue you mentioned earlier? That seems to be specific to you as nobody else has reported that.

As for the software installation issues, I think this could be due to those installs being old and you having some conflicts. I say this because nobody else has reported installation issues to me.

-Raja

adamjamka
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
This may be a stupid question but how do I mute the headphones using the control pod?

push down on the button and and you will see a red light.

adamjamka
05-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Well there had to have been something wrong with my disk. Software installed fine on my gaming rig. Even when I took the files off my own disk, it still didn't work but Raja's worked great! Very strange, maybe just a bad rip on the disk. I'm still have the same problems as before but at least the software installed fine. Also, when I had my side open on my case, the actual card makes the snapping noise, it's then heard through the speakers but it's the actual card making the noise and it's also sending it through the speakers. It also send the snapping into my headphones lol kinda spooky!

I would RMA that card. sounds like something is wrong with it.
I am getting no popping sound at all from my card nor am I hearing any popping sound through my headset.
That just can not be good.

grndmstr137
05-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Audio Card Model Name PHOEBUS
Audio Card S/N C4YACM005343
Motherboard / System P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
Motherboard BIOS version 3304
VGA BIOS version 70.10.37.00.93
VGA Driver version 301.42
Previous audio card model None
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Headset Beyerdynamics MMX 300
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Headset Beyerdynamics MMX 300
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3 crashes after 10 to 15 minutes
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) N/A
Other Apps opened TeamSpeak 3
Online Games Related
Number of occurrence Every time
Frequency of occurrence
Location of User France
Location/name of Gamer server Europe
Ping number 40
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message Game disconnected
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) N/A
Detailed Failure and Conditions Game is freezing and I hear strange noise for 1 minute then I'm disconnected from game.
Failing Test and Error Message Game disconnected

Also a strange thing, for 2 days, I've only tried BF3 but yesterday I tried to play some Steam games and none were launching.
So I've installed the new drivers (Version 7.0.1.19) and Steam games are lauching well. I don't think new drivers are responsible but maybe previous drivers were not properly installed. Sadly problems with BF3 are still there.

tboo72
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
push down on the button and and you will see a red light.

Thats what I thought at first but that doesnt work. The red light comes on but it wont mute my headphones.

grndmstr137
05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
It mutes the microphone, I don't think you can mute headphone.

dedaciai
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Audio Card S/N C4YACM010663
Motherboard / System Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Motherboard BIOS version 1305
VGA BIOS version 70.10.49.00.73
Previous audio card model Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
CPU overlocking (Yes/No) No
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, Speaker 2.1
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) 3.5mm jack to Razer Cacharias
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Razer Cacharias built in mic
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3; After 10 mins, it crashes

In-Game audio setting headphone mode in BF3
Other Apps opened Google Chrome
Online Games Related BF3
Number of occurrence everytime I play in any BF3 multiplayer server
Frequency of occurrence everytime
Location of User US
Number of online users when error occurred 32
Ping number 40
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message "You have been kicker from the server"
Single or multiple players Multiple player. The game never crashes in single player mode.
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) N/A
Detailed Failure and Conditions BF3 in online multiplayer will stutter, fps will drop to 1-2 and audio goes crazy, and the game will crash. On occasion the game will not crash, but I hang for 15-30 and my game might recover in order for me to finish the match.
Failing Test and Error Message N/A

Raja - could you also place a sticky for this form for people to fill out? It may be hard for people to find it if they are not looking in this thread.

Thanks again for your help.
​​​​

thegovernment
05-25-2012, 06:12 PM
What about the Diablo 3 issue you mentioned earlier? That seems to be specific to you as nobody else has reported that.

As for the software installation issues, I think this could be due to those installs being old and you having some conflicts. I say this because nobody else has reported installation issues to me.

-Raja

Diablo 3 will go into a sound loop and freeze up when the volume gets hig on the card. I forgot to put it in. As for the software not installing, its very possible that old installs were causing problems, the thing is, 2-4 were fresh installs with no soundcard software. And yes everything was setup up properly in bios etc. It would just get half way through and bsod. It's very possible that it's only on my end.
As for the other gam sound issues, if you just look at overclockers.net, to9ms hardware etc, there are a bunch of threads with people having issues. I will try to upload a video of the sound card snapping this weekend. I know it's not my board as it does it on all my computers.

Raja@ASUS
05-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Diablo 3 will go into a sound loop and freeze up when the volume gets hig on the card. I forgot to put it in. As for the software not installing, its very possible that old installs were causing problems, the thing is, 2-4 were fresh installs with no soundcard software. And yes everything was setup up properly in bios etc. It would just get half way through and bsod. It's very possible that it's only on my end.
As for the other gam sound issues, if you just look at overclockers.net, to9ms hardware etc, there are a bunch of threads with people having issues. I will try to upload a video of the sound card snapping this weekend. I know it's not my board as it does it on all my computers.

BSOD during install could be due to system instability. Other than that, I can only think that there is something you have installed on your builds that creates conflicts.

If some of these systems are OC'd return them to stock, and see if Diablo still has that issue. If it does a video of that might be a good idea.

-Raja

thegovernment
05-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, doesn't much matter anymore, the phoebus made it's last snap and now is dead (guess the guys were right eh? lol). I turned on my system after getting home, did a few upodates and rebooted, it snapped on bios boot and the light on the side went out. I tried it on 2 of my other pc's and it's a paper weight. I'm sending it back to my brother in law and he's going to get a refund. Not sure where he got it from in L.A. I've since stuck my Titanium HD in and figure I'll use it for a while and stick the forte into my sandy lan system.
Thanks for your help Raja but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. This soundcard hated the crap outta me lol. I did take a video of the snapping on my first boot and will upload it tomorrow.

ostry
05-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Hi There

Punkbuster....

Updated MB Bios
Changed PCI-E slots
Updated Punkbuster.

Any ideas Raja?

same problem will post specs shortly

Raja@ASUS
05-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Well, doesn't much matter anymore, the phoebus made it's last snap and now is dead (guess the guys were right eh? lol). I turned on my system after getting home, did a few upodates and rebooted, it snapped on bios boot and the light on the side went out. I tried it on 2 of my other pc's and it's a paper weight. I'm sending it back to my brother in law and he's going to get a refund. Not sure where he got it from in L.A. I've since stuck my Titanium HD in and figure I'll use it for a while and stick the forte into my sandy lan system.
Thanks for your help Raja but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. This soundcard hated the crap outta me lol. I did take a video of the snapping on my first boot and will upload it tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that.

Send me the serial number also please, want to get the card back here and see what went wrong.

-Raja

adamjamka
05-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Thats what I thought at first but that doesnt work. The red light comes on but it wont mute my headphones.

It will only mute the mic.

dedaciai
05-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Not sure if this helps anybody, but I noticed after several hours of playing BF3 (with video and audio stutters every 15-20 min :-( ), if I don't have Dolby running the stutters/potentials kicks happen with less duration (about 10 seconds vs 30 seconds or more). Since I quit having Dolby running I have not been kicked, I just stutter till someone kills me and then all is well and I can keep playing.

I know it is not a solution, but it might make playing online multiplayers more bearable.

ostry
05-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Not sure if this helps anybody, but I noticed after several hours of playing BF3 (with video and audio stutters every 15-20 min :-( ), if I don't have Dolby running the stutters/potentials kicks happen with less duration (about 10 seconds vs 30 seconds or more). Since I quit having Dolby running I have not been kicked, I just stutter till someone kills me and then all is well and I can keep playing.

I know it is not a solution, but it might make playing online multiplayers more bearable.

I have noticed that as well.
Any update from Asus on this?

Sim
05-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Played BF3 for 30 min in a non punk buster server, during that time sounds did not falter, game did not crash.
I left server as it was full of hackers, some cretin had a D/K ratio of 156-7 anyhow does look like it is a problem in a punk buster enabled game.
I will try some more gameing on non PB servers and see if it crashes.
Those of you that have same issue with BF3 could you please try in non PB servers and see how you get on.
Thanks for your help hopefully we can get a fix for this.

dedaciai
05-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Played BF3 for 30 min in a non punk buster server, during that time sounds did not falter, game did not crash.
I left server as it was full of hackers, some cretin had a D/K ratio of 156-7 anyhow does look like it is a problem in a punk buster enabled game.
Those of you that have same issue with BF3 could you please try in non PB servers and see how you get on.

I may have a chance later today to check in non-PB servers...man I hate going into those things...hackers everywhere. Gives me the heebee jeebees just thinking about it.

angerfist110
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi, Coming today to acquire the Phoebus, I encounter this problem crash in BF3.

so, what new? has about an update?

Ps: sad if understanding is poorly done. I slightly used google trad.. . French people are not very well known for being bilingual ^ ^

Softcorebro
05-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm experiencing a problem that occurs consistently every 20-30 minutes in Red Orchestra 2. The game will suddenly lock up for a few seconds, while the sound loops and the game will either crash or kick me back into the main menu saying "connection to the server has been lost." Ive tested the game using my on-board audio and didn't encounter this problem.

This problem might also be related to punkbuster because both RO2 and BF3 use punkbuster.

angerfist110
05-26-2012, 06:56 PM
yeap. waiting for an update that solves this

SMiThaYe
05-26-2012, 08:16 PM
None of the suggestions here have helped. A fresh AMD driver install did nothing, Phoebus moved from the top PCI-E x1 slot to the second PCI-E x16 slot and same issue. Using dedicated PCI-E 6-pin power connector directly to my PSU. Lots of space between slots (EVGA GT440 is used for 2nd display only), and CPU is watercooled by a well-respected online store.

I will try some other games now for an hour each to see if it's only BF3. My previous Fatality worked great, never known an issue like this before. I've lost about 170,000 bonus points on BF3 today through disconnections. Would love a solution soon please!

Audio Card Model Name
XONAR PHOEBUS

Audio Card S/N
C4YACM004928

Motherboard / System
P8P67 DELUXE

Motherboard BIOS version
2302 (not the latest but the one before that)

O.S. Information (XP/Vista/7, SP version)
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM X64 SP1

VGA BIOS version
012.020.000.028.037492 (113-HD5970-104)

VGA Driver version

Previous audio card model
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER FATAL1TY PCI WITH FRONT PANEL

CPU overlocking (Yes/No)
YES

GPU overlocking (Yes/No)
YES

OS audio setting (Sample Rates)
SAMPLE RATE 48KHz/24-BIT, HEADPHONES HIGH GAIN / SAMPLE RATE=192KHz/24-BIT, SPEAKER 5.1

Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name)
ANALOG TO CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS MEGAWORKS 5.1 550 SPEAKER

Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name)
SENNHEISER PC350 MICROPHONE

Content Used (Game/Music/Movie)
BF3; AFTER 30MIN GAME CRASHES TO DESKTOP

In-Game audio setting
HI-FI (USING HEADSET)

OCCURS WHATEVER THE MULTI-PLAYER MAP (PB-ENABLED)

Other Apps opened
FIREFOX, ORIGIN, RAPTR

Online Games Related
BATTLEFIELD 3

Kicked out of server? (Yes/No)
YES

OS crashed and can only reboot to restart? (Yes/No)
NO

Number of occurrence
EVERYTIME

Frequency of occurrence
EVERY 30 MINS

Location of User
UK

Location/name of Gamer server
UK/EU

Number of online users when error occurred

Ping number

What is the Gamer Manager Error Message
ERROR.. GAME DISCONNECTED
ALSO: "Game disconnected: something went wrong."

