PDA

View Full Version : G74SX wireless connectivity issue

Prometheus816
05-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Hello. I have an issue related to connecting to a particular wireless network that maybe someone has some insight into.

I have an Asus G74SX, and I never have any issues with connecting to wireless networks, except for at my brother's house. His router is a Linksys WRT54GX4. I know all the settings and info is correct for the connection, but no matter what I try, it will not connect. We have tried completely turning off the wireless security, in which case it does seem to connect, but it still doesn't have any internet access. It seems to be only the wireless, as internet access is not a problem through an ethernet cable on the same router. My wife's laptop is an Asus X53S, and it has not had any problems connecting to this wireless network.

If anyone has any advice they feel would be useful, I would be very grateful.

Thanks much,

Andrew

Microsoft MTA: Networking Fundamentals

dstrakele
05-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Since you report your G74SX has no problem connecting to other wireless networks, I would recommend troubleshooting from the Linksys Router side. Similar issues are being reported for other Linksys WRT54GX4 routers. A variety of solutions and recommendations are offered. Here are some Google hits: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&gs_mss=Linksys%20WRT54GX4%20c&cp=30&gs_id=1n&xhr=t&q=Linksys%20WRT54GX4%20can't%20connect&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Linksys+WRT54GX4+can't+connect&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ca5e4e80e08f4ec0&biw=887&bih=541