PDA

View Full Version : G47sx is getting hotter fans workign more?

Austin
05-17-2012, 05:06 PM
latly my computer seems to be getting hotter but its mostly when im playing games is there a reason for that ?

atm the fans are running tot he point i can hear them and only things i have running is skype and the internet and my computer is on balanced performance and the bottom of my computer is cool and its the right side of my computer that the fan is running on

BrodyBoy
05-17-2012, 05:16 PM
They always heat up more under heavy load. After extended game playing, they can get downright hot, and the fans will run noticeably faster and louder.

PILGRIM
05-17-2012, 05:36 PM
latly my computer seems to be getting hotter but its mostly when im playing games is there a reason for that ?

atm the fans are running tot he point i can hear them and only things i have running is skype and the internet and my computer is on balanced performance

It's normal for our laptops to get hotter after extended game playing.
But I would recommend you set your power plan to "high performance" when playing.
(My G74 is actually always set to "high performance" when on AC power.)

Try using the HWiNFO64 program to monitor GPU and CPU temperature.
(Tick the "sensor-only" to monitor them.)

Austin
05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
It's normal for our laptops to get hotter after extended game playing.
But I would recommend you set your power plan to "high performance" when playing.
(My G74 is actually always set to "high performance" when on AC power.)

Try using the HWiNFO64 program to monitor GPU and CPU temperature.
(Tick the "sensor-only" to monitor them.)

what do i do after that because idk what im looking at is there a program to tell me what is wrong and correct it (if needed)

BrodyBoy
05-17-2012, 09:51 PM
what do i do after that because idk what im looking at is there a program to tell me what is wrong and correct it (if needed)
Just report the temps here, and other owners can let you know if they seem normal.

Austin
05-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Just report the temps here, and other owners can let you know if they seem normal.

i was told its bad that it goes above 60 degrees Celsius for games like mine craft witch mine dose but again im hosting a server
and playing other games that takes alot of service and i use Gamebooster which cools it a bit