PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55VW recovery disc iso

electric0ant
05-28-2012, 03:13 AM
I stupidly tried to do some re partitioning after getting my G55VW before making the recovery discs.
Seems like the default parition in the G55VW uses GPT and so it messed up the parition table and i can't even get back into the recovery partition.

If anyone is nice enough to make the recovery DVD from the asus utility and post up an iso of it, I would really appreciate the help.

thanks

john_from_ohio
05-28-2012, 12:44 PM
You can order a set of recovery disks from asus support ... my G75VW made 3 DVDs probably G55 is similar.

When you burn the recovery disks yourself from your machine the utility even includes steps that put back in your Win 7 registration number ( so it is already activated when finished recovering ) ... not sure what happens when using a factory supplied set.

electric0ant
06-13-2012, 07:24 AM
the process should just create recovery discs from the recovery parition, never heard of that asking you to put in serial numbers.
any recovery disc made from a G55vw should work on another G55vw i believe.
if anyone would make iso images from their discs and post online i would really appreciate it as it would save me from having to buy from asus, and I am not sure if they would send to me here in Hong Kong as the G55 is no sold here.

linkin182
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Currently burning my G55VW recovery disc using AI Recovery Tool.
It is asking me to prepare 5 blank DVD discs :(

electric0ant
06-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Currently burning my G55VW recovery disc using AI Recovery Tool.
It is asking me to prepare 5 blank DVD discs :(

I would be sooo immensely grateful if you would upload iso images of them. but obviously not everyone has the time and bandwidth so I understand if you can't.

Woots
06-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Microsoft makes available iso of their OS for people with these situations.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/need-windows-7-home-premium-iso/feca96d6-461c-47b8-900d-489294054ccc

Just follow Microsoft instructions here .. and then use your CD key you have on the bottom of the laptop.

Arvinaaaaa
06-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Microsoft makes available iso of their OS for people with these situations.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/need-windows-7-home-premium-iso/feca96d6-461c-47b8-900d-489294054ccc

Just follow Microsoft instructions here .. and then use your CD key you have on the bottom of the laptop.
but you wont get all the sofwares asus gave us in the factory state...you will only get a clean version of windows

danniill59
07-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I stupidly tried to do some re partitioning after getting my G55VW before making the recovery discs.
Seems like the default parition in the G55VW uses GPT and so it messed up the parition table and i can't even get back into the recovery partition.

If anyone is nice enough to make the recovery DVD from the asus utility and post up an iso of it, I would really appreciate the help.

thanks

Prompt, whether your question was solved. I have the same problem.

ⱤΞΛⱣΞⱤ
07-25-2012, 05:10 PM
You should be able to get a clean copy of Windows Home Premium in the link below, just make sure you download the drivers for your wireless card or LAN first so that you will be able to get it online to update and download other drivers. Once you have Windows reinstalled use the serial on the bottom of your laptop to activate it and you should be able to download the rest of the drivers and extra software once you get your laptop back online.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

GottiBoi55
07-26-2012, 01:21 AM

thanks

electric0ant:

if you go to the Asus e-store web site you can buy a "recovery disk set" for your model .

here's the link
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5083

hope the will help, this will rebuild you recovery partition.

Jaru
07-26-2012, 05:01 AM
i deleted my os partition after failed recovery with 5 disc made. - (i still have this dvd)
any idea?

electric0ant
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
i just downloaded the windows 7 iso and did a clean install, I was going to do that anyway. I didn't want to buy the recovery disks, I just wanted to be able to do a factory restore when i sell it.

ngek202
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
same thing happened to me :(

rewben
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM
@ngek202, if you really need the recovery discs, just order it from asus.

however, imo it's better to have a fresh install. you can use windows backup to create a system image for future system recovery.

ngek202
09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
50$ :( too much, so it's in an ISO I could download when i buy them?

rewben
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
@ngek202, i have no idea what form they are in. don't be cruel to yourself. what's done is done :) just let it go and start play some games.

btw, it's fine to to install and run fresh windows you know?

ngek202
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm also thinking of selling this after 2 years :D that's why I need the recovery, but actually fresh install is better though I just started playing a Game and all I can say is it's better than the pre-loaded OS :D.

rewben
09-20-2012, 03:59 PM
yes it's better, haha. about the selling part, i think buyers care about the hardware more than software, if they're really interested.

colpolite
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Fresh clean install is better. Some people even said that you need a Sp1 Windows 7 ISO DVD/USB flash but that's not true.

My legal burned Win764 Home Premium installed perfectly on my new fresh SSD and installed Fresh windows 7 in under 20 min and got all the windows updates and mandatory Asus drivers within 1-2 hours and it's up and running and around 20-30 less processes on task manager than with the factory asus full of bloatwares.

ngek202
09-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Fresh clean install is better. Some people even said that you need a Sp1 Windows 7 ISO DVD/USB flash but that's not true.

My legal burned Win764 Home Premium installed perfectly on my new fresh SSD and installed Fresh windows 7 in under 20 min and got all the windows updates and mandatory Asus drivers within 1-2 hours and it's up and running and around 20-30 less processes on task manager than with the factory asus full of bloatwares.
yes no need for SP1, I did fresh Install too and everything is in perfect condition :D

vicomarquez
01-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Anyone can uploaded your restore sistems ??

Hood1um
01-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Me need too. any one pls help

Hood1um
01-26-2014, 05:23 AM
Sorry for my bad English. I have Recovery partition but not complete. I deleted the boot are so I cant startup recovery. Need files from Recovery partition folder "sources" or img of all partition. Thx