PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-TS72 with random BSOD...

MPelissari
06-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello!

Im very new to the forum, and also to a rog type gaming laptop, i have recently purchase in a compusa shop a G75VW-TS72, on the secound day saw some updates avalible on Asus Update, after the update had some issues with the usb 3 ports nothing were working after the updates, so i tried to uninstall the driver (from the CD that came with it) and reinstall, no success, so i used the last know good configuration, every thing came back working, but short after i was getting randoms BSOD, so today i have tried to re-install Win 7, but as soon as i started to instal the usb driver and others BSOD again, and always with the same message, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,some of the BSOD is very random there are some days that doesnt even happen, temperature is great, monitoring with real temp in the background while play or doing any thing else, have tried everything that i know, my only detail is i cannot return to the store for a new one since im currently living in Brazil... i will now try to install the updated drivers avalible in asus website... any tips?

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Was the Intel Chipset driver version 9.3.0.1020 the first driver you installed after the Windows 7 installation?

Jae Hoon
06-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi

After doing update today, all the USB ports are not working at all!, nothing is detected.

I downloaded the USB drivers drom ASUS support site. It says the install y complete and must restart. After doing this nothing change the situation

ASUS, shame on updates. It seems give more problems than solutions.

Sorry guys for this sad-like comment but i am getting disappointed of ASUS. First time i bought, i mean i spent not a small money and i expected more respect to customers not giving this kind of problems.

Hehe, sorry again, this not the forum, btw great machine but lacks support.

Any other ideas?

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 11:05 PM
@Jae - Did you try a Windows System Restore to a Restore Point before the ASUS Live Update? That should undo the changes that caused your USB issue.

john_from_ohio
06-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello!

Im very new to the forum, and also to a rog type gaming laptop, i have recently purchase in a compusa shop a G75VW-TS72, on the secound day saw some updates avalible on Asus Update, after the update had some issues with the usb 3 ports nothing were working after the updates, so i tried to uninstall the driver (from the CD that came with it) and reinstall, no success, so i used the last know good configuration, every thing came back working, but short after i was getting randoms BSOD, so today i have tried to re-install Win 7, but as soon as i started to instal the usb driver and others BSOD again, and always with the same message, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,some of the BSOD is very random there are some days that doesnt even happen, temperature is great, monitoring with real temp in the background while play or doing any thing else, have tried everything that i know, my only detail is i cannot return to the store for a new one since im currently living in Brazil... i will now try to install the updated drivers avalible in asus website... any tips?

I would suggest restoring your system to the factory default ( F9 on a restart ... or is it F8 ) and then immediately turn off "uninstall" asus live update ... do the update ONLY to the latest asus recovery utility and then burn your self a set of recovery disks.

Some really really bad things happen when using the asus live update program apparently ... protect yourself against it!

MPelissari
06-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Was the Intel Chipset driver version 9.3.0.1020 the first driver you installed after the Windows 7 installation?

not with that version, i have installed the one that comes with the computer on the CD Driver, since im on my 3 windows re-install today, i will try with that version to see if that helps, also noted with a fresh start up my CPU usage goes to 100% some times, im installing windows 7 ultimate with no service pack, im trying to get a new ISO with a service pack 1 already installed, since my win 7 ult is very old... i will try and keep posted... thanks for the help, no drivers no BSOD with driver start getting BSOD... too strange...

MPelissari
06-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi

After doing update today, all the USB ports are not working at all!, nothing is detected.

I downloaded the USB drivers drom ASUS support site. It says the install y complete and must restart. After doing this nothing change the situation

ASUS, shame on updates. It seems give more problems than solutions.

Sorry guys for this sad-like comment but i am getting disappointed of ASUS. First time i bought, i mean i spent not a small money and i expected more respect to customers not giving this kind of problems.

Hehe, sorry again, this not the forum, btw great machine but lacks support.

Any other ideas?

