PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55VW

icyshandy
05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi guys! i need your advice..

I'm living in Singapore, and i need a laptop for college. As asus have released it's g55vw gaming laptop, just wondering if the laptop is worth it & any idea when will it be released in Singapore?:cool:

TheGongshow
05-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I've had my G55 for about 5 days now and i absolutely love it. There are a few things that are very minor bugs that are in the process of being fixed right now by the tech guys at Asus but it those things are all software and drivers. The laptop, hardware wise is completely sound. The 15 inch forum factor is beautiful and perfect for lap gaming. I would warn that it is a bit heavy for every day use as far as traveling from class to class. It's a beautiful machine and i would recommend it to anyone.

Arvinaaaaa
05-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I've had my G55 for about 5 days now and i absolutely love it. There are a few things that are very minor bugs that are in the process of being fixed right now by the tech guys at Asus but it those things are all software and drivers. The laptop, hardware wise is completely sound. The 15 inch forum factor is beautiful and perfect for lap gaming. I would warn that it is a bit heavy for every day use as far as traveling from class to class. It's a beautiful machine and i would recommend it to anyone.

one small problem of the g55, is the subwoofer..it vibrates the whole laptop..how about you bro? otherelse than that, the g55 is beautiful, POWERFUL, solid and Powerful again :p....just the subwoofer

TheGongshow
05-25-2012, 12:48 AM
one small problem of the g55, is the subwoofer..it vibrates the whole laptop..how about you bro? otherelse than that, the g55 is beautiful, POWERFUL, solid and Powerful again :p....just the subwoofer

True story. Subwoofer isn't the best. I use headphones most of the time so i don't notice it.

BlackLotus
05-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Can't you just turn off or down the subwoofer then? :p

Arvinaaaaa
05-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Can't you just turn off or down the subwoofer then? :p
cannot turn down the subwoofer, can only turn it off completely, that is what im doing now

Holy
05-25-2012, 02:48 AM
Yea you can turn it down with both the basic windows and the via hd audio program.

icyshandy
05-27-2012, 12:27 PM
awesome! thanks guys :D