PDA

View Full Version : G55 off - power on

Mr. G
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
When I turn off my G55 it still supplies my USB HD (I have an internal SSD) with power until I remove the net cable. Is there any way to make the computer not giving USB devices power when I turn it off?

dstrakele
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
If you have the Ai Charger Plus utility, try turning off charging or configuring it to charge only when the laptop is ON. Alternatively, you may be able to disable "USB Charging" in the BIOS.

Mr. G
06-08-2012, 06:13 AM
If you have the Ai Charger Plus utility, try turning off charging or configuring it to charge only when the laptop is ON. Alternatively, you may be able to disable "USB Charging" in the BIOS.

The fist hint does not work and there is no such setting in BIOS :(

electric0ant
06-08-2012, 07:39 AM
this doesn't seem to make sense, so the G55 will supply power to your usb hard drive when turned off until you unplug the ethernet cable? or do you mean the power cable?

There is an option for usb charging in the bios. dig around in the menus, and the exact words for the settings might not be "usb charging" i am not sure.

Mr. G
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
this doesn't seem to make sense, so the G55 will supply power to your usb hard drive when turned off until you unplug the ethernet cable? or do you mean the power cable?

There is an option for usb charging in the bios. dig around in the menus, and the exact words for the settings might not be "usb charging" i am not sure.

Oh, I mean the power cable, sorry I made a hasty direct translation from Swedish to English. :)

I will dig again then. Thanks!