Single or multiple players
MULTIPLAYER

Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc)
N/A

Detailed Failure and Conditions
MAIN ISSUE IS BATTLEFIELD 3 FROM THE GAMES PLAYED ON THIS PHOEBUS SOUNDCARD. BF3 CRASHES ON THE DOT EVERY 30 MINUTES. SCREEN WILL FREEZE WITH A DISTORTED/DIGITAL LOOPING SOUND FOR APPROX. 15 SECONDS. THE SOUND CHANGES PITCH UNTIL IT CRASHES THE GAME. HAPPENS WITH DEFAULT AUDIO SETTINGS TOO. USING LATEST v7.0.1.19 PHOEBUS DRIVERS.

Failing Test and Error Message
N/A

Additionally: I looked at some of the audio info with AIDA64 (2.20.1800) and took screenshots for you.

OpenAL - screengrab (http://i.imgur.com/ZCstq.png) (why does it say generic?)
Compare with my previously installed Fatal1ty soundcard - screengrab (http://imgur.com/Syrh6)

HD Audio - screengrab (http://imgur.com/ZCstq,z5O6F,2wmDh#1)

Windows Audio - screengrab (http://imgur.com/ZCstq,z5O6F,2wmDh#2)

angerfist110
05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
So no news for update?

dedaciai
05-26-2012, 09:51 PM
So no news for update?

No news yet. Fill this out below if you are having problems.

HQ have asked me to post up this bug report list for you guys to fill out. Please do so and I will pass back.

Audio Card Model Name XONAR D2
Audio Card S/N BBYACM002029-002038
Motherboard / System P9X79 Deluxe
Motherboard BIOS version 906
VGA BIOS version 80.04.09.00.01
VGA Driver version 300.83
Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) version 1.0
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, Speaker 5.1
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) SPDIF to Pioneer amp + 5.2 home theatre speakers
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Logitech microphone
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) MIB 2 ; At 00:15:20 sound comes from rear end speaker
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) Chaper 3
Other Apps opened Microsoft Word
Online Games Related
Number of occurrence only once
Frequency of occurrence only once
Location of User US
Ping number 30
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message Error 3733
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) As attached
Detailed Failure and Conditions Ran FurMark for 1 min and got black screen
Failing Test and Error Message Display driver stopped responding and has recovered afterwards

angerfist110
05-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Why this form? (certe to understand the dysfunction)
The problem is on all configurations and only in games that use PunkBuster.

Punkbuster, here is the problem.

And I do not think completely translate all writing pad (even Google)

Sekin
05-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Hello ,

I have the same problem with my phoebus card and BF3

My pc :

CM : Asus p9x79 deluxe
cpu : Intel 3820 lga2011
16gb ram ddr3 1600 corsair vengeance
primary : ssd vertex 3 256gb
second : raid 0 of 2 velociraptor 600gb
third : 2tb hdd seagate xt
gpu : gainward 580gtx phantom 3gb
alim : thermaltake 800w
windows 7 pro 64bit

and the XONAR PHOEBUS !

I can play with diablo 3 a lot of hours without a problem but with BF3 ... after 20min I have a big slowdown of my computer with sound and image corruption , and stutturing ... the game is about 2fps :/
I can minimize the windows and the mouse is very slow...
after 10 sec the computer is working fine and I can maximize the windows of BF3 and I can continue to play for 20 min.

I checked the temperature of my cpu , mainboard and graphic card and all are fine.
there is no overclocking (only the intel turbo boost).

My audio specs : I am using the headset connector and / or the speaker out for my second headset who is connected to an AMP.

GX disabled , DOLBY ON (with gaming mod). 192khz / 44.1khz

I hope it's only a driver problem.

SMiThaYe
05-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Since the last BF3 crash (lost count now), I tried the 4-pin molex to PCIe adapter (plugged into both molex's) and same issue again. Was hoping it was because of power delivery but it isn't. Tried my 4 other PCI-E cables without solving the issue. The card isn't hot either, barely warm.

Is this issue is software related? If not, I've already submitted a ticket to EvenBalance outlining the issue and highlighting the posts here. Maybe Asus can assist them too?

thegovernment
05-27-2012, 07:18 AM

It's not punkbusters deal to fix, it's already an established program. The sound card needs to work with it, not the other way around. They are not going to tweak anything for the few people with a certain soundcard. It's up to Asus to fix this.

BTW Raja my serial was C4YACM010505.

Raja@ASUS
05-27-2012, 08:32 AM

If you want help fill out the form, this helps HQ establish all hardware combos, and this may be pivotal to the fix.

Raja@ASUS
05-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Hello ,

I have the same problem with my phoebus card and BF3

My pc :

CM : Asus p9x79 deluxe
cpu : Intel 3820 lga2011
16gb ram ddr3 1600 corsair vengeance
primary : ssd vertex 3 256gb
second : raid 0 of 2 velociraptor 600gb
third : 2tb hdd seagate xt
gpu : gainward 580gtx phantom 3gb
alim : thermaltake 800w
windows 7 pro 64bit

and the XONAR PHOEBUS !

I can play with diablo 3 a lot of hours without a problem but with BF3 ... after 20min I have a big slowdown of my computer with sound and image corruption , and stutturing ... the game is about 2fps :/
I can minimize the windows and the mouse is very slow...
after 10 sec the computer is working fine and I can maximize the windows of BF3 and I can continue to play for 20 min.

I checked the temperature of my cpu , mainboard and graphic card and all are fine.
there is no overclocking (only the intel turbo boost).

My audio specs : I am using the headset connector and / or the speaker out for my second headset who is connected to an AMP.

GX disabled , DOLBY ON (with gaming mod). 192khz / 44.1khz

I hope it's only a driver problem.

Fill out this form please:

Audio Card Model Name XONAR D2
Audio Card S/N BBYACM002029-002038
Motherboard BIOS version 906
VGA Driver version 300.83
Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) version 1.0
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) SPDIF to Pioneer amp + 5.2 home theatre speakers
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Logitech microphone
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) MIB 2 ; At 00:15:20 sound comes from rear end speaker
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) Chaper 3
Other Apps opened Microsoft Word
Online Games Related
Location of User US
Ping number 30
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message Error 3733
Failing Test and Error Message Display driver stopped responding and has recovered afterwards

Sekin
05-27-2012, 08:48 AM
I hope it's correct :)

Audio Card Model Name Asus Xonar Phoebus
Audio Card S/N C4YACM004849
CPU : Intel I7 3820
Motherboard BIOS version 1103
VGA BIOS version 70.10.17.00.01
VGA Driver version 310-42
Previous audio card model Realtek audio HD (integrated with motherboard)
Previous audio card driver version (completely uninstalled) (the last from asus)
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 44.1, STEREO
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Analogic tube AMP (little dot mkiv se) with senheiser HD650 headphones
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) steelseries neckband headset
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) ; MUSIC AND GAMES ( BF3)
BF3; After 20 mins, it crashes (stuttering and slowdown computer) 20sec after it works again
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) ? yes
Other Apps opened Microsoft Word ??
Online Games Related
Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) NO
Location of User EU / BELGIUM
Location/name of Gamer server EU / german serv
Ping number 30
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message Error // NO ERROR
Single or multiple players Multiple player /// MULTI

angerfist110
05-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Le problème, c'est que c'est difficilement traduisible....
MAis bon : i can trying

Audio Card Model Name : Asus Xonar Phoebus
Audio Card S/N C4YACM005306
Motherboard / System Asus P7P55D-E
Motherboard BIOS version 1404
O.S. Information[/[U] (XP/Vista/7, SP version) Win7-64 SP1
[U]VGA BIOS version 70.10.49.00.73
VGA Driver version The Nvidia 301.42 driver bug in Battlefield 3 so that I came back at 296. And since the game runs better (but still problem of freeze)
Previous audio card model X-Fi Titanium HD
GPU overlocking (Yes/No) factory
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 48K, Headphones
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) 3.5mm jack to SteelSeries 7H Fnatic
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) SteelSeries 7H Fnatic built in mic
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3; less than 10 minutes, freezes, crashes

In-Game audio setting headphone mode in BF3
Other Apps opened Google Chrome/Origin
Online Games Related BF3
Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) I don't know. The computer stops responding completely over. I try everything to get back into Windows, but the only solution is the Reset
Number of occurrence everytime I play in any BF3 multiplayer server
Frequency of occurrence everytime
Location of User France
Location/name of Gamer server French/German/British
Number of online users when error occurred 24
Ping number from 36 to 70
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message "no opportunity to see"
Single or multiple players Multiple player.
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) no opportunity
Detailed Failure and Conditions During a game in BF3, at the beginning everything is fine, then within 10 min after the start, the game starts Lagger, and then suddenly the sound looping, or rather produces a strange sound, the game freezes, the computer also.
I'm trying to do all my possessions for technical back in the office windows, the only one that works is the reset button ...
Failing Test and Error Message [COLOR=#b22222] N/A

Merci encore de nous aider :p. or in english: thank you to you to help us

dedaciai
05-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Since the last BF3 crash (lost count now), I tried the 4-pin molex to PCIe adapter (plugged into both molex's) and same issue again. Was hoping it was because of power delivery but it isn't. Tried my 4 other PCI-E cables without solving the issue. The card isn't hot either, barely warm.

Is this issue is software related? If not, I've already submitted a ticket to EvenBalance outlining the issue and highlighting the posts here. Maybe Asus can assist them too?

Nice idea, SMiThaYe, could you post a link to submit a ticket to Evenbalance? I'll be glad to send one too if it helps get the ball rolling on both ends of this ordeal.

SMiThaYe
05-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Nice idea, SMiThaYe, could you post a link to submit a ticket to Evenbalance? I'll be glad to send one too if it helps get the ball rolling on both ends of this ordeal.

Sure dedaciai, the more that do that the better.
Link for submitting ticket to EvenBalance - http://box22.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php

Sekin
05-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Are you sure that comes from punkbuster?
the best is to try it with an other game that BF3 who is using punkbuster to confirm the issue.

I am using the 2 molex adapter on a dedicated power source there is only the sound card.

angerfist110
05-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Strangely, when we go on a non punkbuster server or whether you're playing solo on Bf3 or Skyrim, the game works flawlessly

dedaciai
05-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Are you sure that comes from punkbuster?
the best is to try it with an other game that BF3 who is using punkbuster to confirm the issue.

I am using the 2 molex adapter on a dedicated power source there is only the sound card.

If you look on page 7 or 8 in this thread a guy playing Red Orchestra 2 is having problems too when he is playing on PB servers in that game.

dedaciai
05-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Sure dedaciai, the more that do that the better.
Link for submitting ticket to EvenBalance - http://box22.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php

Thanks for the link. I just sent a ticket. I would suggest the others having problems do the same.

dedaciai
05-27-2012, 09:36 PM

I played on two different non-PB servers and I still got the intense video/audio stutter that I get in PB servers. I have tried reinstalling BF3 and PB and got no difference in the amount of stutter. I really hope they get this fixed as I don't want to have to return/RMA it.

It is weird because I can play singleplayer mode all day long and not get a single problem. I have played videos and audio all day long with no problems. The only time I get problems is when I play any online multiplayer game.

