PDA

View Full Version : GTX 460m Downclocking on battery mode

hacc09
02-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi, new to these forums if that makes any difference.

I bought a G73JW-3DE a couple weeks ago and I noticed that the video card downclocks itself on battery power. I goes from 675mhz down to 203mhz and does not increase when an 3d intensive program is running.

My question: Is there a way to disable that on battery power anyhow? I've tried every fix I can google to change the powermizer registry settings and it is still not fixed!

Just kind of defeats the purpose of being a "portable" gaming computer if you have to have it plugged in to perform.

Other than that, I'm loving this thing do death!

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Chastity@ASUS
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Yes, you need to disable PowerMizer in the driver's registry settings to disable throttling on battery power. I don't know if this info is current: http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/273276-powermizer-switch-get-most-out-your-video-card.html

hacc09
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I've tried that program already, I've also tried manually editing the registry to several peoples suggestions. None of them work! It's irritating me.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try, I'd be willing to.

davidcwy
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
of course it doesn't work, the battery is only 78W while the AC is 150W. The videocard need nearly 75W, so it has to downclock to keep working, I want to edit the bios so that the core videocard can work.

jorlanm
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
I like your spec...did you get that from me? Hehe same typo...anyway does the 2870 run hotter? Does the cooling fan sufficient wnough to handle it?