PDA

View Full Version : Asus g75vw (best buy model) freezing up and self-restart?

Zeemon
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I purchased my G75vw laptop from Best Buy about a week ago and came across an odd problem while I was playing Diablo 3. Some freezes began occurring every few minutes in-game, about 3~8 second freezes. I decided to just exit and restart the game, but after exiting, my computer just restarted itself. I've never seen something like this before. It was working flawlessly for the first week, and this has happened only once so far. Should I perhaps go to Best Buy and just exchange it for a new machine? I would greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thank you!

john_from_ohio
05-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Lots of reports out on the net about Diablo 3 stability issues ... if the only problem you have had was when you were using Diablo 3 easy to guess that it was directly related to Diablo 3.

You can use Win 7 event viewer to look at various things in system logs right around when your computer restarted if that kind of thing interests you.

# Do a google search on "diablo 3 computer restart" ... lots of hits ...

shtick7
05-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I have the same model as you and have been playing Diablo 3 since release but I never got the problem that you described. I get some latency lag but thats about it. It could be a D3 stability issue as john_from_ohio said.

Espenh
05-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I got the same problem!!