Also, when I disable the sound (with the Phoebus.exe still running) I still get the video/audio stutter just a lot less. However, when I disable sound and end Phoebus.exe in task manager I can play multiplayer online games smooth as butter all day long so my only conclusion is that the Phoebus driver is to blame (kind of a duh at this point).

ostry
05-28-2012, 12:20 AM
It seems the crushing became less frequent after i installed new Catalyst Control Center 12.4

SMiThaYe
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
It seems the crushing became less frequent after i installed new Catalyst Control Center 12.4

I already had 12.4 officials installed with latest CAPs. My graphics card audio is disabled in Device Manager too.

Also, I had a reply back from EvenBalance to submit kick message and GUID. Will post an update. So far the final-line of the log entry just says "Not Connected to a Server" when kicked with the looping audio.

How to find GUID (found via google):
Navigate to your pb folder
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BC2\pb
Create/edit a file called pbcl.cfg in the pb folder

Add the following line to pbcl.cfg:
pb_logtofile 1

Save the file and join a PB enabled server. In the pb folder you should see pbcl.log

Open that file and find the line that says "PB Server assigned guid =" it will be a combination of numbers and letters, do not copy the whole thing, only copy the last 8 characters. That is your pb GUID.

Vilnir
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi, are there any news from HQ? When can we expect a patch for the problem?

I need to make a decision soon: Keep the Xonar or give it back - ... and wait for further 6 months and hope it is stable then?

Cheers, Vilnir

Sekin
05-29-2012, 07:38 PM
hi ,

this is my answer from evenbalance !

Note #3: Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista (and above) users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.

but it doesn't change the problem... after 20 min on BF3 and the laag appears ... and shutdown BF3 :/
I don't know if I need to send it on RMA or no.... of get my moneyback....

It's a good card but with a bug like this ... I don't need this card...
I will wait a little for a patch ... I HOPE lol

dedaciai
05-29-2012, 08:13 PM
hi ,

Note #3: Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista (and above) users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.

but it doesn't change the problem... after 20 min on BF3 and the laag appears ... and shutdown BF3 :/

For me it makes no difference if I am on a PB server or not - I still get the really bad video/audio stutter. However, music, movies and single player games I have no problems - only multiplayer online games. We are not the only ones either with the problems as there are several threads from just a plain google search of "Asus Xonar Phoebus Review" with others having the exact same problems. I have posted just a few of the links below:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1258886/asus-xonar-phoebus-is-it-good/20 (BF3 crashing after some time)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1258886/asus-xonar-phoebus-is-it-good/10 (other multiplayer games having problems)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038761660 (more game problems - music and video is great)

I am sure this is just tip of the iceberg and I don't want to sound like I am flaming Asus ROG products (The few I have had have been great!), but it would be nice to know that they are working on this driver problem. Heck, I don't even mind waiting a little as long as I know that they are fixing it. An ETA on the fix would be icing on the cake, but I would even take a "We are working on it and it will be fixed when we are satisfied with our end result" kind of answer.

C'mon Asus RoG/Xonar guys - I know you all can step to this plate and knock this problem out of the park and put the Phoebus where it belongs...on top of the gaming sound card heap!

*Edit: And to make matters worse I am now consistently getting kicked from servers...

Vilnir
05-29-2012, 09:23 PM
hi ,

Hi all, I had the same answer with the same result...
still crashes after a few minutes with this annoying and very loud buzzing sound...

Let's see what asus can find out...

Cheers, Vilnir

Amputate
05-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Just registered to say that I have a VERY similar problem.
The only difference with me is that my battlefield doesn't just framedrop and audioloop but instead freezes up entirely.

So basically I'm playing BF3, and after a while (mostly 15 mins or so, but it happened as soon as 1 minute before) the audio makes the same exact sound as it would during a BSOD.
It cuts off and starts zooming for a good 15 seconds or so.
Then the audio stops completely and my computer is completely unresponsive.
The only thing I can do then is press the reset button.
And during all that time I'm looking at a still BF3 frame.

Sux really because now my card is sitting in a box waiting to be used again :(

I'm running=
i7 2600k @4.8Ghz
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
GTX 680 SLI 1234/3456 122%
BF3 is installed on a separate 120gb Corsair SSD
Headset is a Tritton PC510

I'll fill out one of those report things tomorrow.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm having issues with this card as well.

Sekin
05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
I have seen that there is a new update of the phoebus driver (from the 24/5/12) on asus website.
I don't know if it solve the problem with BF3 ...
Just installed it this morning lol
anybody could try it ?

angerfist110
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
I would like a reply from Asus saying that we are trying to work on this.Driver Version on Dvd of Phoebus:

Audio driver version for WinXP/XP64: 5.12.1.46 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(XP-ER1.0)]
Audio driver version for Vista 32/64: 6.0.1.11 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(Vista-ER1.0)]
Audio driver version for Windows7 32/64: 7.0.1.11 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(Win7-ER1.0)]

On WebSite:

Version 7.0.1.19
Description Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7
1. Modify wording of UI HP impendance.

Taille du fichier
51,93 (MBytes) 2012.05.24 Mise à jour

Apparently no new version. Just ... the current version posted on the site ...I would like a reply from Asus saying that we are trying to work on this.

dedaciai
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I would like a reply from Asus saying that we are trying to work on this.Driver Version on Dvd of Phoebus:

Audio driver version for WinXP/XP64: 5.12.1.46 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(XP-ER1.0)]
Audio driver version for Vista 32/64: 6.0.1.11 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(Vista-ER1.0)]
Audio driver version for Windows7 32/64: 7.0.1.11 (Audio Center version: 1.0.1.9) [P8888-Pheobus-120320-(Win7-ER1.0)]

On WebSite:

Version 7.0.1.19
Description Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7
1. Modify wording of UI HP impendance.

Taille du fichier
51,93 (MBytes) 2012.05.24 Mise à jour

Apparently no new version. Just ... the current version posted on the site ...I would like a reply from Asus saying that we are trying to work on this.

It seems like driver 7.0.1.19 only fixes only the wording for the impedence thing...my problems are a lot worse then wording, lol.

angerfist110
05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
ouep...on est pas dans la merde. // We are in crap :p

Wait & See ====> ...... still some time ..... ^^
I really impatient that corrected

Sekin
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
this is a superb sound card !! special edition for only 300 ticket map on BF3 lol or less than 20min of gaming :p

I think I will reinstall my integrated Realtek sound card lol

I tryed with my new 5.1 headset and it's the same problem... now the stuttering sound is better in my 5.1 headset lol

It's funny a gamer card who is not working with the biggest game of the year lol

We Need to wait :(

Vilnir
05-30-2012, 11:35 AM
To be honest - I don't think it is so funny... the problem is now known for nearly two weeks and nothing had happened...

In Germany we only have the ability of RMA for 14 days... I received the card last week, so I need to decide to keep it or not during this week to hit the deadline of RMA....

For "the Gamer" soundcard of the year it is a shame to come out with such a bug.... and it seems to be not only a bf3 issue! But I would have expected, that the card was testet for the "game of the year"... in multiplayer!

angerfist110
05-30-2012, 12:08 PM
In France, we have recently (less than two weeks), and personally I have since last Saturday. And reimbursement against the return is to do in 7 days. .....

Here is what.

Sekin
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
I just sent a question to the asus support.
(if they are working on a fix , if I need to send it back for a refund ... )

You can try it too :)

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

angerfist110
(tu peux changer la langue en haut à droite en français et poser ta question en français ;) )

grndmstr137
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
hi ,

I've tried that and just played 2 match with 800 tickets each.
On the first match I had the freezes for 10 to 15 seconds 15 to 20 minutes after the beginning (just as usual) but I wasn't disconnected and I've been able to continue until the end of the match. No problem in the second match.
I don't know if i've been lucky. I'll try longer tonight.

angerfist110
05-30-2012, 02:13 PM
angerfist110
(tu peux changer la langue en haut à droite en français et poser ta question en français ;) )

En haut a droite........si je le trouve.. ^^

dedaciai
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
I've tried that and just played 2 match with 800 tickets each.
On the first match I had the freezes for 10 to 15 seconds 15 to 20 minutes after the beginning (just as usual) but I wasn't disconnected and I've been able to continue until the end of the match. No problem in the second match.
I don't know if i've been lucky. I'll try longer tonight.

Have you tried my short term solution? It works for me I get barely a stutter during 400 ticket 32-man TDM

You can find it here.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16273-***Possible-Short-Term-Work-Around-For-Xonar-Phoebus!!!***&country=&status=

@Sekin - I also submitted a ticket as it would be nice to hear something since Asus has been pretty mum on the issue as of late.

Amputate
05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Audio Card Model Name XONAR Phoebus
Audio Card S/N C4AYACM005368
Motherboard / System Asus Maximus Extreme-z
Motherboard BIOS version 3304
Previous audio card model Onboard Audio
GPU overlocking (Yes/No) Yes
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Tritton PC510
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Tritton PC510 Microphone
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3; After ~15 mins it causes the computer to freeze completely
In-Game audio setting Surround
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) Any multiplayer game
Other Apps opened Google Chrome, Origin, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Online Games Related Battlefield 3
Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) No
Number of occurrence atleast 20 times, then I took the card out.
Frequency of occurrence 100% of the time when playing battlefield.
Location of User EU - Belgium
Location/name of Gamer server pick any server :p
Number of online users when error occurred anywhere from 1 to 64
Ping number ~30
What is the Gamer Manager Error N/A
Detailed Failure and Conditions Computer freezes when playing BF3. This problem however does not occur with any other game. Even playing 33 hours of Diablo 3 non-stop was no problem.

Really hope this helps!

qmbroisec
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
hello

i m french and i v got the phoebus 2 weeks ago
and i have the same problem with phoebus and bf3
the game crash about 20 minutes
i can only play if I connect my logitech headset g35 in usb and by deactivating the software phoebus in the taskbar of windows
i have installed the last driver today and the problem is still here
thank you for your help

my config
intel i7 3770k
motherboard:asrock fatality professionnal
vga:sli of gtx 680 msi
dd:vertex 4

grndmstr137
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Have you tried my short term solution? It works for me I get barely a stutter during 400 ticket 32-man TDM

You can find it here.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16273-***Possible-Short-Term-Work-Around-For-Xonar-Phoebus!!!***&country=&status=

@Sekin - I also submitted a ticket as it would be nice to hear something since Asus has been pretty mum on the issue as of late.

I haven't tried your solution, i'll see tomorrow if it works for me.

I've played 1h30 and I've been disconnected one time, so problem is not solved but it's better.

thegovernment
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM
I bet it's all our computers:rolleyes: the reason they are not saying anything is because I'm sure they can't figure out whats causing the problem. If they knew what the deal was, they would have posted they did. You know they read this forum all the time. the risk of loosing a bunch of customers should sit well I'd think. A few answers is not to much to ask for a $200 soundcard.
Though I don't have one anymore, my brother in law sent me one as a gift after I had RMA's my first one. Second one died and now, wherever the heck he bought it from in L.A. won't give a refund, only a replacement. LOL so I guess I have ANOTHER card on the way. To be honest, I don't even want it but feel bad that m,y bro in law was so excited to get it for me, i just said "sweet!"

So it looks like I'm back in the game again! Should have the new card middle of next week LOL. this card is like the cat that kept coming back!

SMiThaYe
05-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Strange how my reply from EvenBalance differs to dedaciai's, they said exactly this to me today: "I'm sorry, but you will need to take this directly to EA."

