PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Gaming on TV

Dtrem5
02-08-2011, 11:56 PM
My lap top seems to shut down after a short time when gaming on my TV through HDMI. Only when the lid is closed... Is there a fix for this? Besides leaving the screen open.

Brian@ASUS
02-09-2011, 12:16 AM
go to your power management settings. control panel, battery options. two options you should look into. choose when to turn off the display and chose when the computer sleeps. you can adjust the time or set everything to never in both power mode and battery mode. this should fix it.

Dtrem5
02-09-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks, but I have tried that. No luck...I even switched it from the different Windows and Power4gear modes.

It must be a heat issue. Its only while gaming and the back vents are very hot. Maybe the air is drawn in from the keyboard area, i dont know. Its strange that it resumes Windows and the game is still running. It is like it waits to cool down a bit then the power button works. Hmmmmm.

Lockindal
02-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Buy a cooling pad if you haven't already. I recommend the Coolermaster NotepalX2. It fits this laptop perfectly, and I even use it to angle my laptop instead of having it sit flat because it makes the laptop easier to use for me. :)
When gaming, a definite necessity even for the great design of this laptop.