PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-BBK5 missing installation CD

ipaas
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Hello everybody!

Last week I finally got the chance to pick up my G75. Long story short -- I was unboxing the laptop in the store as I ordered the laptop bag for it as well, so I didn't bother carrying the carton around.

As I discovered later, I was (and still am) missing the installation CD, that came with the laptop. It might just been that I accidentally forgot it to the store, while unboxing. Unfortunately I can't go back to the store in LA, because I was only there for one day and I find myself on the other end of the world by now.

Is it possible to retrieve an official download link for the ISO CD-image maybe from Asus or maybe could someone here make this effort for me instead? I am really in need of that disc and can't find any other solution.

Thank you in advance!
Indrek

dstrakele
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
On my G74SX-A1, the C:\eSupport\eDriver folder is a copy of the ASUS Driver and Application CD. Do you have a similar copy on your G75VW-BBK5? It may be named differently on your Best Buy system.

If you are interested in the ASUS Recovery DVD's, they can be created by the Ai Recovery program on your system.

Be aware that all the ASUS drivers and applications can also be downloaded individually from the ASUS web site.

ipaas
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Thank you for your quick reply!

Of course I didn't mention that i added a SSD drive for system files and kept the 1TB HDD for media only -- deleting the partitions and formatting it beforehand.

I have looked at the download section for drivers on ROG website, but as far as I've discovered, it's not complete.

But yes, I am exclusively interested in the installation disc, that came with the laptop.

Thank you,
Indrek

Holy
05-15-2012, 06:27 PM
So the driver a bloatware disc? If so i can try and make a copy of mine.

dstrakele
05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Have you already installed Windows 7 on the SSD?

The "installation" disk you refer to contains drivers and ASUS Bloatware applications, but not Windows 7.

Your ASUS Factory installation of Windows 7 complete with drivers and bloatware apps is saved by running Ai Recoversy and creating the DVD's. If you did not do this before repartitioning your HDD, you can download a Windows 7 ISO file that is the same Windows version installed on your system, and use the Windows OEM license on the tag on the bottom of your laptop to activate it.

The device drivers and bloatware applications that were installed on your system can be downloaded here;
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=388&m=G75VW&os=&hashedid=gkyI9iViQxXxueTd

Just select the OS version installed on your system.

ipaas
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, I wiped the drives (both SSD and HDD) prior to installing a fresh copy of Windows. So the disc I'm referring to is the one with Asus drivers and bloatware indeed.

Thanks again,
Indrek

dstrakele
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
The device drivers and bloatware applications that were installed on your system can be downloaded here;
http://support.asus.com/download.asp...yI9iViQxXxueTd

Just select the OS version installed on your system.

ipaas
05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Thank you dstrakele, much appreciated!

Holy
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Just pm if you want the iso for the cd and i'll try to make one.

ipaas
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Just pm if you want the iso for the cd and i'll try to make one.

Will do! I'm going to check out the downloads beforehand and if anything's missing I'll let you know, thank you!

Holy
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Alrigt no problem. When i did a full wipe onto my ssd i forgot all about it.

SoberSnyper
05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Hello everybody!

Last week I finally got the chance to pick up my G75. Long story short -- I was unboxing the laptop in the store as I ordered the laptop bag for it as well, so I didn't bother carrying the carton around.

As I discovered later, I was (and still am) missing the installation CD, that came with the laptop. It might just been that I accidentally forgot it to the store, while unboxing. Unfortunately I can't go back to the store in LA, because I was only there for one day and I find myself on the other end of the world by now.

Is it possible to retrieve an official download link for the ISO CD-image maybe from Asus or maybe could someone here make this effort for me instead? I am really in need of that disc and can't find any other solution.

Thank you in advance!
Indrek

There is no installation CD. I purchased the same G75VW-BBK5 and there are no discs.

Scrodus
05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone! I had similar questions and you guys were able to answer them for me here :)

wolf724
01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
can u do this for me please I need the dvd jsherbaugh@gmail.com