I've posted a detailed ticket to EA - link for others to do the same - https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=battlefield-3

The only time the Phoebus didn't cause Battlefield 3 to crash is when I selected Disable on the soundcard in Device Manager - meant I had no audio however! Possible solution from dedaciai did not work for me. My system already had Windows Aero off and hardly anything else to try off the top of my head.

Still awaiting an update from either Asus/ROG (too quiet in this thread), then await reply from EA (hope they don't say can't help), otherwise I'll be wanting a refund from original store of purchase or Asus if this problem remains unfixable.

Honestly, I really like this soundcard (I did an unboxing video on my channel and I will review the software soon) but not being able to play one of the biggest multiplayers around because of soundcard/drivers is crazy. I paid £40 for the game as a keen BF fan, played the Alpha, then Beta, then bought the Limited Edition and average 2 hours a day play. That's how much I enjoy playing the game.

grndmstr137
05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
I forgot to say that it mutes Teamspeak 3 ("Mutes Speakers/Headphones") every 3 minutes or so. I have to unmute manually.

That makes me think that wrong informations are sent from the card/drivers and maybe Punkbuster sees them as hacking.

dedaciai
05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
hello

i m french and i v got the phoebus 2 weeks ago
and i have the same problem with phoebus and bf3
the game crash about 20 minutes
i can only play if I connect my logitech headset g35 in usb and by deactivating the software phoebus in the taskbar of windows
i have installed the last driver today and the problem is still here
thank you for your help

my config
intel i7 3770k
motherboard:asrock fatality professionnal
vga:sli of gtx 680 msi
dd:vertex 4

Hey qmbroisec, fill out the form above your original post and post it here. It might help prove to Asus there is problem with their drivers (as if they need more proof...but the more the merrier)

grndmstr137[/B] (http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?47105-grndmstr137) ;111344]
I forgot to say that it mutes Teamspeak 3 ("Mutes Speakers/Headphones") every 3 minutes or so. I have to unmute manually.

That makes me think that wrong informations are sent from the card/drivers and maybe Punkbuster sees them as hacking.[/QUOTE]

Yep, TS3 does play too well for me either as it does not register when I am talking....

Sekin
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
I found this support link !! a live chat with asus support , but it's closed for the moment.
we can try to contact them to get more informations :)

http://service.asus.com/InfoPage.aspx?rid=7

it's in english and french :)

angerfist110
05-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Ha c'est bon ça! Un support français :p

On verra bien où cela nous mènent...

Sekin
05-31-2012, 02:42 PM
haaa c'est ouvert :) je vais pouvoir leurs demander je posterai apres la réponse :)

the french support is open :)
I will try to get more informations and I will post the results here :)

Raja@ASUS
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
It's not punkbusters deal to fix, it's already an established program. The sound card needs to work with it, not the other way around. They are not going to tweak anything for the few people with a certain soundcard. It's up to Asus to fix this.

BTW Raja my serial was C4YACM010505.

This serial number is for the card that "died" right? Trying to get my hands on this to check it. :)

Sekin
05-31-2012, 03:31 PM
wtf , it's looks like that the asus chat is a bot lolll

I tell him the problem and the guy reply me that He could not play to BF3 lolllll
His superb idea is to replace the card .... good idea asus can replace all the cards because all are defect :cool:

At this time I think they are not working on a fix or something to solve this problem.

anybody talked to the asus chat ???

Sim
05-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Just unistalled ROG driver for soundcard, and let windows install generic HD driver for sound.
I have managed to play two whole rounds without any issues.
Not really the best way especially for £150 sound card....but it dowes seem to be a driver issue.
Can others do the same and see what you guys get.

London
05-31-2012, 05:40 PM
edit: I've solved my problem, it was videocard related.

angerfist110
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Bon le problème pour Battlefield 3 est "Général" !
Lien d'un sujet: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/forum/threadview/2832654489742348333/

__________ _______________ __________ ____________

Well the problem for Battlefield 3 is "General"!
Link to a topic: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/forum/threadview/2832654489742348333/

Sekin
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Just unistalled ROG driver for soundcard, and let windows install generic HD driver for sound.
I have managed to play two whole rounds without any issues.
Not really the best way especially for £150 sound card....but it dowes seem to be a driver issue.
Can others do the same and see what you guys get.

yeahhhhh nice trick to play without this bug :)

it workkkssss ... don't need to remove the card for waiting the good drivers :)

thxx for your help :)

the sound is better with the phoebus driver :p

Sekin
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Bon le problème pour Battlefield 3 est "Général" !
Lien d'un sujet: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/forum/threadview/2832654489742348333/

__________ _______________ __________ ____________

Well the problem for Battlefield 3 is "General"!
Link to a topic: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/forum/threadview/2832654489742348333/

c'est pas la meme chose lui il a carrément un freeze ! nous c'est pas la meme chose on a un dropfps à genre 2fps et le son saccade aussi...

fais la solution de sim ca fonctione en attendant la sortie de bons drivers :)

thegovernment
05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
This serial number is for the card that "died" right? Trying to get my hands on this to check it. :)

Yup. I'm pretty sure he got it from a local shop somewhere in Torrence California, he lives there and sent it to me in Canada. I will get the exact place when he's back from his trip.

Raja@ASUS
06-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Yup. I'm pretty sure he got it from a local shop somewhere in Torrence California, he lives there and sent it to me in Canada. I will get the exact place when he's back from his trip.

Thanks, this helps a lot. The shop has not sent the card in for RMA yet, but we can put a mark against it to trace it back and check it out.

-Raja

Vilnir
06-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi all,

Dice will release a complete new patch with several changes and fixes on next Monday to Tuesday. Amongst others it contains a fix for a soundcard crash bug. It is not explained in detail, which soundcard crashes are meant.

Has anyone an idea if this refers to our problem? If so, I would wait for the patch. Tuesday the 5th is the latest to RMA for me...

Cheers, Vilnir :confused:

angerfist110
06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
c'est pas la meme chose lui il a carrément un freeze ! nous c'est pas la meme chose on a un dropfps à genre 2fps et le son saccade aussi...

Ben personnellement, j'ai exactement cela. La seul option que j'ai pour que tout refonctionne c'est Reset. Donc wait the next pâtch....

Sekin
06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Ben personnellement, j'ai exactement cela. La seul option que j'ai pour que tout refonctionne c'est Reset. Donc wait the next pâtch....

tu peux tester la solution de sim , tu désinstalles ta carte son et tu installes le pilote par défaut de microsoft et ca fonctionne parfaitement (en attendant la sortie d'un driver stable).
j'ai pu jouer plusieurs heures à battlefield sans problèmes après ca :)

angerfist110
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Non mais je me suis pas embêter la tête :p , j'ai remit la Xfi Titanium en attendant un bon correctifs ^^

dedaciai
06-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey Raja,

Is there an ETA of when we might see the new drivers? I don't mind waiting as long as they work :)

Thanks in advance.

@Sim - yep, generic Windows drivers and I have no problems with card. Waiting for new drivers.

thegovernment
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

Dice will release a complete new patch with several changes and fixes on next Monday to Tuesday. Amongst others it contains a fix for a soundcard crash bug. It is not explained in detail, which soundcard crashes are meant.

Has anyone an idea if this refers to our problem? If so, I would wait for the patch. Tuesday the 5th is the latest to RMA for me...

Cheers, Vilnir :confused:

The soundcard issue is looping sound and crash to desktop, thats what dice is fixing. It's possible it may help us but I wouldn't count on it. It's just a general fix, nothing specific. If you look on battlelog, there are a few threads of the soundcard issues though they don't appear to be the same as what we all seem to have. though 1 of my friends who has this card has no problems at all. I'm sure it will all be sorted out.

angerfist110
06-02-2012, 07:29 AM
two days. pending . . .
we'll see. With luck that I (as usual ^ ^) it will not work for me

firekiller44
06-03-2012, 09:00 PM
So i just figured out something, I had the sound virtualiser on for speakers and headphone, i only use headphone, when I took it off for speaker and left it on for headphone the game (mw3) we get supper lagggy after about 10 min, I enabled it again for speaker and no problems.

you have to have it on for both even if you only use one.

thegovernment
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
So anyone playing max payne 3? I had my forte back in waiting for my replacement phoebus to arrive (got it this morning) was having a great time, then I installed my new phoebus and have no sound and the game constantly crashes. I know it's a buggy game but the only thing I changed was the soundcard. Could the drivers really be that bad?
has anyone else had these issues? I'm currently running win7 in raid 0 and a clean install on another SSd I have. It's impossible it's any program conflicts as the non raid drive only has video, audio and board chipset drivers installed and no other app or programs, not even an anti virus installed. Same results on both. I uninstalled the phoebus, put my forte back in and sound works fine and no crashes. WTF is going on with this thing??? Even a completely bare bones clean install doesn't fix anything.
urgh.....

Softcorebro
06-04-2012, 02:18 AM
So anyone playing max payne 3? I had my forte back in waiting for my replacement phoebus to arrive (got it this morning) was having a great time, then I installed my new phoebus and have no sound and the game constantly crashes. I know it's a buggy game but the only thing I changed was the soundcard. Could the drivers really be that bad?
has anyone else had these issues? I'm currently running win7 in raid 0 and a clean install on another SSd I have. It's impossible it's any program conflicts as the non raid drive only has video, audio and board chipset drivers installed and no other app or programs, not even an anti virus installed. Same results on both. I uninstalled the phoebus, put my forte back in and sound works fine and no crashes. WTF is going on with this thing??? Even a completely bare bones clean install doesn't fix anything.
urgh.....

I played through the entire game in one go without experiencing any problems actually. Uninstalling dolby theater has solved most of my problems or reduced crash frequency immensely.

Budz1179
06-04-2012, 03:58 AM
ive tried unistalling dolby program.. still no dice... like 20 mins into game, ehhhhhhhhh .... jams... hope a fix comes soon... :mad:

Vilnir
06-04-2012, 08:58 AM
ive tried unistalling dolby program.. still no dice... like 20 mins into game, ehhhhhhhhh .... jams... hope a fix comes soon... :mad:

... this thread started now three weeks ago...
I haven't heard a word from ASUS now, if they asume hardware or a driver problem?! No comment at all. A lot of gamers which trust in ASUS bought the phoebus... expecting a great experience...
What we see now is the same which I expect from Gigabyte, unfinished grappy products and no customer care...

Shame on you ASUS... would I say, but I assume there was a hidden hostile takeover meanwhile from Gigabyte and we are the first one's which mentioned that.... :eek:

Raja@ASUS
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
If you check the FAQ doc there has been official response from ASUS. Just no ETA yet.

dedaciai
06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
... this thread started now three weeks ago...
I haven't heard a word from ASUS now, if they asume hardware or a driver problem?! No comment at all. A lot of gamers which trust in ASUS bought the phoebus... expecting a great experience...
What we see now is the same which I expect from Gigabyte, unfinished grappy products and no customer care...

Shame on you ASUS... would I say, but I assume there was a hidden hostile takeover meanwhile from Gigabyte and we are the first one's which mentioned that.... :eek:

I posted a response in another thread from Asus ROG (facebook) where they said they were working on it. They just don't have an ETA yet (I hope it comes sooner than later - nursing a broken foot and I have time to game!) ...

Masterx
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Put it on Dolby Digital Live
Try different settings
Hm.................

Vilnir
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Thx for the informations, excuse my polemic... it is getting frustrating after a while. I'm still convinced it is a real good piece of hardware. (for the ten to twenty minutes it works ingame it sounds great in dolby...).