I had the same problem, but i did that with my when i first got the laptop, now build up some other problems, try using the last know good configuration prior to the usb update, it should work....

john_from_ohio
06-09-2012, 11:42 PM
not with that version, i have installed the one that comes with the computer on the CD Driver, since im on my 3 windows re-install today, i will try with that version to see if that helps, also noted with a fresh start up my CPU usage goes to 100% some times, im installing windows 7 ultimate with no service pack, im trying to get a new ISO with a service pack 1 already installed, since my win 7 ult is very old... i will try and keep posted... thanks for the help, no drivers no BSOD with driver start getting BSOD... too strange...

Personally I would recommend recovering your system first then turning off asus live update then doing the upgrade to Windows ultimate ... along with burning a set of recovery DVDs ...

MPelissari
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Personally I would recommend recovering your system first then turning off asus live update then doing the upgrade to Windows ultimate ... along with burning a set of recovery DVDs ...

well, the option of recovering the system with the partion that asus created wont be possible since i have re-did the partion to only one hard drive, i could burn the 4 dvds that i first did, then restore, since im not with the 1tb hard drive. i will try the fresh install using the latest chipset driver then i will go for that... i will keep posted... thanks for the help...

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 11:51 PM
@MPelissari - The lack of SP1 in your Windows 7 installation may be the cause of your BSOD's.

MPelissari
06-10-2012, 01:49 AM
@MPelissari - The lack of SP1 in your Windows 7 installation may be the cause of your BSOD's.

in fact it were, no BSOD so far has been running for over 1 hour after all driver installation and updates now updating windows, thanks a lot for the help, and all started with just a usb 3 update ... thanks a lot!!! Got a long download list for the games...

Best regards!!!

MPelissari
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
After 3 days running for a few hours every day and playing Diablo 3 up to Act 2, for the 3 time now i'm getting almost to a freeze in my win 7 ultimate , the game freezes, when i'm about to get a freeze point i was able to minimize the game i could see for the secound time the CPU usage go up to 100%, i have no overclock on my system, i'm now running win 7 ultimate fully updated up to yesterday, running Kaspersky as my virus protection, then with a 100 % cpu usage the only thing that i could run is the task manager, then i see program called System using 99% of cpu since this is the base of the operation system, and then since it takes more then 30 minutes for just closing a program, i'm forced to hard re-boot.... I can see that the temperature also goes high, but i can not see the valie at that time since almost nothing working... Any tips?

MPelissari
06-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I tough it might be the GPU, so i ran Furmark on both default (1280x720) and native (1920x1080) resolution settings on the furmark, but no problem at all, my normal working temp is around 42 - 45 on a normal 35 degrees C hot day, and my maximum was up to 82 degree C, while playing game goes some times up to 75 or something, so might be the CPU, how can i test the CPU?

dstrakele
06-14-2012, 11:25 PM
1) Microsoft released a slug of Windows Updates for Win 7 recently. Any chance your problems started after they were installed? If so, using Windows System Restore to undo the updates would be a worthwhile troubleshooting step.

2) Do you get 100% CPU Utilization ONLY when playing Diablo 3? You see a lot of folks having trouble with this game...

3) Besides, Kapersky, what other Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, or Disk Management software have you installed to Windows Ultimate? The drivers in these software types are the usual suspects in freezes, lockups, and BSOD's. Uninstalling them one at a time, REBOOTING (YES, REBOOTING), and attempting to reproduce a freeze is a troubleshooting strategy.

4) Do the Errors or Warnings in the System or Application Event Logs point to a troubleshooting direction?

MPelissari
06-15-2012, 12:53 AM
dstrakele,

One great thing is, no more BSOD, only this problem with the usage of CPU and Ultra slow during this period

1 - Since my first problem with the BSOD i did a full instalation windows so i have updated all at once, all possible updates from windows updated. Since then i have turn off just in case.

2 - No, it happens just while surffing or doing any thing, but only happens if i play something, for example just know i'm using without playing any thing, but if i play for some hours or minutes, then during or even after happens, i normaly have the taskmanager open now to monitor, since i keep looking at it, i see the usage climing 5,10,30,50,70,80, 99% then "freezes", i doesn't really complete freeze, every thing start to go Ultra Slow, since i have all the CPU usage for only the Kernel (System) as it idicates on the taskmanager.

