PDA

View Full Version : Lost conection ( plug in )

Macma
06-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi,

It's the first time I post a Thread in the forum,

So, i got a problem with my AC connection, I mean that when I plug in the charger, the computer didn't receive the electrcity or I need turn the connection in the computer or in a way that i didn't make it move...or it will lost the connection again.
If a pull out the battery it will be the same, it will lost the electrecity and shut down the computer.

Alsow, the plug thta go into the computer get very very hot, i don't seem very usual...

It's very annoying when I play video games, it's drops the FPS every time I make a move....

My computer is a G53sw and sorry for my english, it's not mother tongue :(

dstrakele
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I think you have a polarity problem in your power adapter as discussed by @breker in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16470-quot-Touchy-quot-Power-Cable-in-my-G-53S&p=112124&viewfull=1#post112124. He mentions this can cause heat to build up in the power adapter plug area.

Can you test with a different power adapter?

Macma
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi, thank you for the help, I try with an universal chager but it's the same, plug in and off by himself.

The "good" part is that the pin inside the compute is not broken...

brecker
06-11-2012, 03:37 AM
u have a universal charger that can give 150 watts @ 19.5v? if u do please tell me where u bought it :P, if not its not relevant because the universal charger u tested can not support the power needed to run your laptop... try to test the charger with a tester like it is suggested on the post dstrakele suggested ;)

PD: don't do any tests without the battery off... it could be harmfull for the notebook

Macma
06-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi Brecker,

I have tried with the universal charger and with the 19.5v but the problem is the same...

And I live in Swizerland and i bought it in a little electronic shop

brecker
06-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I think you didn't got the point i made, most universal chargers are made to withstand 60-90 watts. The g53 charger provides 150 watts. The charger you tested probably says 19.5v -- XA, if you multiply amps with volts you get the amount of watts the charger can supply at that voltage. The charger you use should have at least 7.69 amps at 19.5v. If it doesn't it does not support your notebook, even though the voltage is the same.

If you can't get a charger that can hold up 150 watts to test if the charger was the issue, get a tester and try te procedure i wrote about on the thread mentioned before. You can also take the charger to a local electricity repair shop and get it tested there. Read the thread though, it may help them if you tell what to look for, they will probably charge you less if they think you know what you are talking about ;), they can probably fix it there in a couple of minutes as well...

The other option is to take the charger to asus, or start an rma process,i don't think it will be as fast, but i don't know how they operate in Switzerland... There is a guy from the usa which told that they fixed his charger on the same day, they even gave him coffee... There are also opposite cases, where asus warranty does not reach and they have to ship it to another country to get it fix. I'm quite used to the latter so I always try to fix my electronics myself... most of the times is cheaper and faster... I can assist you if you choose to diy... most of it is on that thread though...

Macma
06-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Oh thanks, i undertsand now, in fact maybe the laptop is not in cause but maybe the charger, and you're right, the universal charger just do 100W...so yeah i understand. I tried with the charger from my brother that do 19V ( not 19.5V ) and 9A ( 170W ) and i got the same problem as before, it's lost electricity. There is a Co-op between a compagny and Asus for repairing computers, I aready know them because i drop once some redbull on it and they change my keyboard... ( lol ). So, at this time, I don't if it is the laptop or the charger that have the problem :(

I don't wan't to send my computer at reparation becaue it akes a long time and in 3 weeks I go to Canada and take my computer with me...

It's very kind of ou to propose your help :), wi will see if the problem persist if we can make an arrangement !

thanks,