PDA

View Full Version : Finally did a clean install!

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Two questions though.

Every time my computer boots up, Synaptics Fpuip "Click run, cancel" pops up like 4 times...

And in device manager.. I see an exclamation point next to "PCI Simple communications controller".

Also, I my download speed seems to register high on speed test.net but literally every driver I downloaded took forever and seemed to be downloading @ .5mb a second. For reference I have 16 down, 1.82 up.

I appreciate all help!

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Are you certain your G74SX came with a Synaptics touchpad?

I think the "PCI Simple communications controller" is the Intel Management Engine. If so, the driver may be installed from Windows Update. It is unnecessary unless you're a corporate IT guy remotely managing a bunch of computers that includes your G74SX.

If you are downloading drivers from the ASUS FTP site, they are notoriously slow.

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Downloading them from the driver page. I've also downloaded nvidia drivers, etc. All the same speed...... I meant to say sentellic. That issues has been resolved. Slow download speeds and the PCI still exist though.

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Check my previous post for added information.

What WiFi driver version is currently installed to your laptop?

gilbert
06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
PCI = chipset the first thing you should install before anything else after a clean install make sure is the newest one by the way.......

slow downloads it could b a lot of things your internet hardware ( router , modem ) / the site you are downloading from / the wireless card you are you r using / your internet provider the best way to find out is to eliminate one by one .......

gilbert
06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
i suggest you get your drivers from here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status= by the way this is the order i Install my drivers after a clean install....

1, chipset
2, Irst
3, Imei
4, Fresco
5, Vga
6, Lan
7, Card reader
8, Wireless
9, Atk
10,Touch
11, Audio
hope it helps.... there is a special way to install the Chipset make sure you follow the directions its after the list of the drivers on that link i left you ....

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-09-2012, 11:17 PM
That's where I got the drivers from.. and I installed the chipset first..

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-09-2012, 11:18 PM
"New Intel Chipset INF Update Utility 9.3.0.1019 (core drivers) - Run in command line with -overall parameter" Can someone explain the -overall thing? I just ran the setup itself..

dstrakele
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
The -overall switch forces all of the Intel Chipset drivers to update. It is not needed after a clean Windows install.

Are your USB ports all working currently?

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Yes all my USB ports are working.

Why is it every time I hit reply, type a message, hit post reply it tells me "Are you sure you want to leave editor? All changes will be lost.. Such a hassle to even post something.

dstrakele
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Is that why you haven't replied to my question about WiFi driver version?

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Anyway, thanks it was IME. I wasn't sure what that was or how important it was. I thought it pertained to the turbo monitor so I didn't download it. All is well now though, thanks a heap!

The issue occurs via straight connection and wireless. I installed the realtek driver off my asus cd. Everything else via the thread. My Atheros version is the one from the thread.

But again, thank you so very much sir!

:)

dstrakele
06-10-2012, 01:25 AM
The earlier version Atheros drivers had high DPC Latency that slowed many things down, but if Device Manager shows 9.2.1.470, that ain't the problem. There could be other drivers causing DPC Latency, so it's still worthwhile checking by using DPC Latency Checker.

Driver conflict could also slow your downloads. The drivers in Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, and Disk Management software are the usual suspects. My G74SX came with a running trial of Trend Micro Antivirus. If yours did, be sure to uninstall it before installing another Antivirus.

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
06-10-2012, 02:37 AM
DPC latency shows all green. Speed test results in 25ms 16-20mb down/1.8-2mb up. O.O

gilbert
06-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Anyway, thanks it was IME. I wasn't sure what that was or how important it was. I thought it pertained to the turbo monitor so I didn't download it. All is well now though, thanks a heap!

The issue occurs via straight connection and wireless. I installed the realtek driver off my asus cd. Everything else via the thread. My Atheros version is the one from the thread.

But again, thank you so very much sir!

:)

im glad everything is working for you , its weird that it was the imei v 1144 because that gets installed by itself after doing all the windows updates ? o well the good thing is that it is working like it should now ....