PDA

View Full Version : I want he G75 but they dont let me buy it

pcorreiamd
05-28-2012, 03:33 PM
So my main problem is that in Portugal where I live they have only this model:

G75VW-T1066V

Intel Core i7-3610QM 4x 2.3GHz Turbo-Boost bis zu 3.3 GHz (EDIT: 3720 from retailer below)
16GB DDR3 RAM
750GB 7200rpm + 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5
6x Blu-ray RW
17.3" FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Backlight
GigE/802.11n WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0
4xUSB 3.0 / Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

And I really wanted this one (or equivalent):

USA Newegg G75VW-NS72 - Faster CPU, 16GB mem, Blu-ray burner.

Intel Core i7-3720QM 4x 2.6GHz Turbo-Boost bis zu 3.6 GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
750GB HDD 7200rpm + 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5
Blu-Ray Burner
17.3" FULL HD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlight
GigE/802.11n WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0
4xUSB 3.0 / Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

So I contacted already 3 retailers and they say that the T1066V its all we are gonna have. I tried contacting Asus PT but they only have technical service and couldn't inform me on models... So now what?

1-My country has special keyboard keys which I dont think I will find in another place but still I was considering an English keyboard. But the Processor which I want, as far as I know, is only available in the USA. Is there any way of knowing which models will be available? Should I Import it? And If I had to return it due to defects would it be possible?

2-My friend just bought an M18x with the GTX675M from alienware fully customized even the keyboard. I really wanted to buy the G75VW can anybody tell me how I can do that? Thanks ;)

Arvinaaaaa
05-29-2012, 01:37 AM
looks like you need to buy from the internet bro is you want USA g75vw

pcorreiamd
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah but shipping from the USA is a problem. I was just wondering if anybody knew an European model with the 3720 processor???

chrsplmr
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Why is shipping a problem ? I have received packages from Portugal without issue .. took a bit of time -- like a month..but it came.

The actual difference in cpu's is negligible @ best. (but 'we' understand .. hehe)
What 'other' differences might there be ? Keyboard, OS ... hmmm ?
Best of Luck ... c.

pcorreiamd
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Why is shipping a problem ? I have received packages from Portugal without issue .. took a bit of time -- like a month..but it came.

The actual difference in cpu's is negligible @ best. (but 'we' understand .. hehe)
What 'other' differences might there be ? Keyboard, OS ... hmmm ?
Best of Luck ... c.

Well, Newegg is the only retailer I found (check models list in forum) that sells the 3720 processor with the gtx670, i know it is a small change from the 3610 but for the extra buck it is worth it, but they dont ship internationally . The rest of the computer specs in Portugal are great they are all maxed out plus the portuguese keyboard. If anybody could find me another retailer maybe I would have better luck but from what I can see Newegg is the only one :(

Maybe I will have to buy the 3610 but it makes mad that I cant have another version. I have already started looking for Alienware and MSI equivalents but I am quite fond of Asus. Its my 3rd laptop and I was always happy with them. Everytime I replaced them because I needed better not because they broke.

chrsplmr
05-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Custom shops dont seem to have the 3720 listed .. but post the 3610 as (upgradable) ..
perhaps a custom shop there would be a possible solution..
but does it void the warranty ? is another question. no idea.
and with the 'need' of the portuguese keyboard .. sounds like a 'crap-shoot'
if that could be changed out from another version .. ie U.S....

I would choose the 3610 model over Either of the others you mention.c.

Holy
05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
If a custom shop upgrades the cpu it will not void tge warrenty.

pcorreiamd
05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah keyboard wouldnt be an issue, like I said I dont mind having a Qwerty in English. But having it upgraded just seems like a waste of money even in a custom shop, which I also have no knowledge of. What is strange here is that even Asus says it exists, in all the world we see only one model with it, the NS72. I think I will go with Holy here, the maxed out portuguese version with the 3610 is still the best way to go overall. I will give it a couple of months to see if they release something new and also to check the competition. I was checking the M17x from alienware but even with same specs its a lot more expensive... Thanks

kif
05-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, I'm in Portugal and I bought the exact model you say there is in Portugal. I also looked for some other line up of G75 before buying and I was also told there will be no diferent model in Portugal. Also I think (You must confirm this first) that you can buy the model you want ship if from USA or the country where it sells and then subscribe Asus Global Warranty that gives you warranty in any country including Portugal. This way you will supposedly have no problems getting assistance here, and no need to ship it back or whatever.

Just confirm all this info first with Asus.

Hope it helps.

chrsplmr
05-31-2012, 11:43 PM
What about XoticPc ? Not to endorse any One custom builder .. but thats the one I found
shipping internationally.