3 - Besides the Kaspersky that manage my firewall, anti-virus since it is a pure 2.0 version, the only other thing that i have is teamviewer, but i have being using that for a long time and no problems, i can easly remove.

the good thing is, i have done the Stress test with the furmark for the GPU, and also did some test with prime95 for the cpu just to see if it would response ok.

it is very strange from time to time the use starts to go high, then tempeture also starts to go high... then 99%... then i'm forcend to reboot or wait like 2 hours to do a normal restart...

dstrakele
06-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx) can help you track down the process or thread that is tying up your CPU.

No response for checking your System and Application Event Logs? Sometimes the answer is right there if you're a good detective - but ya gotta look to find it!

Is this 100% CPU Utilization happening on resume from sleep or hibernation?

MPelissari
06-17-2012, 03:02 AM
dstrakele,

1 - Forgot to post about the System and Application Events log: On the System i got some Information Events such as "Service Control Manager" saying that "The Application Experience Service entered the Stopped State" Log name: System, Event ID 7036.... and my bib problem is this System why does the Kernel or the main part of my operation system is trying to use 100% of CPU, then for Aplication i get a error just secounds after this system event i get ERRO Application Hang, "THe program DIablo 3.exe version 1.0.2.9991 stopped interacting with windows and was closed" but this 100% cpu usage some times just happens if i boot up the laptop,

2 - No, i have the Sleep and hibernation off when i plug in to a source power, some times happens during a long time playing a game, some times just when i boot the pc, others while surfing... i have downloaded the Process Explorer i will be monitoring since now i can see what System on the main process tab is running and will try to troubleshoot if happens again, the thing is some days takes a long time to happen, then after 1 or 2 hard-reboot it runs nice as it should...

MPelissari
06-17-2012, 09:40 PM
dstrakele,

Also noted one thing should i have installed my windows direct with the service pack 1, or install windows then updated the service pack, since i did on this order Windows ult, then drivers, then service pack 1 and all other windows update, should i have downloaded a img that would install my win ult direct to sp1 and then drivers then other updates?

one other thing since you mentioned other programs running, i have disable the Teaviewer to start on windows start up, don't know if it is related or not but, since yesterday no cpu problems... i will play some Diablo 3 to see if i will get with in some hours... and keep posted.

thanks again...

dstrakele
06-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking as long as you installed SP1 and the post-SP1 Windows Updates, you should be okay.

I'm not certain, but some applications may startup their kernel mode drivers even if the program itself is not launched at startup. Since the driver conflict is what results in the problem, you can only be certain if you've uninstalled the suspect program.

It may also be worthwhile to check if the Akamai download manager plug-in is installed to your browser (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17281-Warning-ASUS-Akamai-Web-Interface-causing-choppy-Audio-Graphics-on-G75).

MPelissari
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
dstrakele,

I have checked for this Akamai Download Manager plug-in both firefox and internet explorer, no present.

i have being running for 2 days now without any problem, hope everything stays as it is... have being playing Diablo 3 for the past 2 hours no problem at all, no lag, no freezing, no cuttings... as i'm used too with my old system this one is from out of space... working great... thanks again for the help... best reagards on the support!

