PDA

View Full Version : Intel SSD and the 25 Gig "recovery partition"

crix0r
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Hello All -

I recently snagged a G75VW-BBK5 from Best Buy, along with 8 more gigs of ram and an Intel 520 Series 120 GB SSD. I used the three recovery DVD's to do the install from on the SSD.

However, I noticed that the recovery DVD's created a 25 gig partition that I'd rather do with out, if possible. So, is it OK to delete that partition and then recoup that space?

Thanks,
Jason

john_from_ohio
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes you can delete the partition ... only thing you will miss is the ability to hit F9 on a boot and restore from it.

Also possible to minimize the size of that partition though and make your OS partition larger ... I used MiniTool Partition Wizard 7.1 ( free for home use ) to shrink mine down to 10 gb.

Not sure why exactly I still want it around on my SSD but my 520 is 180 gb in size ...

dstrakele
06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
The Recovery DVD's created by the ASUS Ai Recovery utility, will recreate the ASUS Factory 25 GB Recovery partition on a new HDD, so it's a good idea to make them before deleting the partition (you may even want to test that they were successfully burned).

john_from_ohio
06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
(you may even want to test that they were successfully burned).

OP already noted " I used the three recovery DVD's to do the install from on the SSD. " ...

crix0r
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
OP already noted " I used the three recovery DVD's to do the install from on the SSD. " ...

Yep, with my "I've not yet had my coffee" type-o included :)

I have two sets of the recovery DVD's, just in case. Thanks for the replies. I'm going to use a bootable USB key with GParted on it to resize the partition. Actually, I believe I can use the Disk Manager from inside Windows 7.

- Jason