PDA

View Full Version : Must read for new G75 owners

khiramoto
05-30-2012, 01:58 AM
I recently encountered a few problems with the G75 laptop with simple solutions that I thought would be helpful, as I noticed a number of other people have experienced them as well.

First is the video lagging while using VLC or Windows Media Player:

This codec pack should fix the video lag http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/KLite-Codec-Pack_64bit/1094057842/5

Next, as others on the board have suggested, uninstall the Asus Live Update application immediately. If it's too late, and you already messed up your USB drivers with the update, there's an easy way to fix it without doing a factory restore. I'm not sure which update did it, but I uninstalled every update until the USB ports were working again.

Hopefully this helps, I was getting pretty frustrated at all the problems that should not come with a $1,500 laptop.

rschauby
05-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Good advice. For those wondering which Asus Bloatware you can remove, the ONLY necessary Asus programs to keep are:

Asus Power4Gear Hybrid (manages power profiles)
ATK Package (keyboard and FN shortcuts)

Delete everything else! Asus seems to have pre-installed Winflash, a BIOS flashing utility, but you would be a fool to flash from Windows (99% of people who brick their computers were using a flashing utility in windows).

kiba
05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
like i said in the other thread, really good advice, seems like you saved me a headache by removing liveupdate with the rest of the bloatware i didnt need.

Arvinaaaaa
05-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Good advice. For those wondering which Asus Bloatware you can remove, the ONLY necessary Asus programs to keep are:

Asus Power4Gear Hybrid (manages power profiles)
ATK Package (keyboard and FN shortcuts)

Delete everything else! Asus seems to have pre-installed Winflash, a BIOS flashing utility, but you would be a fool to flash from Windows (99% of people who brick their computers were using a flashing utility in windows).

bro , please look at this link and advice..thank you,,it is regarding the useless bloatwares