MPelissari
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I have BSOD again comeing up and also the CPU high usage, so i have started to do some reserach, and found many information that might help me, but no very hardcore user so i need some help, found some many people with new laptop with the same problem that i have, and all of them got fixed, some of them fixed thru updating driver ( my problem is i don't know which one is causing this on my system) some or power issue with the cpu, so i have found some programs that help me monitor my system, one is the process Explorer that dstrakele told me to download then i finaly found that the System.exe was running the "Interrupts (controling the hardware interrupts and dpcs) and smss.exe(Windows Session Manager)" found that i can not kill this process durring the high use of cpu or i would get that BSOD, then found another program that monitor these DPCs LantencyMon and my brand new G75 is showing "Your system appears to be having toruble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appering as dropouts, clicks or pops. one or more dpc routines executed by a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. in case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get a better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and Bios Setup. Check for Bios update.", ok disable the network adpater and i did got better results, but no updated for the driver that i have, so i have to use what i got, i will try to uninstall and install it again to see if it helps, but what may big thing is this power management, since i know that this I7 processor have this option, it tells to try to disable and see if it helps, tells me to go to control panel and do this, but how? i tried to google it, but it only tells me to put my power management to high performance, but i'm using that since my very first day, also tells me to do this on the bios and mentioned to "Disable Enhanced Intel Speedstep (EIST) under your BIOS" is this safe to do? the other thing is found other users telling that they have the same problem that i have and after the problem when they force the hard reboot the laptop it all works fine untill the next power off of the laptop, and that is true for me, after it happens i do the hard reboot my only option since i get to a freeze stage, then i can play as long as i don't turn off and on my laptop, but this is no life for my new g75.... :-( sorry this is verrrrry long post, but i have to tell all the details... i have High ISR Counts on USBPORT.SYS, HECIx64.SYS, dxgkrnl.sys, i8042prt.sys,hdaudbus.sys and ACPI.sys... and on DPC Count i have high counts on iaStor.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, ndis.sys, isub3xhc.sys and tcpip.sys.... what is these ISR? and DPC? Please help....

MPelissari
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Also found on the tab of the LatencyMon that the driver with the highest DPC execution 2.125604 (ms) is the iaStor.sys this drive is the Intel Rapid Storage Tecnology Driver X64....

dstrakele
06-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Try uninstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.

MPelissari
06-24-2012, 03:23 AM
hum... very strange, can't find it under the programs files, can't find it on the services, can't find it under the programs and features to remove, but i know it is running since the LantencyMon is showing it, it could be that was bad install, tried to re-install ... but still no efect can't find it... is there any removal tool for this?

MPelissari
06-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Never mind, went to device manager, then found it under my IDE ATA / ATAPI Controllers... have now uninstall it... dpc and isr seems to be fine, now only have high count on the nvidia driver... but for that can't do any thing until the next nvidia driver update comes out... now how about this CPU throttling settings, done on the control panel side, but can't find any thing on the bios can i disable this some where else...? or should i leave it like it is...?

note: Have also unistall the doemon tools from my system... read something about the virtual drivers causing lag / spikes under win 7 64bit...

dstrakele
06-25-2012, 04:14 AM
For CPU Throttling issues, you can try ThrottleStop. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it&country=&status=

I don't believe anyone has posted a modified BIOS (which will void your ASUS Warranty if you flash it) to eliminate CPU Throttling on the G75 yet, but I have spent zero time looking for it.

MPelissari
06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
dstrakele, i don't want to do any thing that might void the warranty, i have being running DPC Lantency Checker v1.3.0 for a while now, no yellow and red at all, just green now, my problem seems to be random and it depends when i boot up the laptop, very strange some times boots up perfectly no error after it completes and some times i get the high cpu usage... i downloaded the Throttlestop to see if i could get a better performance, i have disable only the turbo function but it is still throttles i would like to see if i could get it to work constanly at 2.3 ghz... any other clues for me to try to find the source of this random high usage of cpu...? also noted that many users on the post http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14960-G75VW-random-audio-and-graphics-spike&country=&status= has reported to be playing a game ang being getting a random blackscreen or colored screen during the play time, i'm also getting this during a high load on the GPU while playing diablo 3 for example, should i try to update to this beta 304.48 that Nvidia has released? it is state that has significant improvements on many games... ? I love this laptop, and a have spend alot of my savings to get... any other advice?

dstrakele
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I would give 304.48 a try.

I would use Process Explorer to try and find the source of high CPU utilization.

MPelissari
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok, i will try it out soon, should i do a Clean install or install normaly ?

for the process Explorrer it only shows that System is using high load but it doesn't show where, i'm trying to catch it thru Lantency Monitor also to see if i can identify witch one is causing this high load...

dstrakele
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I ALWAYS recommend a clean install from Safe Mode for video drivers. ALWAYS

I believe it is important to install from Safe Mode to disable other running drivers (such as Antivirus) that may interfere with the video driver installation.