@Masterx: ... does it work with these settings?

thegovernment
06-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I played through the entire game in one go without experiencing any problems actually. Uninstalling dolby theater has solved most of my problems or reduced crash frequency immensely.

Beauty man! Even though dolby wasn't on, I uninstalled it on raid drives and MP3 works fine now! Didn't make a difference on my clean drive though but thats ok with me, as I only have it there for testing. Bf3 is still messed up but at least I can play something!
thx!

grndmstr137
06-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I've tried with Dice new patch and it's worst. I've played less than 5 minutes and the game crashes. My computer was blocked for 2 minutes, I was about to restart when it returned to op.

Sekin
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
some news about the new drivers of fix?
it's frustrating to have a sound card like this and we can"t use it properly with BF3....
we don't want to wait more !!! it's not serious a problem like this for an ROG appelation... it's 2 weeks now ...
I am using the windows hd audio driver and it's not comparable with the asus driver ....

I contacted the asus support ... they asked me to test all my pc components lol , to send back the audio card..

Sekin
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
it's frustrating to have a sound card like this and we can"t use it properly with BF3....
we don't want to wait more !!! it's not serious a problem like this for an ROG appelation... it's 2 weeks now ...
I am using the windows hd audio driver and it's not comparable with the asus driver ....

I contacted the asus support ... they asked me to test all my pc components lol , to send back the audio card..

dedaciai
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM

I totally agree with you Sekin, but considering we all have the card it would be best if we were patient (to an extent) and wait for a really good audio driver than to be impatient and get a so-so audio driver. :)

angerfist110
06-05-2012, 10:54 AM
they better buck up the ass (or Punkbuster Asus Rog) Sorry for the language, but such a level, still no corrections .... If in a month it's always like that, it's not a guy unhappy they will have on the back but much worse, and it will lose much of their money.

Anger

ostry
06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Played BF3 last night using xonar Phoebus drivers hoping the new patch have fixed the issue, no luck. Played for about 60 minutes until it crashed again. Same issue. Uninstalled the card drivers, no problems what so ever. Couldn't get use to mobo default sound. Its so null and weak.

DeXZoR
06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I have the same probelm licke most ppl her playing BF3 for 10 min or som times more and then it is geting stuck

dedaciai
06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I have the same probelm licke most ppl her playing BF3 for 10 min or som times more and then it is geting stuck

Use the MS HD Audio drivers. I think I tried all of the snake oil there is and was not able to keep BF3 from crashing. ...waiting...on...drivers....zzz....:)

Budz1179
06-05-2012, 08:47 PM
same here... waited for the bf3 update, but now im pissed, if ASus dosent fix this, the Pheobus is going to fly out my window.. ya for an ROG card yud figure they'd be on it by now.... Funny thing is i just got this card a week ago, i feel sorry for those that picked it up weeks ago...

firekiller44
06-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Played BF3 last night using xonar Phoebus drivers hoping the new patch have fixed the issue, no luck. Played for about 60 minutes until it crashed again. Same issue. Uninstalled the card drivers, no problems what so ever. Couldn't get use to mobo default sound. Its so null and weak.

did you try this?
c&p

So i just figured out something, I had the sound virtualiser on for speakers and headphone, i only use headphone, when I took it off for speaker and left it on for headphone the game (mw3) we get supper lagggy after about 10 min, I enabled it again for speaker and no problems.

Ruby Rabbit
06-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi There,
Battlefield 3 NEVER crashes for me it just slows to a crawl (1-5fps) for about 20-30 seconds and then goes back to normal (130fps), this happens intermittently and only seems to happen in multilayer games. Its a very annoying issue, I have been putting up with it because the sound on this card with Dolby and my Siennheiser HD650 headphones is just phenomenal!

Note: I am playing Battlefield 3 from a 24 gig ram drive I have set up. (Primo ram drive software)

Asus please look at your driver! I have also tried just using the windows sound driver, sound quality loss, but this issue goes away.

Budz1179
06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
i ended all processesd to do with pheoebus.... then ran phoebus x64 again.... managed to complete a game of tdm.... hope a fix comes soon...

Jetsk1
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I am having the same issues with Xonar Phoebus
Funny enough like most people here its does happen with BF3
While in game I get a feedback loop, game stutters then freezes and it either ends up crashing or sound quality suddenly drops.
I have also disabled GX, tried uninstalling and also installing driver from Asus UK website, using the drives from Asus website caused issues when trying to uninstall. I could only complete the uninstall process by going into safemode

systems is Asus Rampage iv Extreme
16GB corsair RAM
I7 3930k
dual GTX 590 in SLI

Any fixes or suggestions please

Vilnir
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
... @ASUS: A status of the investigation would be nice? Have you been able to reconstruct the described "main" issue on your systems? Do you think it is a driver issue? ....

However: If you want keep your customers faith I would start to inform them - active!
Again: At the moment the card is grap for a gaming card... at the moment: The hardware sites and magazines are not reporting about the issue... It is only a question of time... and then it will be the same Waterloo for ASUS like the new soundblasters are for CREATIVE....

Cheers, Vilnir

DeXZoR
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Use the MS HD Audio drivers. I think I tried all of the snake oil there is and was not able to keep BF3 from crashing. ...waiting...on...drivers....zzz....:)

hi ye i uninstal the driver and now it works finne accept the bad sound but ye the Xonar Phoebus Drivers team are working on the drivers so w8ting for it to cum out

Raja@ASUS
06-06-2012, 01:17 PM
... @ASUS: A status of the investigation would be nice? Have you been able to reconstruct the described "main" issue on your systems? Do you think it is a driver issue? ....

However: If you want keep your customers faith I would start to inform them - active!
Again: At the moment the card is grap for a gaming card... at the moment: The hardware sites and magazines are not reporting about the issue... It is only a question of time... and then it will be the same Waterloo for ASUS like the new soundblasters are for CREATIVE....

Cheers, Vilnir

It is likely drivers. I have no other info. There is nothing else that can be done by me at this point. HQ are taking it seriously so I don't think they will need a lesson on Watreloo or media sites to understand you guys need it working. :)

Personally, I don't know how long it will take to fix, if you guys are on a time schedule for return and cannot wait then I understand.

-Raja

dedaciai
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
It is likely drivers. I have no other info. There is nothing else that can be done by me at this point. HQ are taking it seriously so I don't think they will need a lesson on Watreloo or media sites to understand you guys need it working. :)

Personally, I don't know how long it will take to fix, if you guys are on a time schedule for return and cannot wait then I understand.

-Raja

Hi Raja,

Glad to hear that HQ is working on this. I know it's out of your hands now, but giving HQ a nudge every now on our behalf of us ROG'ers would be great. :) I have now had to resort using the MS HD audio drivers and it just sounds cold compared to what the Phoebus/Dolby stuff sounded like.

Jetsk1
06-06-2012, 11:23 PM
[Audio Card Model Name XONAR Phoebus
Audio Card S/N C4YACM005360
Motherboard / System Asus Rampage iv Extreme
Motherboard BIOS version Version 1305
VGA BIOS version 70.10.42.00.90 (P1020-15P0)
Previous audio card model N/A
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) SPDIF to Astro A40 Headsets
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) N/A
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) Feedback, loud noise, frezzing, then crashes system in BF3
- did trouble shoot by performing complete uninstall, cleaned drivers, used on board sound with board and did not have any problems
Other Apps opened none
Online Games Related Yes
Number of occurrence - happens on a regular basis - so almost every day
Frequency of occurrence - repetitive
Location of User UK
Location/name of Gamer server Europe
Number of online users when error occurred 24 - 64
Ping number 28
What is the Gamer Manager Error Message (didnt see system crashed)
Single or multiple players - Multiple player
Please provide relevant screenshots if possible (i.e. Punk buster/ Game error etc) I wish I could but since it keeps crashing i am unable to take screen shots
Detailed Failure and Conditions - as explained above, feedback noise, stuttering then freezes before system crash

Ah just read last post, so know its been worked on but boy what a pain!!!!!!

thegovernment
06-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I am having the same issues with Xonar Phoebus
Funny enough like most people here its does happen with BF3
While in game I get a feedback loop, game stutters then freezes and it either ends up crashing or sound quality suddenly drops.
I have also disabled GX, tried uninstalling and also installing driver from Asus UK website, using the drives from Asus website caused issues when trying to uninstall. I could only complete the uninstall process by going into safemode

systems is Asus Rampage iv Extreme
1GB corsair RAM
I7 3930k
dual GTX 590 in SLI

Any fixes or suggestions please

I had the same problem. the driver will not uninstall itself but for me, even safe mode didn't help. It would just freeze and say it's not responding no matter what I did. i ended up taking all the files out manually lol that sucked!

Raja@ASUS
06-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Hi Raja,

Glad to hear that HQ is working on this. I know it's out of your hands now, but giving HQ a nudge every now on our behalf of us ROG'ers would be great. :) I have now had to resort using the MS HD audio drivers and it just sounds cold compared to what the Phoebus/Dolby stuff sounded like.

They have been nudged to the point where they created a user account that you guys can now nudge yourselves :)

SMiThaYe
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Raja@ASUS
Got a reply back from Jerry at Asus Customer Service a couple days ago - sent him the information on the issues I experienced which is already described by many here - surprised me by his response: "This symptom is very strange. For ASUS standard process, can you complete the Feedback sheet and send to me? I will pass it to the relevant personnel for more check."

Awaiting an update as it was passed on to the relevant personnel. Good to know someone is looking into it.
And from the form I filled in, at the bottom I'd mentioned could record the audio-looping crash if they wanted it. I'm sure if we all did that (from what is posted here) it would look identical. Not sure what sites these day do allow free media hosting, plus filesize with MP4 video would be big.

dedaciai
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
They have been nudged to the point where they created a user account that you guys can now nudge yourselves :)

Touche`, Raja, touche` :)

Raja@ASUS
06-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Raja@ASUS
Got a reply back from Jerry at Asus Customer Service a couple days ago - sent him the information on the issues I experienced which is already described by many here - surprised me by his response: "This symptom is very strange. For ASUS standard process, can you complete the Feedback sheet and send to me? I will pass it to the relevant personnel for more check."

Awaiting an update as it was passed on to the relevant personnel. Good to know someone is looking into it.
And from the form I filled in, at the bottom I'd mentioned could record the audio-looping crash if they wanted it. I'm sure if we all did that (from what is posted here) it would look identical. Not sure what sites these day do allow free media hosting, plus filesize with MP4 video would be big.

The support guys are not always aware of the issues. He will forward it though I suppose.

jluerken
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Same BF3 Sound problems

Hi Guys,

just wanted to tell you that I have the same problem with the PHOEBUS card.
I've created a ticket and hope Asus can release a fix soon.

Here some details:

Audio Card Model Name XONAR Phoebus
Audio Card S/N registered at ASUS. See there!
Motherboard / System Asus P7P55D-E DELUXE
Motherboard BIOS version 1504
VGA BIOS version 80.04.09.00.B4
Previous audio card model Onboard Audio
GPU overlocking (Yes/No) Yes but from factory
GPU model Zotac GTX 680 AMP
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) Plantronics Headset with Microfone
Content Used (Game/Music/Movie) BF3; After ~15 mins it causes the computer to freeze completely
In-Game audio setting Surround/Warband
Reproducible scenario (Certain in-game chapter) Any multiplayer game
Other Apps opened Firefox
Online Games Related Battlefield 3
Kicked out of server? (Yes/No) No
Number of occurrence atleast 20 times, then I took the card out.
Frequency of occurrence 100% of the time when playing battlefield.
Location of User EU - Germany
Location/name of Gamer server pick any server
Number of online users when error occurred anywhere from 1 to 64
Ping number ~15
What is the Gamer Manager Error N/A
Detailed Failure and Conditions Computer freezes when playing BF3.
This problem however does not occur with any other game.

