PDA

View Full Version : New G75VW-RS72 - Right fan does not work

kitty
06-12-2012, 03:52 AM
I just received my G75VW-RS72 today. While downloading programs and setting things up, it shut down with no warning. I turned it back on and a few minutes later the same thing happened. This happened a few more times, even while idling at the desktop.I noticed the right side of the keyboard was warm. I felt the back vents and noticed there was no air flowing out of the right vent. I took off the large panel on the bottom and found that this fan will not spin.

Is there anything I can do myself to get this fan to work? Without voiding the warranty, of course. I've been waiting a long time for this laptop and I'm really sad/hesitant to ship it back for repairs...

dstrakele
06-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Take your laptop back to your retailer and exchange it for a new unit. Don't even attempt to fix it.

Do not let anyone talk you into an RMA for warranty repair. Once you RMA, the laptop and its problems are now YOUR problems and you'll have to wait without a laptop while ASUS repairs it.

Be firm with the retailer. Accept only an exchange for a new laptop or a complete refund.

Jouhaa
04-01-2014, 04:24 AM
And what would you suggest for me whose warranty
now is gone with the same issues described above?

I'd really not like to send this to ASUS as it would take
a month before I could use it again.

I could mention that the fan actually works, though with
heavy resistance. And sometimes it just stops and once
hot enough, it simply shuts off. So my guess something
is clogging upp the poor fellow, dust or something. And
I'd like to know more about how to open or reveal the fan
some more!