PDA

View Full Version : G73JW-A1 or 3DE



tonyll
02-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Alright I did have the new G73SW-A1 but had to send it back to amazon yesterday for a full refund. When I call Asus they recommend to send it back since I only had it for two days and they said it won't be until April 1st till the lineup comes out with the fixed chip set. Now here is my dilemma.

While waiting for Amazon to received my laptop and get my refund I am doing some research. I am looking at the G73JW-3DE. They have it on amazon for $1899 which is not bad for the high end screen and 3D support. Pretty much everything is the same as the SW except the processor and chipset. Still has the hybrid hard drives, same memory and video card. Also has the blue ray burner which is nice a feature. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should wait till April for the new SW model with the fixed chipset and pay a lot since it will be new on get the G73JW-3DE instead. If anyone has either the JW-A1 or 3DE let me know how it is with the latest drivers. From my research there pretty good models and not much different from the SW.

Chastity@ASUS
02-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Get the JW-3DE. If you really need the CPU power you can upgrade it to a 940XM.

tonyll
02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Get the JW-3DE. If you really need the CPU power you can upgrade it to a 940XM.

How much is the upgraded CPU? with that allow me to upgrade the ram to 16GB on the 3DE? Do you know if there is a big difference from the sandy bridge 2.0GHZ and the i7 1.73ghz?

Cedric Medina
02-07-2011, 07:04 AM
im keeping mine. ill wait till april. maybe by then ill see if they will let me get the 3de. i really like the quickness with the new sb and gets pretty good battery life.

tonyll
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
im keeping mine. ill wait till april. maybe by then ill see if they will let me get the 3de. i really like the quickness with the new sb and gets pretty good battery life.

Yea I was going to keep my SW to but the Asus rep pretty much told me they werent going to replace it when they fix the issue because of the price difference or some crap. I didn't want to take a chance since I only had it for two days and would rather just get a full refund.