PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problem! Need Help!

Bishmar
05-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I own Asus g74sx-bb8 from bestbuy. The problem is that my mouse randomly stops moving without reason in any usb 2.0 ports. Ports are working great I tested by plugging usb flash drive and it worked. Even mouse glows, but doesn't move and doesn't react on clicks. The only solution I found is restarting pc. By the way when I stick it in usb 3.0 port mouse starts moving and working as it did before. If anyone got any solutions, please help.
Thank you and sorry for English it's not my first language.

Bishmar
05-27-2012, 04:06 AM
For a moment I thought I fixed it, but seems I still need help. Maybe I should update drivers or something ?
If some know something please tell.

Bishmar
06-05-2012, 12:30 AM
BUMP! can't be that anyone can't help!

dstrakele
06-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Hi Bishmar - Can you confirm that the touchpad is disabled when you connect and use the Mouse? The touchpad may be disabled by 1) configuring it in Device Manager to disable when a USB Mouse is detected, 2) pressing Fn-F9 to disable the touchpad, or 3) disabling the touchpad in the BIOS.

Try to move the cursor with the touchpad when you have the mouse connected. If the touchpad moves the cursor, it is enabled - and you don't want it enabled when you are using a Mouse.

If you've confirmed that the touchpad IS disabled and you're still experiencing Mouse freezes, confirm that the Mouse works correctly when installed to another computer. Alternatively, you can try another Mouse on your computer.

Bishmar
06-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi Bishmar - Can you confirm that the touchpad is disabled when you connect and use the Mouse? The touchpad may be disabled by 1) configuring it in Device Manager to disable when a USB Mouse is detected, 2) pressing Fn-F9 to disable the touchpad, or 3) disabling the touchpad in the BIOS.

Try to move the cursor with the touchpad when you have the mouse connected. If the touchpad moves the cursor, it is enabled - and you don't want it enabled when you are using a Mouse.

If you've confirmed that the touchpad IS disabled and you're still experiencing Mouse freezes, confirm that the Mouse works correctly when installed to another computer. Alternatively, you can try another Mouse on your computer.
Yes touchpad is dissabled by fn+f_9. Mouse works correctly on different PCs, when this problem occurs any mouse stops working on USB 2.0
only 3.0, different devices still work tho.

dstrakele
06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
What version touchpad driver are you currently running? Some driver versions allow the touchpad to re-enable after being disabled with Fn-F9.

Since the Mouse works when you plug it into the USB 3.0 port, it could indicate a problem with your Intel Chipset drivers. They control the USB 2.0 ports, but the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 driver controls the USB 3.0 port.

I recommend downloading the latest Intel Chipset driver version and installing from the Command Prompt started by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "Run as administrator" and using the -overall switch. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status=# for a download link and instructions for using the -overall switch for installation.

Boosted_R
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Try going into windows power settings and disable usb selective suspend

Bishmar
06-05-2012, 07:42 PM
What version touchpad driver are you currently running? Some driver versions allow the touchpad to re-enable after being disabled with Fn-F9.

Since the Mouse works when you plug it into the USB 3.0 port, it could indicate a problem with your Intel Chipset drivers. They control the USB 2.0 ports, but the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 driver controls the USB 3.0 port.

I recommend downloading the latest Intel Chipset driver version and installing from the Command Prompt started by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "Run as administrator" and using the -overall switch. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status=# for a download link and instructions for using the -overall switch for installation.
Using Sentelic 9.1.3.5
Don't really get with this overall thing.
Thank you for reply

update

Installed chipset driver with overall.
I also think this problem could have caused by virus, that I found today by scanning with dr.web cureit.
I will update if problem gone or not.
Thank you for replies guys!

Bishmar
06-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Try going into windows power settings and disable usb selective suspend
Already disabled.

dstrakele
06-05-2012, 08:08 PM
The Sentelic 9.1.3.5 driver has a problem with the touchpad re-enabling itself after being disabled with Fn-F9. When the touchpad re-enables, it may be conflicting with your Mouse.

You need to upgrade to Sentelic version 9.1.7.7 to resolve the re-enabling issue. Uninstall "Finger Sensing Pad Driver" from "Control Panel- Uninstall a program", REBOOT (Don't Forget It!), then install 9.1.7.7.

Bishmar
06-06-2012, 06:40 PM
The Sentelic 9.1.3.5 driver has a problem with the touchpad re-enabling itself after being disabled with Fn-F9. When the touchpad re-enables, it may be conflicting with your Mouse.

You need to upgrade to Sentelic version 9.1.7.7 to resolve the re-enabling issue. Uninstall "Finger Sensing Pad Driver" from "Control Panel- Uninstall a program", REBOOT (Don't Forget It!), then install 9.1.7.7.
I updated my touchpad drives.
But I still having problem with my mouse, It just stops responding, I did everything I could, is there any other solutions ?

dstrakele
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
1) Are there any Warnings or Errors in the Windows System or Application Event Logs that point to a troubleshooting direction?

2) What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, or Disk Management software have you installed to your system. There may be a driver conflict. If so, the drivers of these type of programs are the usual suspects.

3) What make and model Mouse is giving you these problems? Did you install any software for it?

4) Is it possible you had another pointing device installed to your laptop (and installed software for it) and THIS is now conflicting with your Mouse?

Bishmar
06-07-2012, 12:49 AM
1) Are there any Warnings or Errors in the Windows System or Application Event Logs that point to a troubleshooting direction?

2) What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, or Disk Management software have you installed to your system. There may be a driver conflict. If so, the drivers of these type of programs are the usual suspects.

3) What make and model Mouse is giving you these problems? Did you install any software for it?

4) Is it possible you had another pointing device installed to your laptop (and installed software for it) and THIS is now conflicting with your Mouse?

1) I Have like no idea what I suppose to look at there.

2) All these time I had spy&bot and windows firewall, just uninstalled spy&bot and will see if something will change.

3) I use old basic Dell mouse. I don't have any specific drivers for it.

4) No.

Bishmar
06-07-2012, 06:17 AM

Still have this annoying thing...
Could it be a hardware problem ?
I mean is usb 3.0 part of motherboard ?
This problem is super annoying and I thinking about reformating my whole system because of it.
Please let me know what you think.

dstrakele
06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
That would be the next step. Good Luck!