Kind regards
jluerken

@Raja: When can we expect a new driver? It's kinda bad that I bought a new expensive card and cannot use it with my favorite games, especially where the card is a ROG device ;-)

Sim
06-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Raja
Thnaks for your time and help, tiy seem to be the one getting the brunt of it all.
It is surprising that this issue is here with an ROG product. We pay a premium for it being ROG, dont expect it to have this kind of issue, as this should have been tested. BF3 has been out fo a while now and is a Majour release in terms of a game.
as from earlier post I have reverted back to Windows HD driver, which at times sucks in BF3 but least I dont crash out.
Question at hand....is ASUS experiencing the same issue that we all have here ?
I cannot send card back now, as it has passed 2 weeks after purchase, im hoping and waiting on a driver fix.

dedaciai
06-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey Raja
Thnaks for your time and help, tiy seem to be the one getting the brunt of it all.
It is surprising that this issue is here with an ROG product. We pay a premium for it being ROG, dont expect it to have this kind of issue, as this should have been tested. BF3 has been out fo a while now and is a Majour release in terms of a game.
as from earlier post I have reverted back to Windows HD driver, which at times sucks in BF3 but least I dont crash out.
Question at hand....is ASUS experiencing the same issue that we all have here ?
I cannot send card back now, as it has passed 2 weeks after purchase, im hoping and waiting on a driver fix.

Very true, Sim. I am sure Raja dreads checking this part of the forum during his morning cup of joe :p. In any case, it is out of his hands and the best thing we can do is respectfully show our displeasure with how mucked up the drivers are by letting HQ know that they have this problem on their hands with their top gaming sound card (an ROG line product to boot).

I am in the same boat as you as I cannot return my Phoebus either.

Crash Cilea
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Same here: with GX enabled, no sound, hissing sound, delayed sound and other glitch

Hope Asus fix these problems with GX !!

angerfist110
06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Aucun nouvelles des nouveaux pilotes pour fixer cela?
no news about the new drivers that allow it to settle?

Crash Cilea
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Audio Card Model Name ASUS XONAR PHOEBUS
Previous audio card model CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER TITANIUM HD
OS audio setting (Sample Rates) Sample Rate 192 Speaker HEADPHONE
Output Device Connected (Include brand/model name) CREATIVE SIGMA TACTIC 3D
Input Device Connected (Include brand/model name) CREATIVE SIGMA TACTIC 3D
Number of occurrence MORE
Frequency of occurrence FREQUENTLY
Location of User ITA
Detailed Failure and Conditions I LAUNCH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, MUMBLE AND A GAME, ANDI HEAR ONLY 2 OF THIS PROGRAMS. THIS CARD IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF SOURCE ?

Raja@ASUS
06-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Very true, Sim. I am sure Raja dreads checking this part of the forum during his morning cup of joe :p. In any case, it is out of his hands and the best thing we can do is respectfully show our displeasure with how mucked up the drivers are by letting HQ know that they have this problem on their hands with their top gaming sound card (an ROG line product to boot).

I am in the same boat as you as I cannot return my Phoebus either.

Haha no, I don't dread it at all. I just want it fixed like all of you do. I play BF3, too. :)

jluerken
06-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I brought up this issue to the attention of a german IT Magazine who tested the Phoebus in their last release.
I don't like it to wait days for a fix for a high end product.
I understand that not all bugs can be easily reproduced or fixed within a short time but ASUS communication in this case is very bad.
Raja I really like that you as ASUS tech are in here and try your best to help us but I am missing an official communication and a status overview about what's being tested and when we can expect a fix.
I expect this when buying a premium product from a named company.
Personally I spend hours in re-installing my system and trying several things to fix this thinking this problem comes from my system first. Now I see that a lot of people have this issue and I feel angry about getting a short stupid reply on my ticket after 3 days and checking this forum each day can also not be a solution.

ASUS should be more transparent here and communicate better, that's all.
This was the first time bying an ASUS card instead of one from Creative Labs and so far my experience is not the best.
I love your motherboards and graphic cards and I hope that the PHOEBUS will get a fix soon and then is a reliable and good working component too.

Regards
jluerken

DeXZoR
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Is it posebule to get a date when the drivers whel probli come out ?

izzyreb02
06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Im still havin thorts issues if i should get the Xonar Phebus Rog sound card or the ASUS Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set or something really good for gaming other than the recon3d sound card that i have.

If i do get the Xonar Phebus Rog i may not install it in my computer yet. Cause I dont want to encounter BSOD.

I have never encounter BSOD since i got my Rampage IV extreme system got built and its been reliable system so far and I love it ;D

I just like to use something that is playable online and singleplayer with no fuss.. or else im just stuck with creative sound cards...

Raja@ASUS
06-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I brought up this issue to the attention of a german IT Magazine who tested the Phoebus in their last release.
I don't like it to wait days for a fix for a high end product.
I understand that not all bugs can be easily reproduced or fixed within a short time but ASUS communication in this case is very bad.
Raja I really like that you as ASUS tech are in here and try your best to help us but I am missing an official communication and a status overview about what's being tested and when we can expect a fix.
I expect this when buying a premium product from a named company.
Personally I spend hours in re-installing my system and trying several things to fix this thinking this problem comes from my system first. Now I see that a lot of people have this issue and I feel angry about getting a short stupid reply on my ticket after 3 days and checking this forum each day can also not be a solution.

ASUS should be more transparent here and communicate better, that's all.
This was the first time bying an ASUS card instead of one from Creative Labs and so far my experience is not the best.
I love your motherboards and graphic cards and I hope that the PHOEBUS will get a fix soon and then is a reliable and good working component too.

Regards
jluerken

Download the FAQ doc linked in the sticky thread of this forum and read it, that's as "official" as it gets. :)

jluerken
06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Raja,

I've seen this FAQ already but it does not say anything about an ETA for the fix.
I also recommend changing the document to .pdf because not everyone can open .docx files.

Regards
jluerken

Sim
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Raja,

I've seen this FAQ already but it does not say anything about an ETA for the fix.
I also recommend changing the document to .pdf because not everyone can open .docx files.

Regards
jluerken

Docx viewer can be downlaoded from microsoft it is free.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4

jluerken
06-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks Sim,

I know this. It was only a recommendation.
The info should be available as .pdf or directly within the thread. I am sure the mods/admins here can edit it.
As customer I do not see the need why I have to install a doc viewer only to be able to get the info I need and which can be made available to me much easier.

I really hope to see progress with the fix soon because it is really annoying me.
Poor Raja who is the only one from ASUS fighting here. There should be more transparency I think which would help us and Raja too.

Regards
jluerken

Raja@ASUS
06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks Sim,

I know this. It was only a recommendation.
The info should be available as .pdf or directly within the thread. I am sure the mods/admins here can edit it.
As customer I do not see the need why I have to install a doc viewer only to be able to get the info I need and which can be made available to me much easier.

I really hope to see progress with the fix soon because it is really annoying me.
Poor Raja who is the only one from ASUS fighting here. There should be more transparency I think which would help us and Raja too.

Regards
jluerken

I don't take things too personally so don't need to feel sorry for me. :) The fact they have acknowledged it is as official as it will get. Of course, as a consumer you have a right to vent as much as needed. It might be an idea to push ASUS Suport Germany from your end also.

-Raja

magictoaster
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't take things too personally so don't need to feel sorry for me. :) The fact they have acknowledged it is as official as it will get. Of course, as a consumer you have a right to vent as much as needed. It might be an idea to push ASUS Suport Germany from your end also.

-Raja

I've already obtain an RMA from the card. It crashes in BF3 MP, and in Max Payne 3 during the cut scenes. This was tested on two completely different computers (and everything works properly with onboard audio and with a Titanium HD). Hopefully the updated drivers will take care of this, and will be released soon!

Kraion
06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Hello,
I am also the "Not-so-proud" owner of a Phoebus soundcard.
My problem description - Battlefield 3 will slow down to a crawl and freeze while giving out a steady "feedback" sound which shifts tones for every frame it advances. The freezes seem to appear after ~10 min of gameplay. The game will then quit to desktop.

My specs:
Motherboard: MSI Eclipse (Latest Bios)
CPU: Intel i7 920 (Latest Chipset, not OC'd)
VGA: Sapphire 6970 Toxic Edition (Latest AMD Catalyst, not OC'd)
RAM: 12GB DDR3 (Also not OC'd)
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Latest DirectX Drivers
With/Without antivirus.

Phoebus Driver version: 7.0.1.19
Firmware Version: 1014
CPL Version: 2.0.0.7

Since BF3 is the only game I play right now I cannot confirm problems with other games.
But I can successfully pinpoint the issues to the Phoebus card and/or its drivers.
I have tried what I believe to be the most complex variation of combinations of settings in the Phoebus Control pannel, without any kind of improvement or worsening of the issue.

My previous card(s) - Creative X-Fi Titanium, Onboard (Realtek) and a Plantronics USB headset (just for testing, the Phoebus has only a Sennheiser PC360 Attached to it).
All other cards have been (of course) either physically removed or deactivated while the Phoebus is installed.
NONE of those cards ever caused any issues. Not to mention my computer has never, not once, caused neither a crash, freeze, bluescreen or whatsoever under an circumstances.

Problems started after installing the phoebus card and cease as soon as the card is replaced and drivers removed.
I have also managed to reproduce the problem by installing the card on my GF's PC (Similar specs, but completely different hardware vendors).

After reading most of the posts in this thread, it is more than evident that this is not only a very common issue but it also seems to be a universal problem and not just an isolated issue.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with ASUS - not only for delivering sub-par quality for a USD 200+ soundcard (HEY! Other people buy almost a whole PC for that money!) but for the lack of support it has received so far. ASUS claims to be the biggest computer components manufacturer in the world, yet they seem to invest more time and money covering up their mishaps than trying to fix them.

I just hope this is not a general hardware design issue...

PS: The other issue I am having with this card is rather hard to explain... When watching a movie/video it seems as if the volume raises the longer you hear speech... as if in... hmm... a curve starting at a very low barely audible volume, and after the first 0,5sec or so that a character starts speaking it will peak in volume and just before he ends his sentence the volume will drop down to almost zero again.

to whoever cares... thank you.

firekiller44
06-12-2012, 12:16 AM
did you try this?
c&p

Budz1179
06-12-2012, 05:12 AM
i found the only way to play Bf3 right now is to uninstall the asus drivers and let windows use it's High Def Audio Drivers... atleast im playin while we wait for fix....:confused:

Sekin
06-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Near one month without a fix !!!
WE ARE WAITING FOR A FIX !!! NO RESPONSE , NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE ISSUE.
I tried to contact asus but impossible to get a response... you need to send an email....
ASUS SUPPORT AND COMMUNICATION = 0

After one month without a fix I want to know if it's possible to get a refund from asus.

I JUST WANT TO ENJOY FULLY OF MY PHOEBUS CARD THAT I PAID 180€ !!