MPelissari
06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
OK! I will do that today, i'm buying a SSD 128gb Sata 3 should arrive with in 2 weeks, can i do Ghost to this new drive? or should i better install everything fresh, since i asked before i installed win 7 ult then sp1 then drivers, so i could install this new ssd get a new image for win 7 ult with sp1 already, install, then should i install every driver on the safe mode or only the video?

2 - A latency spike during a opening of a program or a game only one is it ok? or i should have any thing at all?

dstrakele
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
The Intel Chipset drivers will not let you install them in Safe Mode. But aside from that exception, I install all the other drivers from Safe Mode. I install the drivers one at a time, rebooting after each installation.

I'll let you decide how you'll get Windows 7 installed to your new SSD. I'm sure others who've already performed this upgrade can help you with whatever method you choose.

I used to not worry about latency spikes on launching a program, but that was how McAfee Antivirus was identified as a culprit on video and audio corruption on G75 systems. So it CAN be a useful troubleshooting step.

MPelissari
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
No problem at all, i will do this then i will install the new SSD on the first slot put the other one on the secound, install windows 7 ult sp1 fresh install, then install the intel chipset drivers, then do all the rest on the safe mode and for the rebooting i always let it reboot every time... i will keep doing that, for the Intel Rapid Storage should i install within this new installation? since i asked a friend to bring the ssd from Usa for me so it might be a Intel one from best buy or so.... and after some days i will post what is happing if i'm still geting the random cpu high usage spikes again...

dstrakele
06-27-2012, 09:56 PM
IASTOR.SYS of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver has been linked to high CPU utilization on Resume from Sleep/Hibernate, leading to a system lockup (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11409-G74SX-Freezes-shortly-after-sleep-hibernate&p=92434&viewfull=1#post92434 to the end of the thread.

Since you report high cpu utilization, I'd hold off installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology for a year or two, just to see how your system performs without it...

MPelissari
06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Decided then... with in the 2 weeks delivery i will do everything again without the Intel Rapid Storage Tech. Driver... hope every thing works great... will post update soon... thanks once again...

MPelissari
06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Well it has been 3 days since my last post, so far i have only updated the video card driver to the beta Nvidia driver... and no issue so far fingers are crossed!!! i haven't disable the Nvidia HD Audio... yet... only the Bluetooth.... and every thing is smoother!!! Hope stays like that.!!!

MPelissari
07-20-2012, 09:21 PM
dstrakele, I give up, i have tried everything that i could think, either it is defected or i have a major problem my self.... what should i do next? open a Ticket with Asus? since i'm in Brazil i can't go back to USA to exchange....

On Thu 7/19/2012 7:45:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Thu 7/12/2012 3:54:31 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Thu 7/12/2012 2:25:24 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Thu 7/12/2012 2:23:34 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Sun 6/24/2012 9:00:26 PM GMT your computer crashed
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Fri 6/15/2012 11:39:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

On Thu 6/14/2012 4:13:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

And now for example i'm using the laptop right now, but before i had 3 problems with the CPU going to 100%, and to do Hard reboot, and if i don't turn it off it will work verynice.... i just love this laptop, took me 1 year saving.... please help.... any other ideas?

dstrakele
07-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear you continue to be plagued by BSOD's... What exactly were you doing on 7/12, when you had 2 STOP 0xA BSOD's less than 2 minutes apart (and at 2:20 in the morning!), and then another one about an hour and twenty minutes later? Were you up so early that morning testing out your new SSD? I'd think it would have to be installed to allow you to reboot so quickly and BSOD again... ;>{)>

I see your BSOD's changed from other types to just STOP 0xA IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL starting at 7/12. Unfortunately, a STOP 0xA is one of the most generic memory corruption type of BSOD's you can get. As Microsoft says "This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software. "

In other words, just about anything...

