PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a confirmation from Asus Mods/Admins

psyside
06-07-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm a big fan of ROG products.

Where i live the a avilability is very, very little for ROG products.

But there is one thing whch made me happy some days ago. In one video on Newegg channel, about GTX680 DCII TOP overclocking guide, your technician Jay Jay said that from that point, Asus will no longer produce any reference GTX670/680 cards, only TOP and DCII.

What this means, is that in my coutnry, the next cards which would arrive from retailers, will be DCII/TOP for sure, is this true or not? please confirm!

I'm about to buy other card if this is not true, because the retailers here very rare offer non reference models and order is also out of question if you dont agree to buy at least 5 cards! i can wait if this is true and you guys confirm this! thanks!

Praz
06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
If that is what JJ said I would believe it.

psyside
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Well lol! there are to many videos with GTX680 DCII on youtube, i tough it was Newegg video, but now 'im not sure :(

I cant find it lol!

Can you guys please ask the HQ? thanks in advance.

Sarg_Scorpio
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
ASUS gives no advise here lol, if he said it prob lol... maybe the forum mods know ??? but doubt they will get any word from ASUS

Praz
06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
ASUS gives no advise here lol, if he said it prob lol... maybe the forum mods know ??? but doubt they will get any word from ASUS
Where did I say "probably"? The OP wrote that JJ said it in a video and I replied if that is what JJ said it should be believed. As JJ works for ASUS the second part of your post also makes little sense.

psyside
06-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Ye Praz never said anything like that lets stay on topic please.

Praz, could you please ask the HQ if you can and give us an answer? its not like i'm asking something which is not for public right? :)

Really sorry to bother you, but i cant find the video, and now im starting to think that i imagined that part....because i watched that video half asleep in 2 am in the morning lol! :D

Praz
06-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Just checked with JJ and your info is correct. As of now ASUS is only producing non-reference 670 and 680 video cards. Keep in mid though that there may still be some reference design 680 cards in the retail channel.

_
06-08-2012, 04:04 AM
If JJ said so then I'd strongly expect this to be true. Differentiation builds brand and our DCIIs have had great recognition from media.

psyside
06-10-2012, 04:29 PM
*UCK YEAH!

So now chances are there will be DCII cards in stock where i live! thanks guys rep+ to both.