PDA

View Full Version : G75 hard drive format issues, why GPT??? wont accept cache ssd

zoomboy70
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I had purchased an OCZ 128 Cache ssd to install on my G75. My intent was to keep the space of the hhd and speed up boot times and hotfiles. To my dismay, Asus formatted the primary hhd in GPT format, which I just learned will not work with the software from OCZ, which only recognizes MBR. I have thought of several ways to work this out, but just looking for suggestions on the easiest way to do this. Cloning, recovery disk, etc. ???? then reformat the primary to MBR and reinstall?? Any help would be appreciated....... I called tech support and they told me that they couldn't help me, warranty issues!!! Hard to sell a mod notebook that you can't mod!!!

john_from_ohio
05-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Burn the recovery disks from the asus utility and use them ( pull out current hard drive ) to completely recover your os and drivers onto new ssd. Takes a while don't sweat it while it reboots a bunch of times do not touch it until it has finished rebooting and not moved 10 minutes. Approx time for me on my Intel 520 was 90 minutes up to 2 hours sorry I forget exactly how long.

zoomboy70
05-22-2012, 02:43 AM
well, not acutally what this was made for, other wise I would have purchased a 256 ssd. I need to reformat the original hhd from GPT to MBR...reinstall software...then run my 128 cache ssd in the background. That's what I want to do.......