PDA

View Full Version : Issues with headphones in my G75

Bigred2989
05-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I just got the G75 yesterday evening and I'm having issues using headphones on it. First there is a lot of white noise and it really loud. I like to have my ear phones in for extended periods of time but that noise almost hurts after awhile. Another problem is that the regular computer speakers still play audio even when I have the headset in sometimes. I have to unplug and replug in the speakers to get them to shut off. Is this a software issue or is the jack on my PC broken?

janmi
05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Pretty much all of the G75 machines have the same problem with the headphones: The speakers stay on even when you use your headphones. Asus has yet to confirm that they will fix this problem. They also have yet to confirm that they will fix the problem with the subwoofer (the problem is that it plays all the sounds, not just low frequency sounds).

There are a lot of people, myself included, that will most certainly not buy this machine before these problems are fixed.

Bigred2989
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Great. Hopefully it's just a software issue and I don't have to send in my PC for repairs or something.

sarfa
05-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I have the same problem with my new G75. It defeats the purpose of headphones when the speakers still play! Is there any workaround to this until ASUS come up with a fix??

kif
05-29-2012, 03:01 AM
I have the same problem with my new G75. It defeats the purpose of headphones when the speakers still play! Is there any workaround to this until ASUS come up with a fix??

You report speakers are playing the sound, are you sure it isn't only the sub woofer?
Most people with the sub woofer playing the sounds even with Headphones plugged, got around the problem by disabling the sub woofer in the sound control option.

Try it.

Hope it helps.

brievolz84
05-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Sarfa, I feel that if you keep the computer plugged in, the sub-woofer problem goes away.

_
05-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Do these updates:

- the latest audio driver : “V6.0.01.10400”
- the latest video driver : “V8.17.12.9644”
- BIOS: “207”

All are available from the product page. The audio driver update alone should fix the speaker/headphone issue.

TheGongshow
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Do these updates:

- the latest audio driver : V6.0.01.10400
- the latest video driver : V8.17.12.9644
- BIOS: 207

All are available from the product page. The audio driver update alone should fix the speaker/headphone issue.

Marshall are these updates available for the G55 as well? I haven't been able to find them.

janmi
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Marshall: Can you tell us what the state is with the subwoofer situation? All the sounds, not just the low frequency sounds, are played through the subwoofer. The sound would be soooo much better, if only the lower frequncies were played through the subwoofer. Here are the options:

1) It will be fixed.
2) It is looked into and may be fixed.
3) It won't be fixed.

Liquidus
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Marshall are these updates available for the G55 as well? I haven't been able to find them.

Only the sound driver from the G75 drivers page works with the ASUS g55, but it DOES not solve the issue. In fact, it does nothing.. to improve it.

I managed to find a work around by uninstalling the drivers and using manual Windows drivers. This allows me to use my headphones without having to worry about the subwoofer playing all the sounds.

JMcClane
10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi, any news on that issue?
The mentioned driver version do not help and they where not updated for moths now.

So if anyone has informatin on that, it will be welcome.

finalhour
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi, any news on that issue?
The mentioned driver version do not help and they where not updated for moths now.

So if anyone has informatin on that, it will be welcome.

I dunno about "moths" but VIA has put out several newer versions of the drivers. You're correct that ASUS never uploaded them to the driver page, dunno why that is, they seem to have a very conservative view of how often people want to update their drivers. The recent via updates are garbage, in fact most of them have been, but there were a few that I got to work back when I had windows 7...

HulkSmash
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi! I had the same problem with the headphones...Actually 2, one sometimes it wouldn't play the sound through the headphones, or when it did, the speakers would still be on. It's working fine now though. I uninstalled all VIA sound drivers, restarted the computer. Installed the VIA 10800 version, and restarted again. After that the audio was still coming out through the speakers. However for some reason, after running an audio application and restarting for a second time after the VIA 10800 driver, the problem was fixed...Not sure why, but hey, it worked...
SO far the best drivers I've ran were 10600 and 10800...10900 kept on turning off the equalizer (which is pretty much a necessity for this computer, if you're picky about audio), and I had to turn it on every time I switched applications. But so far I liked the 10800 better (specially because it fixed my issue...).

HulkSmash
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh, another tip...if your current driver version is working, do yourself a favor and DO NOT upgrade or downgrade. Why fix what isn't broken? That's what got me to have my audio problems the first time. Make sure you read threads on that specific audio driver before upgrade, so you know if there are any issues with it....

tkolarik
11-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Headphone problems, low maximum volume output, subwoofer problems, drivers that can't fix the problems, driver updates that require two reboots to properly install, software that cannot write to speakers without disabling the subwoofer! Lot of problems out there and Asus still failing to acknowledge the problem. It points to a hardware or design problem and acknowledgement would require repair or replacement costing them considerably. The only way to force Asus into action would be for a couple of customers and an attorney to create a Class.

I really wish i had chosen the MSI unit instead, but the G75 looks so much better!

Xenos
11-02-2012, 05:53 AM
@tkolarik
Heh, we're in the same boat... except my second choice is Alienware which was above my budget.
What made me buy g75vw (even tough I know the audio issue) is the cooling system and price...
This issue is one major flaw..... just ..... why?:mad: One step to perfection, yet they miss that one step completely...
Now I can only brag to people about how this beast runs very cool. But once those people know about this issue, they will laugh. That's what make me angry.

Here is another idea for the engineers who probably working for the solution:
If we can't get it right by software then how about a hardware fix? But they say, the hardware is soldered into the mobo (i.e. can't be replaced). Then how about making a second soundcard? This might mean looking for available space left in the laptop and maybe some modding..... so long as that won't cause another problem.....
I wouldn't mind sending my g75vw to be modded in an ASUS service center ..... they can even charge some small fee... Just get serious on this!