PDA

View Full Version : okay(mouse post /thread gone)

frewi
05-18-2012, 12:10 AM
What happened to my mouse post/thread? :confused: anyways update on the post ...my mouse is still not fixed sadly the IT guy is a boss on top of a another boss ..so it's kinda hard to get him to me / tell him about it and it sucks cause if i open it i loose his guarantee (already lost the original one) but there's another thing....the touch pad seems to work before loaded into windows and when i switch it to the right one it works/semi the problem seems to transfer it self to the right one(unless i go through a specific menu of synaptic to switch it) so that's telling me it could be a command some where blocking it and sadly i couldn't know where to look if it was :( and yes i remember some one saying something about a screw under it? can't open it sadly like i said.

Edit ; original post is something along the lines of - help my touch pad/mouse thingy is not working(right is not working) any ideas?
and my model is a G74SX (yes this lovely of a computer is broken ..now my usb#4 is inwards and that will be alot harder to fix if i am correct blame linux * ..)

BrodyBoy
05-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Since your original problem report is apparently gone, it would be helpful if you started over. Assume readers don't know the situation, so tell us what model you're talking about and birefly describe the problem you're having.

dstrakele
05-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I recommend uninstalling the touchpad driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program" and rebooting to let Windows install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver. If the touchpad still fails to respond, you may have a defective touchpad. However, do confirm it is not disabled in the BIOS.

If your #4 USB port is also jacked, you may need to send it in for repairs, anyway.

frewi
05-21-2012, 02:17 AM
I recommend uninstalling the touchpad driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program" and rebooting to let Windows install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver. If the touchpad still fails to respond, you may have a defective touchpad. However, do confirm it is not disabled in the BIOS.

If your #4 USB port is also jacked, you may need to send it in for repairs, anyway.

Not disabled in bios and uninstalled /re-installed and still doesn't work i think this a tough one to fix and + that i can't send it in because of warranty over i do have an extra one ava but it's straight from the makers them selfs..(i think and + another one with the guy who gave me the laptop)