PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 pro $14.99?

Daylife
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if the people that bought the new G75 will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99? Do any of you have any info on that?

Praz
06-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Win8 upgrade info linked below.

https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/ProgramInfo

Arvinaaaaa
06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if the people that bought the new G75 will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99? Do any of you have any info on that?
you saw that offer in the lenovo website did you? :P

Praz
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I first saw it the other day at Microsoft's website when the offer was announced. As a Microsoft business partner I received an email about the offer.The link I provided goes to Microsoft's site.

Daylife
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
blah that sucks! i thought i qould get lucky lol.

john_from_ohio
06-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Looks like anyone qualifies that has a purchase date starting with June 2nd 2012 ... some people may be able to stage a "return/repurchase" of their existing machine with their retailer to move their purchase date into the qualifying period.

m3rcer
06-07-2012, 08:32 PM
LOL I should have waited another week! I got mine on 5/29. However, I did do a price match on the 3rd because the price on the G75 dropped from $1299 to $1249 (locally anyway). Maybe MS will buy that. Couldn't hurt to try.

john_from_ohio
06-07-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL I should have waited another week!.

My empty box and receipt went into best buy today and back out 5 minutes later. An exchange receipt now dated 6/7/2012 from best buy that includes notice that I qualify for the windows 8 upgrade.

m3rcer
06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
My empty box and receipt went into best buy today and back out 5 minutes later. An exchange receipt now dated 6/7/2012 from best buy that includes notice that I qualify for the windows 8 upgrade.

No kidding. You just told them you wanted to qualify for the upgrade or what?

Holy
06-07-2012, 09:25 PM
lol sad thing is the windows 8 is probably gonna flop.

john_from_ohio
06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
No kidding. You just told them you wanted to qualify for the upgrade or what?

Pretty much ... you start by being nice and explaining you are within the return date range ... you have the receipt and empty box ... you want to exchange and get a newly dated receipt and keep your existing system.

From best buy's point of view ... a polite customer not wanting to return a system ... just spent a bunch of money with them ... sure why not?

Holy
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
actually this works pretty well my brother and i did this with his g73 to get a free Xbox lol

waynes26
06-07-2012, 11:11 PM
This is good news, I just brought mine yesterday.:)

m3rcer
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Pretty much ... you start by being nice and explaining you are within the return date range ... you have the receipt and empty box ... you want to exchange and get a newly dated receipt and keep your existing system.

From best buy's point of view ... a polite customer not wanting to return a system ... just spent a bunch of money with them ... sure why not?

Hmm... okay, well I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Thanks.

Arvinaaaaa
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
damn it..i bought mine on the 1st june and written in the receipt......damn damn damn

john_from_ohio
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
damn it..i bought mine on the 1st june and written in the receipt......damn damn damn

What store or retailer and what is their return policy? If within return policy try ( very politely ) to negotiate an "fake exchange ( return/repurchase ) at same dollar amount" to get a correctly dated receipt.

Arvinaaaaa
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM
What store or retailer and what is their return policy? If within return policy try ( very politely ) to negotiate an "fake exchange ( return/repurchase ) at same dollar amount" to get a correctly dated receipt.
is this offer from USA citizens only? this is because im from malaysia( the other side of the world in asia)..the seller has agreed to change the date..but i need to know whether this offer is for the world world of america only.thanks

Arvinaaaaa
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
What store or retailer and what is their return policy? If within return policy try ( very politely ) to negotiate an "fake exchange ( return/repurchase ) at same dollar amount" to get a correctly dated receipt.\

I HAVE A GREAT FEELING that microsoft is not stupid and they will ignore all receipts( because they know people might fake it)..i think they will take the current windows 7 serial key to verify the date..note that each serial key has information on the date of installation of windows 7 in a pc..tht is just my opinion...but i already have an eligible receipt..lets see what microsoft does

m3rcer
06-11-2012, 02:43 AM
\

I HAVE A GREAT FEELING that microsoft is not stupid and they will ignore all receipts( because they know people might fake it)..i think they will take the current windows 7 serial key to verify the date..note that each serial key has information on the date of installation of windows 7 in a pc..tht is just my opinion...but i already have an eligible receipt..lets see what microsoft does

You may well be right regarding the Win7 Serial key activation date - However, I did today what John did and got the exchange receipt from Best Buy. The updated date is now 6/3/2012, which is the date I went back and got my price match.
Now right on the new receipt is printed:
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
"The following product qualifies for WIndows 8 upgrade offer:
G75VW-BBK5/INTELCOREI7-3610QM/

Please visit www.windowsupgradeoffer.com to register for Windows 8 upgrade offer
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

I'm pretty confident the deal will work. It definitely won't hurt to try.

electric0ant
06-11-2012, 03:53 AM
\

NO NO NO

the windows 7 activation date has nothing to do with the date you purchased it. computers from manufacturers all have a special key which is tied to their image of windows 7 which is preactivated and preloaded onto the computer. use a checker and you will find that the windows 7 serial on a new computer does not match the serial on the sticker on the bottom of your laptop.

Any windows 7 computers bought from 2nd june are eligible. meaning even computers which have been sitting on a shelf for the past 6 months if you buy it within the eligible period.

Also this time they are chaing $14.99 for the upgrade, with windows 7 they gave it away for free. They already have the Windows 7 licensing fee from the manufacturers and now they are essentially letting you get a cheap win 8 upgrade which is pretty much at no extra cost to them.

Arvinaaaaa
06-11-2012, 04:04 AM
NO NO NO

the windows 7 activation date has nothing to do with the date you purchased it. computers from manufacturers all have a special key which is tied to their image of windows 7 which is preactivated and preloaded onto the computer. use a checker and you will find that the windows 7 serial on a new computer does not match the serial on the sticker on the bottom of your laptop.

Any windows 7 computers bought from 2nd june are eligible. meaning even computers which have been sitting on a shelf for the past 6 months if you buy it within the eligible period.

Also this time they are chaing $14.99 for the upgrade, with windows 7 they gave it away for free. They already have the Windows 7 licensing fee from the manufacturers and now they are essentially letting you get a cheap win 8 upgrade which is pretty much at no extra cost to them.

thank you..looks like im eligible for windows 8..yes!!

Schrodinger
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
mfw you guys are going out of your way for windows 8... and it's not even free

Arvinaaaaa
06-14-2012, 06:16 AM
mfw you guys are going out of your way for windows 8... and it's not even free
it is cheap, much cheaper during promotional time :)

KuUuUn
06-14-2012, 08:05 AM
NO NO NO

So it depends on the date you first boot your laptop?

waynes26
06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
So it depends on the date you first boot your laptop?

No it is based on the day you brought your laptop, check your invoice.