PDA

View Full Version : G75 Display Port Output

Shooby
06-04-2012, 02:41 AM
High all,
Just wanted to know if anyone else has had issues with getting any output recognised by the Mini Display Port on the G75's.
I'm wanting to output to my 27" Samsung 120Hz , I know this all works ok as I've used the display and cable from my Lenovo (work Lappy) and it outputs at 120Hz.
Thus far the new G75 refuses to output at all. The HDMI works ok and outputs to the monitor but is obviously incapable of 120Hz due to bandwidth limitations.
Am I missing something, I 've tried to cycle through the displays no luck.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm a little disapointed as this is my 3rd ASUS notebook and I use the MoBo's in my desktops exclusivley.

MIncan
06-04-2012, 03:10 AM
I am very disappointed with the HDMI output. When I connect to the 51" Plasma it outputs at 1080p but I then have to adjust the resolution because it scales off the screen with the taskbar, etc. Also when I plug something intothe HDMI port MY WIRELESS ADAPTER malfunctions and disables itself and the only way to turn it back on is to restart the laptop without the HDMI plugged in. And yea, only 60Hz, which is bull****, and the text is UNREADABLE.

This is a dealbreaker, I cannot wait past my 14 day window to get a refund on this computer if I cant even connect to wireless while outputting to a large display. ITs a freakin Desktop replacement ffs.

ASUS sucks it seems. So does HP... who the hell to go to for a good machine? Should have listened to my uncle and went with Toshiba.

Shooby
06-04-2012, 03:51 AM
I've had a number of N-Series ASUS with no issues, which is why I was tempted when the G75 listed with the Display Port.
If I cant resolve this i'll be forced to Jump ship and move tot he new Samsung offering which looks very very well spec'd and has a full size display port and I can pretty much guarantee will work as advertised.
Surely however this is not the case and I'm just missing some simple step.
Who adds a Display Port and advertises it if it doesnt adctually work:eek: