PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth for RBBXO5...

Fezteeny
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Hmm....my friends usually come to my house and we have LAN parties and do all that sort of crap, and i just realiezed one BIG PROBLEM!!!! I have the best laptop among my friends but whenever i wanna connect my Windows Phone to my Laptop, i feel like an idiot and they point and laugh cause i have no Bluetooth on my PC.....my friends payed about 800-1000 for their laptops and they come with bluetooth and while i payed a lot more, i dont get the essential Bluetooth card......i am wondering if their is any way possible to add a card to my laptop...please post links and all sorts of helpfull crap......

Thanks,
-Fezteeny

jones4765
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Hmm....my friends usually come to my house and we have LAN parties and do all that sort of crap, and i just realiezed one BIG PROBLEM!!!! I have the best laptop among my friends but whenever i wanna connect my Windows Phone to my Laptop, i feel like an idiot and they point and laugh cause i have no Bluetooth on my PC.....my friends payed about 800-1000 for their laptops and they come with bluetooth and while i payed a lot more, i dont get the essential Bluetooth card......i am wondering if their is any way possible to add a card to my laptop...please post links and all sorts of helpfull crap......

Thanks,
-Fezteeny

You could try this: http://cgi.ebay.com/802-11N-wireless-Bluetooth-Mini-PCIe-WiFi-Adapter-/110643074823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2d75707

Chastity@ASUS
02-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Easiest thing to do is pick up a USB mini-dongle, and use that. Should support 2.1 and all the newest features.

MarkS
02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
...and then point back at your friends and laugh because you have a better laptop.

Bragging about Bluetooth? Lamers... ;)

damobster54
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I just installed bluetooth for the same model as yours. It was very simple especially if you're going to change out ram or repaste. It's on the top, lower right side of the motherboard. I wasn't sure where the stick went after you plugged the cable in so I just taped it securely in the corner. Works like a charm!

Fezteeny
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Easiest thing to do is pick up a USB mini-dongle, and use that. Should support 2.1 and all the newest features.

.....o...but i rather wouldnt have an extre flash drive danglling around...thanks anyways

Fezteeny
02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
...and then point back at your friends and laugh because you have a better laptop.

Bragging about Bluetooth? Lamers... ;)

Yeah....thats right....but one of them is ordering the Origin EON 17 :(

Chastity@ASUS
02-09-2011, 09:26 PM
.....o...but i rather wouldnt have an extre flash drive danglling around...thanks anyways

You do realize they're very tiny, just like the Logitech Unifying dongle?

Fezteeny
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
You do realize they're very tiny, just like the Logitech Unifying dongle?

O...didnt know that....Thanks :{ (its a moustache)