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g55vwds71-p-4322.html?wconfigure=yes

Xoticpc Shipping Policy
http://www.xoticpc.com/xoticfaq_new1.php#xpcin

pcorreiamd
06-02-2012, 02:22 AM
What about XoticPc ? Not to endorse any One custom builder .. but thats the one I found
shipping internationally.

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g55vwds71-p-4322.html?wconfigure=yes

Xoticpc Shipping Policy
http://www.xoticpc.com/xoticfaq_new1.php#xpcin

chrsplmr this looked great until I started reading. Yes they ship internationally but payment must always be made before and not on delivery (I dont even know if this company is an official retailer but its not on the ROG list). I dont know how Asus works with warranties but on xoticpc informations they say that I must send the laptop to them and pay the shipping :(. I liked their customization options but then again it looked too good to be true... 32 GB Ram is that even possible on the G75?? Sorry if I sound paranoid but its not the first time I would hear such stories and 2000 usd is a lot of money to gamble with. I appreciate your advice though.

Here is the extract "Xotic PC gladly accepts International Orders. For any International Order (Outside of US/Canada/PR/GU) we require payment via Bank Wire, Check or Money Order. For any Warranty the customer is responsible for shipping both ways to our service center in the US."

pcorreiamd
06-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Well, I'm in Portugal and I bought the exact model you say there is in Portugal. I also looked for some other line up of G75 before buying and I was also told there will be no diferent model in Portugal. Also I think (You must confirm this first) that you can buy the model you want ship if from USA or the country where it sells and then subscribe Asus Global Warranty that gives you warranty in any country including Portugal. This way you will supposedly have no problems getting assistance here, and no need to ship it back or whatever.

Just confirm all this info first with Asus.

Hope it helps.

kif thanks for the info. How are you enjoying the G75? Any problems like some of the other roguers? And If you dont mind me asking, where did you buy it? Thanks

kif
06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
kif thanks for the info. How are you enjoying the G75? Any problems like some of the other roguers? And If you dont mind me asking, where did you buy it? Thanks

I bought it for a resale (from CPCDI) cause my father sells IT equipments. I was gonna buy it from NIPOSOM also a provider of resalers but they also sell to public and have a store in Lisbon.

Now about the computer, I had almost all the problems everyone else has, that why i'm gonna give this one back and ask for a new one.
Graphics spikes (fixed removing McAfee), Bad sound from Sub Woofer (cause it play all sound ranges), Sound sometimes comes out of speakers even with headphones plugged in, The transformer from the charger sometimes makes a lot of noise and thats all.

Despite all these issues I love the machine, quiet overall, great performance, not that heavy ( I carry it around easily with the awsome backpack they offer with the computer here in Portugal, they also offer an awsome Mouse), never heats up, etc
That is the reason why i'm not asking for a refund but just for a new one.

I also know people that had no problem with the computer so I guess I had bad luck, and you have to keep in mind that you see loads of problems here in forum cause only people having problems come here.

In the store I bought mine from, they sold out and I haven't seen anymore portuguese people complaining anywhere yet.

And by the way, just hadding some personal opinion, you don't need more processing power unless you are running really heavy programs, this processor is just very potent.

Good luck with you're buy.

Kif

pcorreiamd
06-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems Kif. I guess I will buy mine in Portugal too just in case I will have to send it back. It could make me a whole lot of troubles if I imported. I just want it to play swtor thats why I wanted the better processor :D. Basically now that I am finished with the university I want my revenge on all the hours I didnt play games :D Thanks

chrsplmr
06-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Well .. the choice is yours my friend. I believe that policy is in place to protect 'them' .. the consumer
in my humble opinion has nothing to fear of them ... other than the shipping international ..
or shudder the thought ... rma expense of shipping. They are making a mark as 'The' premiere
elite laptop customizers ... ripping you off .. would be just stupid. It's not 'JoeNoBody Laptops' or something.

32gb of ram ? for what ? useless. You would be hard pressed to use 16.

pcorreiamd
06-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Well .. the choice is yours my friend. I believe that policy is in place to protect 'them' .. the consumer
in my humble opinion has nothing to fear of them ... other than the shipping international ..
or shudder the thought ... rma expense of shipping. They are making a mark as 'The' premiere
elite laptop customizers ... ripping you off .. would be just stupid. It's not 'JoeNoBody Laptops' or something.

32gb of ram ? for what ? useless. You would be hard pressed to use 16.

I meant no disrespect chrsplmr. I just tried to explain that I am ignorant to these custom shops and that their shipping policy and warranty service policy are not suitable for my needs. If I were living in the US probably would be the place to go but since I am not I prefer to be safe and buy it in Europe. About the 32Gb its an option of customization that they have that Asus says its not possible (up to 16 on the specs) that is all. Thank you again for the trouble of finding one retailer that ships internationally. ;)