NTOSKRNL.EXE is likely the victim in these BSOD's, being passed corrupt data from some other driver. I think it would be useful to use WhoCrashed from Resplendence (http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed/) to get some more information about these BSOD's, specifically, what module is referenced prior to NTOSKRNL.EXE. I've never used it, but I believe it gives you a list of I/O that took place prior to the STOP when NTOSKRNL handled the data. The names in that list may give us a lead on what device driver or program to troubleshoot.

I know you use Kaspersky Antivirus and Firewall, but it would be useful to have a list of ALL programs and utilities you've installed to your system - a list of suspects, so to speak...

Shawnnepc
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM
dstrakele, I give up, i have tried everything that i could think, either it is defected or i have a major problem my self.... what should i do next? open a Ticket with Asus? since i'm in Brazil i can't go back to USA to exchange....

On Thu 7/19/2012 7:45:46 PM GMT your computer crashed

On Thu 7/12/2012 3:54:31 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Thu 7/12/2012 2:25:24 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Thu 7/12/2012 2:23:34 AM GMT your computer crashed

On Sun 6/24/2012 9:00:26 PM GMT your computer crashed
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Fri 6/15/2012 11:39:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

On Thu 6/14/2012 4:13:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

And now for example i'm using the laptop right now, but before i had 3 problems with the CPU going to 100%, and to do Hard reboot, and if i don't turn it off it will work verynice.... i just love this laptop, took me 1 year saving.... please help.... any other ideas?

Zip your minidumps located in C:/Windows/Minidump

E-mail me the zip : SHAWN AT NETEFFECTSPC dot COM

I will take a look at them to pinpoint which driver is giving you trouble.

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 12:19 AM
dstrakele,

1- the SSD has not been installed yet, had a problem on the delivery and now only within 28 days..., so i'm still with the defaut hardwares...

for the time, i'm back from a vacation, i was going to play diablo 3 at that time and could not because of the BSOD and the High CPU Load... well the program that i have used for troubleshooting those BSOD was WhoCrashed, i can post the complete details but the only thing that keeps saying is " On Thu 7/19/2012 7:45:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFB80108C52D0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000312B35F)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

"

since i don't know which driver is the cause, for the programs that i have here is a list:

adobe flash player 11 activex
adobe flash palyer 11 plugin
adobe reader x 10.1.3
alcor micro usb card reader
apple application support
apple mobile device support
apple software update
athereos bluetooth suit (64)
Athereos communications inc
Atheros Driver Installation Program
ATK Packege
Bitcomet 1.32 64 bits.
Bonjour
Combined community Codec pack 2011-11-11
Cute PDF Editor Toolbar
Cute PDF Editor Toolbar updater
cute pdf writer 3.0
daemon tools lite
fallout 3
farcry 2
geeks3d.com furmark 1.10.1
intel manageablility engine firmware recovery agent
intel management engine componets
intetel trusted connect sevice client
Intel usb 3.0 extensible host controller driver
itunes
java 6 uipdate 31
java 7 update 5
java fx 2.1.1.
Jdownloader
kaspersky pure 2.0
lantencymon 4.01
logitech setpoint
microsoft. net framework 4. client profile
microsoft games for windows live redistributable
microsoft office enterprise 2007
microsoft office file validation add-in
microsoft silver light.
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable 64 bits
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable 64 bits
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable 86
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable 86
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable64 10.0.40219
microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistributable 86 10.0.40219
microsoft windows sdk for windows 7 (7.0)
Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 (x86)
Mozilla maintenance service
Nvidia 3d vision driver 304.79
Nvidia Graphics Driver 304.79
Nvidia HD audio Driver 1.3.17.0
Nvidia Physx System Software 9.12.0604
Nvidia Update 1.10.8
Punkbuster services
skype 5.9
Steam
Synaptcs Point device Driver
Teamvier 7
Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition
Via Platform Device Manager
Who Crashed 3.04
Windows live Essentials 2011
Winrar 3.11 (64bits)

the one thing i have notice is with the defaut video driver i had some bsod but had the red screen problem sometimes, then got changed to 304.48, then had some improvements, no more red screen problems and no more lags, then i saw the 304.79 in the Nvidia webpage now is running less hotter... but still with BSOD and the 100% CPU load on the start up... any ideas? one thing is very strange is after some reboots everything works good.... and remember that i have asked you before about the instalation of fresh windows with the SP1 and without the SP1 then upgrade to SP1, this one is a still an upgrade one, should i try to do a Freash direct to SP1? one of those images avalible on the internet for the Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 64 bits? thanks once again for the help...