I think I am not alone thinking the same :)

HEMAH
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi, I'm a Call of Duty 4 player (please BF players do not hit me :O) and it uses Punkbuster too, and I have the issue that you have.. I bought this card today. And it being my main game I'm pretty upset because I was really happy to have a sound card and being it from ROG and then..

What happens to me is I'm playing and for no reason it lags and I have to do cntrl alt del and hope to hit the button of open tasks gestor (don't how it's called in english) in the milisecond stops lagging before lagging again, and going to desktop stops it and if I go back in the game I notice that I got server disconnected, and I've noticed too that I got kicked by punkbuster because I tried to join the same server again and I was kicked for 2min.

I was really hoping that this card was amazing and blow my ears away and all that good stuff and being my first ROG product I was so excited :|

(I'm living in switzerland if that matters.)

Sekin
06-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi, I'm a Call of Duty 4 player (please BF players do not hit me :O) and it uses Punkbuster too, and I have the issue that you have.. I bought this card today. And it being my main game I'm pretty upset because I was really happy to have a sound card and being it from ROG and then..

What happens to me is I'm playing and for no reason it lags and I have to do cntrl alt del and hope to hit the button of open tasks gestor (don't how it's called in english) in the milisecond stops lagging before lagging again, and going to desktop stops it and if I go back in the game I notice that I got server disconnected, and I've noticed too that I got kicked by punkbuster because I tried to join the same server again and I was kicked for 2min.

I was really hoping that this card was amazing and blow my ears away and all that good stuff and being my first ROG product I was so excited :|

(I'm living in switzerland if that matters.)

This is a super card with a great sound !! but it's doesnt need the appelation of ROG sound card if we can't play with it.
I am curious by the bank test of this card... just launched the game and quit to confirm there is no bug lol

But it's the only brand that you can't get a support by phone !!!
always need to contact them by email and after that you get a stupid response at your question lol
(for me install the new driver and test all your pc components one by one ....)

HEMAH , use the windows driver if you want to play without problem :)
that's the only solution for the moment...

WE WANT A COMPENSATION FROM ASUS :cool: (BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM FOR FREE lol)

Sorry for my angry but waiting near one month a fix it's not normal !!!

.Deep
06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
forget it..asus is not asus anymore..marketing takes hand..

thegovernment
06-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Ya with the new map packs out, it's even more annoying that BF3 doesn't work properly. like REALLY annoying. At one point tonight, I came very close to taking this out of my case and snapping it in half. It would be nice if ROG got this fixed soon, it's been a long time and I can't even send this card back. I'm stuck with it.

HEMAH
06-13-2012, 04:16 AM
This is a super card with a great sound !! but it's doesnt need the appelation of ROG sound card if we can't play with it.
I am curious by the bank test of this card... just launched the game and quit to confirm there is no bug lol

But it's the only brand that you can't get a support by phone !!!
always need to contact them by email and after that you get a stupid response at your question lol
(for me install the new driver and test all your pc components one by one ....)

HEMAH , use the windows driver if you want to play without problem :)
that's the only solution for the moment...

WE WANT A COMPENSATION FROM ASUS :cool: (BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM FOR FREE lol)

Sorry for my angry but waiting near one month a fix it's not normal !!!

Is a fix going to be available? is that a sure thing? Or should I send this card back? (can I even send it back? saying it has a problem with punkbuster? Oo)

Please tell me how do I use the windows driver, I have the latest from the website.

keineAhnung
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Morning

I have the same problem I send the card back also because even here nothing does! will also write it is purely on the driver!

My System

Asus Extreme IV * i7 3930K @ 4,5 GHZ * EVGA GTX680 HC* 4x4GB (16GB) G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB DDR3-2133 * BeQuiet 1000W *
Crucial m4 SSD 256GB * WD Black 1TB * SilverStoneTJ07 @ Wakü * Windows7 Ultimate

dedaciai
06-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this thread is pretty popular to post on but very few Asus guys probably come out here (except for Marshall and Raja :-). The best thing to do is let your respective support center know and also hit them up on Facebook. Let them know "socially" and respectfully that they have a problem with this card (I have pretty much exhausted my own outlets, but we need to let them know that there are a ton of dissatisfied Phoebus owners). Here is a link to the Asus ROG page, it has a lot of fans so that means there will probably be a lot of eyeballs looking at it.

Asus Republic of Gamers Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/ASUSROG

Sekin
06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Is a fix going to be available? is that a sure thing? Or should I send this card back? (can I even send it back? saying it has a problem with punkbuster? Oo)

Please tell me how do I use the windows driver, I have the latest from the website.

This is not a fix , just a solution to play without problem.
Just uninstall the phoebus driver.
Go in the system / hardware and just click on the audio card and check for new drivers.
It install directly the WINDOWS HD AUDIO DRIVER and all the games are working with it.
But it's not the same sound quality lol

Sekin
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I know this thread is pretty popular to post on but very few Asus guys probably come out here (except for Marshall and Raja :-). The best thing to do is let your respective support center know and also hit them up on Facebook. Let them know "socially" and respectfully that they have a problem with this card (I have pretty much exhausted my own outlets, but we need to let them know that there are a ton of dissatisfied Phoebus owners). Here is a link to the Asus ROG page, it has a lot of fans so that means there will probably be a lot of eyeballs looking at it.

Asus Republic of Gamers Facebook page.

i am not a facebook user :p
But we are waiting for too long now ... NO COMMUNICATION , NO FIX ...
If I had a contact with a support line (by phone) it will be ok but you can't contact them.
Try the online CHAT support lol it's clairly a bot who is replying to you !!!

We are just waiting a response like : The fix is comming out the 15/6/12 the issue with punkbuster games is solved...
at this place we have nothing lol
I was a creative labs user and just want to change for asus ROG because it looks like the best....

I tried a new solution for contacting them : phone to the support and select LAPTOP : after that you can talk to a person and try to ask for the support for sound card :)
do it again 20 times lol :p

Vilnir
06-13-2012, 01:15 PM
One month now - nothing happens.

It has begun: Amazon customer ratings show the card with 1 to 2 stars. Same on other hardware shops.
Some hardware sites and magazins start to look on the problem.

... the card will be a waterloo for Asus and that Asus can blame on themselves....

Great job!

The work for implementing a label for ambitioned gamers - ROG - ... wasted money.

Cheers, Vilnir

Vilnir
06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
One month now - nothing happens.

It has begun: Amazon customer ratings show the card with 1 to 2 stars. Same on other hardware shops.
Some hardware sites and magazins start to look on the problem.

... the card will be a waterloo for Asus and that Asus can blame on themselves....

Great job!

The work for implementing a label for ambitioned gamers - ROG - ... wasted money.

Cheers, Vilnir

Sekin
06-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I talked to the support of asus ... they are always rejecting the fault on the game developer or it's a hardware problem.
one month later it's too easy to say "wait for the new driver" ... yes but when ???

I think we need to do something against that politic " buy it and fcyrself with it , and if you have a problem it's never our fault ".

I am not a lawyer but : selling a GAMER CARD ROG who can't play games it's a lie !
We need to let on all web site who is selling this card a negative comment.
We need to contact all web sites who want to test this card and give the information about this unsolved problem.

send a lot of emails to the support :) tsd@asus.com.tw and support_be@asus.com

After that I think it's possible that we can get a reaction of asus :)

dedaciai
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe we can start a change.org petition, "Please fix the Asus Xonar Phoebus Drivers!" :p

Sekin
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe we can start a change.org petition, "Please fix the Asus Xonar Phoebus Drivers!" :p

why not , start it and I sign it directly lol

jluerken
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I got an answer yesterday from the german support on my ticket which was >1 week old.
The summary of the answer was: "HQ is working on it. Maybe you see a fix end of the month. If not contact us again".

I am very unsatisfied because to me it means local ASUS does not push the issue enough or does not see a need to be transparent and take care about me as customer. This was my first ASUS soundcard - before I was using Creative Labs cards - and It will be my last if they do not fix the issue asap.
When I buy a high end product where I have to pay extra I also want special service.
It is clear to me that figuring out things and fix them is not always easy but a little bit more transparency and communication is a must to let the people know whats going on and that someone really takes care.

ASUS why do WE need to ask for info? Why do YOU not simply inform us?

That's definetly the wrong way !

DeXZoR
06-14-2012, 01:45 PM
I got an answer yesterday from the german support on my ticket which was >1 week old.
The summary of the answer was: "HQ is working on it. Maybe you see a fix end of the month. If not contact us again".

I am very unsatisfied because to me it means local ASUS does not push the issue enough or does not see a need to be transparent and take care about me as customer. This was my first ASUS soundcard - before I was using Creative Labs cards - and It will be my last if they do not fix the issue asap.
When I buy a high end product where I have to pay extra I also want special service.
It is clear to me that figuring out things and fix them is not always easy but a little bit more transparency and communication is a must to let the people know whats going on and that someone really takes care.

ASUS why do WE need to ask for info? Why do YOU not simply inform us?

That's definetly the wrong way !

Agre whed you its not good that that not are working on this more efectiv

ROGLORD
06-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Only just got her the other day, and I'm have the same problem as everyone else!

It's Double points weekend this weekend on BF3, would have been nice to be fixed by then!

does anyone have an ETA for the Driver yet?

For some reason I always have problems with ROG audio products! (VULCAN ANC resulted in two RA's so far)

Ruby Rabbit
06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Let me start by saying Battlefield 3 (BF3) would probably be the main reason the vast majority of ROG/Asus customers upgraded their systems. Heck, I did! Asus even licensed the BF3 brand for their motherboards. So BF3 has been a blessing for ASUS and its quarterly revenue targets.

In my opinion BF3 should have been on top of the QA software test list. (Had to get that off my chest)

As gamer and a CEO of a game developer, I must say, this sound issue really does reflect badly on the ROG brand. Brand loyalists are the people that spread the word of mouth that bolster brands such as ROG. They are the most valuable assets ROG/Asus has outside of the core teams that Asus employ’s. Lose the brand loyalists and you diminish your brand!

How does ROG fix this issue: It is simple- Communicate! Tell us what is happening, and give us updates on your progress. Customers do understand when things go wrong. However, the lack of progress reports and communication only escalates the problem. ROG of all people should know the demographic of the customers whom purchase their products. So a damage control plan must be in your operation procedures…. Lol. If there isn’t one then I have just given you the gold you need to keep your customers happy.

Please pass this on to your senior HQ executives.

P.S. If the issue is because of Battlefield 3 itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the issue was being caused by a frame buffer for the audio streaming or the broader sample rate is making it choke.

Thanks for listening

Sekin
06-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I received a mail from asus lol , they asked me to send my card on RMA ...
Honestly I prefer a refund from asus.... I don't want to loose more time.

If they ask me that , that could be all the cards are defective !!!

I am waiting the answer :)

jluerken
06-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I am loosing confidence in the ROG brand. It looks like also RAJA does not read this thread anymore or cannot share news with us.
Not to forget to say that it's a shame that ASUS in general does not give a statement or update.
I really hope that this escalates more on the ASUS/ROG Facebook page and that there will be a lot of reports on gaming sites and in mags.
If that is what it needs to get a Feedback from ASUS which is useable please everyone go on Facebook and report the problem.
This is what I expect when I buy a noname OEM soundcard but not from ASUS.

dedaciai
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Let me start by saying Battlefield 3 (BF3) would probably be the main reason the vast majority of ROG/Asus customers upgraded their systems. Heck, I did! Asus even licensed the BF3 brand for their motherboards. So BF3 has been a blessing for ASUS and its quarterly revenue targets.

In my opinion BF3 should have been on top of the QA software test list. (Had to get that off my chest)

As gamer and a CEO of a game developer, I must say, this sound issue really does reflect badly on the ROG brand. Brand loyalists are the people that spread the word of mouth that bolster brands such as ROG. They are the most valuable assets ROG/Asus has outside of the core teams that Asus employ’s. Lose the brand loyalists and you diminish your brand!

How does ROG fix this issue: It is simple- Communicate! Tell us what is happening, and give us updates on your progress. Customers do understand when things go wrong. However, the lack of progress reports and communication only escalates the problem. ROG of all people should know the demographic of the customers whom purchase their products. So a damage control plan must be in your operation procedures…. Lol. If there isn’t one then I have just given you the gold you need to keep your customers happy.

Please pass this on to your senior HQ executives.

P.S. If the issue is because of Battlefield 3 itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the issue was being caused by a frame buffer for the audio streaming or the broader sample rate is making it choke.

Thanks for listening

Please post this response on their Facebook ROG page. The more we get the word out the better.

Matter of fact, if you look at there stream/feed thing. It is pretty lit up with disgruntled customers...now we need all of you out here to do the same...post on FB, G+, twitter about this and maybe that will nudge them.

DeXZoR
06-15-2012, 04:56 AM
How do i contec Asus thro mail what maile addres do ther support have ?

_
06-15-2012, 06:53 AM
We are listening and we do take this situation very seriously. Obviously it makes us very stressed as well because until Raja or I can say "HERE'S THE FIX" you'd like to shout nasty things at us! :P While we wait with you, we do read and forward your distress to let the product managers realize you're not just going away.

Ultimately as you guessed it's down to driver development. It's a co-operation between companies; not just us, but CMedia and probably DICE/PB too as clearly the issue is not an easy fix, which takes time. Neither Raja or I know the technical specifics at the driver level. Once we know more we will post back.

jluerken
06-15-2012, 08:16 AM
... until Raja or I can say "HERE'S THE FIX" you'd like to shout nasty things at us! :P While we wait with you, we do read and forward your distress to let the product managers realize you're not just going away.

Hi Marshall,

it makes no sense to blame you or Raja. We're happy that you are there and it does not makes sense anyhow to become personal so don't worry ;-)

Please ask the HQ to give you some more information on the status and the ETA.

Regards
jluerken

killaz
06-15-2012, 08:41 AM
It's me SEKIN !! The admin desactivate my account because I am telling the truth !!!!

check my other post :) the reply from asus support !

DeXZoR
06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
We are listening and we do take this situation very seriously. Obviously it makes us very stressed as well because until Raja or I can say "HERE'S THE FIX" you'd like to shout nasty things at us! :P While we wait with you, we do read and forward your distress to let the product managers realize you're not just going away.

Ultimately as you guessed it's down to driver development. It's a co-operation between companies; not just us, but CMedia and probably DICE/PB too as clearly the issue is not an easy fix, which takes time. Neither Raja or I know the technical specifics at the driver level. Once we know more we will post back.

thx for the uppdat. Continue whed the uppdated abut how its going :D

Raja@ASUS
06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
It's me SEKIN !! The admin desactivate my account because I am telling the truth !!!!

check my other post :) the reply from asus support !

No, the forum has login issues. Nobody has messed with you account. Richard is getting lots of emails on users with problems logging in.

Sekin
06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
the best is to create a post to inform the issue with the login password on the forum :)

dedaciai
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes, let's be respectful to Marshall and Raja. It is not their fault the drivers on the Phoebus don't work well. The best they can do at this point is relay messages and so far it seems like HQ is the one that is mum on these issues...so don't go killing the messengers:)

On another subject. This bodes very poorly on the ROG brand. I own several ROG products and they have been great. I think the best thing that HQ can do is compensate us early adopters with something (e.g. t-shirt or code from something discounted...something) to show that they still care about their most loyal customers.

ostry
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Was there supposed to be an driver update on the 15th?

Merc1138
06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Was there supposed to be an driver update on the 15th?

Where did you ever see anything from Asus about an update on the 15th?

HEMAHDELIRIO
06-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Well, so is a fix coming? Is it a sure thing that asus is going to fix it? Please remember it's not just BF3, I don't play that, I play Call of Duty 4 and I have the same problem, as it also uses punkbuster, and I would also like to have it fixed.

(My HEMAH account after days is still not working. but oh well.)

mauserkk98
06-18-2012, 04:03 PM
After building a new pc and getting new internet in same week i couldn't work out the problem ,crashing out of online games after 20mins.

I have spent 6 weeks trying every thing on the net and rebuilding/downloading every hint and tip out there.

And like you guys it comes down too a "gamers sound card " that has issues ,making gameplay a joke.

To say i'm happy and sad in equal measure would be about right.

Has any one got a fix?? ,as like most love the sound this gives but £170 for 20mins is not on.:eek:

Asus V gene ,I5 3570k (3.4/3.8),120gt ssd,750xt hdd,Sapphire 7870 oc,16gb vengeance ram ,Phoebus sc.

All driver upto date ,windows 7 hp.

keineAhnung
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
New Day
and no new or Beta Drivers
Nice Asus !

SMiThaYe
06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
New Day
and no new or Beta Drivers
Nice Asus !

....but they have the fixed 2012.06.13 manual available to download!

It's sad because since I bought this card and with all the crashing, I haven't been playing BF3 for over 1 month with my mates. I play other lots of other games, I need top quality sound for recording gameplay which is why I'm not installing Windows drivers to play BF3. Playing CS:GO beta and the drivers are fine there and that is is what I've had to start playing instead.

jluerken
06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Playing with the Windows default audio drivers really sucks.
Waiting for a fix...

Sekin
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Playing with the Windows default audio drivers really sucks.
Waiting for a fix...

I confirm lol :)

Krai0n
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Guys, please go to ASUS's ROG Page on Facebook and post NICELY that we are waiting for a fix on this issue!

We need to make them aware...

dedaciai
06-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Guys, please go to ASUS's ROG Page on Facebook and post NICELY that we are waiting for a fix on this issue!

We need to make them aware...

Yes! Please post on their Facebook page with a link to this forum thread. That will show all the others having the same problem that they are not alone. The more of us that we have voicing the same problem the more, I hope, they will address it more quickly.

thegovernment
06-19-2012, 04:47 AM
I got a reply from Asus on Facebook. They said the problem was known and they are working the the fix. It can't be soon enough!!

Shannonjpower
06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
I got a reply from Asus on Facebook. They said the problem was known and they are working the the fix. It can't be soon enough!!

+1. I still have my Phoebus sitting here in it's box because of the BF3 problems. Wasting a $220AU card with little hope in sight.

Raja@ASUS
06-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Updated sticky thread with this email address for all Xonar related bug reports Xonar@asus.com

(Xonar@asus.com)

dedaciai
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Updated sticky thread with this email address for all Xonar related bug reports Xonar@asus.com

(Xonar@asus.com)

Thanks for the email address, Raja. Should we send them flame mail ;) or just our system specs, problems, etc?

jluerken
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
...btw. is ASUS also already thinking about a kind of compensation for us? :-)

Raja@ASUS
06-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the email address, Raja. Should we send them flame mail ;) or just our system specs, problems, etc?

Specs is probably the only thing they are interested in :)

Raja@ASUS
06-19-2012, 12:31 PM
...btw. is ASUS also already thinking about a kind of compensation for us? :-)

If that's a serious question, I suggest you take it up with your regional ASUS office. AFAIK ASUS Germany has no reps here. And just for clarification purposes, each region has its own rules hence my response. :)

HEMAH
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Raja, but is it going to be a fix? Will I be able to play CoD4 with this card?

Raja@ASUS
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Raja, but is it going to be a fix? Will I be able to play CoD4 with this card?

All I know is that they are working on it. I do not know the specifics of the fix so I cannot answer your question - from what I hear it is between drivers and Punkbuster.

What you should do is fill out a bug report form and email it to the address i posted earlier.

DeXZoR
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
All I know is that they are working on it. I do not know the specifics of the fix so I cannot answer your question - from what I hear it is between drivers and Punkbuster.

What you should do is fill out a bug report form and email it to the address i posted earlier.

How do i get a bugg report ?

Raja@ASUS
06-19-2012, 08:31 PM
How do i get a bugg report ?

Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Fill out that form with your details and email it to the link provided at the top of the form.

Merc1138
06-19-2012, 09:55 PM
It is indeed wonderful to have a $200 soundcard outside of it's return period with the retailer, that doesn't work.

Raja, can you verify that someone at Asus has at least been able to reproduce the issue? It's common, plenty of people are reporting it, I highly doubt that more detailed bug reports are necessary at this point considering the broad range of configurations that can reproduce this. We need communication from Asus about the status of the problem, not busy-work for people reporting the problem still to keep them occupied for a few minutes while they jot down system specs.

Is the issue reproducible at Asus?
Is this issue why Asus hasn't sent any review samples of a soundcard that's been shipping to distributors for weeks now(seriously, it's more than a little obvious that they're being withheld.)?

I don't expect to hear whether or not this issue has to go all the way back to cmedia, but at least acknowledge that it exists officially.

Raja@ASUS
06-20-2012, 04:46 AM
It is indeed wonderful to have a $200 soundcard outside of it's return period with the retailer, that doesn't work.

Raja, can you verify that someone at Asus has at least been able to reproduce the issue? It's common, plenty of people are reporting it, I highly doubt that more detailed bug reports are necessary at this point considering the broad range of configurations that can reproduce this. We need communication from Asus about the status of the problem, not busy-work for people reporting the problem still to keep them occupied for a few minutes while they jot down system specs.

Is the issue reproducible at Asus?
Is this issue why Asus hasn't sent any review samples of a soundcard that's been shipping to distributors for weeks now(seriously, it's more than a little obvious that they're being withheld.)?

I don't expect to hear whether or not this issue has to go all the way back to cmedia, but at least acknowledge that it exists officially.

Send your query to the email address provided. The "official word" posted in the FAQ is that they are working on it.

Sekin
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
No news about drivers???
I sent some emails to xonar@asus.com lol that could be a spam box to calm us and give some hope about a fix :p

WAITING ..... SINCE ONE MONTH .... 200€ in the trash ... :mad:

angerfist110
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
WAITING ..... SINCE ONE MONTH .... 200€ in the trash ... :mad:

200€ in our A*s ... --'

SMiThaYe
06-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Has anyone else tried previous Battlefield games or COD to see if game crashes as much as BF3 does? If it's just BF3 as severely affected then I guess I can live with that as not playing BF3 has meant other neglected games have been completed and many jobs around the house have been finished!
Regarding email responses; the courtesy email (16 days ago) from tech support (tsd@asus.com.tw) in response to my email detailing the issue remains unresolved with the 'relevant personnel'. Would like to see vlogging of them working on the issue.

jluerken
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
All games using Punkbuster are affected.

I do not think that sending a bug report to this email address works because it's already in this thread since weeks.
There is nothing to add. ASUS can fetch the info here.

I think the only way to speed things up is to either call the HQ directly OR report the issue on FACEBOOK and to magazines or online blogs. This way it gets more attention.
If ASUS does not give Feedback here on their own if they confirm the problem and what the status is, maybe they do then.
This is not what I expect from a world wide operating company :-(