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Zip your minidumps located in C:/Windows/Minidump

E-mail me the zip : SHAWN AT NETEFFECTSPC dot COM

I will take a look at them to pinpoint which driver is giving you trouble.

I have sent to your e-mail my minidump files ziped to your e-mail... thanks for the help...

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Your blue screens started with the following file : kl1.sys
This is the driver used by the Kaspersky Anti-Virus

The follow up blue screens were caused by :

PnpBugcheckPowerTimeout
c:\local cache\ntoskrnl.exe\4F76721C5e8000\ntoskrnl.exe
May still be related to Kaspersky

The remaining blue screens after the first 3 are un-readable, the system didn't have enough time to properly write the dump.

The LAST blue screen was due to the following:

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!MiIdentifyPfn+23f

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!MiIdentifyPfn+23f

This means the system was unable to record it's active state after the BSOD occurred. This can be caused by severe driver corruption, shutting the unit off before it finishes writing the dump, defective ram and/or HDD or in VERY VERY VERY rare cases, CPU failure.

To start I will need you to completely uninstall Kaspersky Anti-virus.

After that has been completed I need you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic test.

Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > 'Windows Memory Diagnostic'

It will prompt you to reboot your computer, allow it to do this.

Your system will now run a basic memory test.

After 2 passes the system will reboot and create a log.

IF the system FAILS memory test: The ram modules in the unit are faulty. Please contact the place of purchase and ask for a replacement laptop. If you are beyond your return period please contact ASUS RMA.

IF the system passes memory test:

Click Start > In the 'search programs and files' type cmd > right click CMD.EXE and select 'Run as Administrator' > In the CMD window type the following command : sfc /scannow after that hit the enter key.> Windows will now do a full system file validation.

IF your system FAILS validation: Let me know

If your system passes validation: Use laptop and let me know if error occurs again. Send the new MINI dump to my e-mail if it crashes AFTER the above steps have been completed.

dstrakele
07-21-2012, 01:46 AM
.. and remember that i have asked you before about the instalation of fresh windows with the SP1 and without the SP1 then upgrade to SP1, this one is a still an upgrade one, should i try to do a Freash direct to SP1? one of those images avalible on the internet for the Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 64 bits? ...

As long as you didn't encounter any errors installing SP1, your Windows installation should be fine. If you are concerned about the possibility of corrupt Windows 7 system files, try the sfc /scannow command from an elevated Command Prompt (right-click on the icon and choose "Run as Adiministrator" from the popup menu). For more info on SFC (System File Checker) see http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true.

I'd recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials for your Antivirus scans while you are testing with Kaspersly uninstalled.

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Shawnnepc,

I Will try that and keep a post, also note that the some dump was not created for the reason of "shutting the unit off before it finishes writing the dump" that might have happen since i was in the plane trying only to boot it up to check some photos of the vacations then 3 blue screens... i will try it now...

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Shawnnepc,

I Will try that and keep a post, also note that the some dump was not created for the reason of "shutting the unit off before it finishes writing the dump" that might have happen since i was in the plane trying only to boot it up to check some photos of the vacations then 3 blue screens... i will try it now...

If the system keeps blue screening before you can remove Kaspersly , try booting into 'Safe Mode'

Press F8 before the system boots and use your arrow keys to highlight 'Safe Mode' then press the enter key

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Well, i'm now thru my iphone, i was able to complete remove kaspersky, did reboot went to windows memory diagnostic tool, and on the 1% Hardware problem was detected, to identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacture. Although the test may appear inactive at times, it still running. Please wait until testing is complete... I'm now in 34% overall test... Does this mean that my memory modules are faulty?? Can i identify? Replace or work with less ram?

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Well, i'm now thru my iphone, i was able to complete remove kaspersky, did reboot went to windows memory diagnostic tool, and on the 1% Hardware problem was detected, to identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacture. Although the test may appear inactive at times, it still running. Please wait until testing is complete... I'm now in 34% overall test... Does this mean that my memory modules are faulty?? Can i identify? Replace or work with less ram?

One of or all of your memory modules are faulty.

Please shut down your computer.

Remove the back cover of your laptop.

Please let me know how many ram modules you see.

If it is easier for you, I can send you my Skype information and you can msg me (I do not have a microphone for voice chat at this time, so I can only use instant message)

I can also use facebook messenger

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Should i try to remove one then test again, until i get a pass ok on the test to identify which or all of them are faulty? Its on 64% overall wait or shut it down?

dstrakele
07-21-2012, 02:26 AM
I think it's ok to test all of the memory, since your already some distance into the test. If you encounter errors, you could remove the 2 sticks you CAN access without technically voiding the warranty and test again to help narrow down which sticks may be defective.

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Should i try to remove one then test again, until i get a pass ok on the test to identify which or all of them are faulty? Its on 64% overall wait or shut it down?

Correct.

If you haven't turned your unit off, please do it now. Do not worry about the current test

You can ONLY remove the RAM from the bottom of the laptop.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE RAM UNDER THE KEYBOARD. THIS IS NOT USER SERVICEABLE AND CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 02:30 AM
:-( the only thing that still bothers me is the high cpu usage and Why some times it just boots nice... That i can run it for hours....

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 02:32 AM
:-( the only thing that still bothers me is the high cpu usage and Why some times it just boots nice... That i can run it for hours....

Because when RAM is faulty it's damage in specific spots. As soon as a program enters one of those bad spots you get a BSOD.

Your High CPU usage could be due to improper flushing of the RAM or countless other variables.

RAM issues cause MAJOR performance problems

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Ok, back on the laptop A Windows Memory Diagnostic screen just pop up, Memory problmes can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. to identify and repair the problem, contact the computer manufacture... ok? then should i power it down, remove the battery, then open the back part remove the 2 or 1 memory at a time and then test it again?

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Ok, back on the laptop A Windows Memory Diagnostic screen just pop up, Memory problmes can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. to identify and repair the problem, contact the computer manufacture... ok? then should i power it down, remove the battery, then open the back part remove the 2 or 1 memory at a time and then test it again?

If you remove both at the same time it will rule out the RAM under the keyboard.

So I would start with that.

If it passes insert one stick of ram and run the test

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Ok, back in the phone, i have removed one, then booted windows up, it boot it faster then normal, but started the memory test gain but now with only 12 gb but still shows problem, i will try to remove one more if pass, then pit back the first one to see... If not i will post here for more help....

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 03:06 AM
back in to the laptop, it is running faster, unknow reason, but now i have only 8 gigs of ram, and also i have ran the test with 16 gb, 12 gb and 8 gb all 3 shows hardware problem... i can trust this 100% or should i re-do the test with these other programs such as Memtest86?

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 03:25 AM
You can try Memtest to confirm.

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 06:35 PM

The photos above shows my test and how it is progressing, since the fault part is located on the 4246.3 mb can i assume that my secound memory module is the one that is faulty? or i will have some more results when this test is finished? this is the first time that i have use this program so i dont know what to exepct... and on this point i will have to contact Asus for support?

MPelissari
07-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Also since i have this hardware problem with the memory modules i can assume that the cause of the BSOD was causing by them, and Kaspersky can be reinstalled after asus repair? if there is any support in my country for this type of laptop...

Shawnnepc
07-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Also since i have this hardware problem with the memory modules i can assume that the cause of the BSOD was causing by them, and Kaspersky can be reinstalled after asus repair? if there is any support in my country for this type of laptop...

Correct.

Yes you'll have to contact place of purchase or ASUS to set up a RMA.