PDA

View Full Version : g75vw && two monitors

MUPiSz
06-13-2012, 03:50 AM
i'm new to the dual monitor era so i want to ask for suggestions on complimenting my g75vw with dual monitors.

i don't know much about playing games as i mainly bought this for development and such. like one monitor to have ide's open, compiling and one monitor to have like internet browser, and such open.

will i need an external device to drive dual monitors?

JednaPiroga
06-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Well you have both HDMI and MiniDisplay Port. So I see no reason for it to not work. And It has a VGA port. So theoraticly it can support 3x Monitors.

n1ghtl1fe
06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
mine is almost constantly plugged into my 32" Samsung LCD TV thru hdmi, no issues here. I normally play D3 on my laptop and catch up on some tv shows on the other

Zygomorphic
06-13-2012, 07:10 PM
i'm new to the dual monitor era so i want to ask for suggestions on complimenting my g75vw with dual monitors.

i don't know much about playing games as i mainly bought this for development and such. like one monitor to have ide's open, compiling and one monitor to have like internet browser, and such open.

Dual no, more than that, likely. Try it and see, you are already going to buy the monitors, so why not try it out. If it doesn't work, just buy one or more of those $40 USB 2.0->VGA adapters. They work OK for non-intensive work, like web-browsers or a compiling output.

john_from_ohio
06-13-2012, 07:40 PM

It will work just fine driving 2 simultaneous external displays along with the laptop display without any extra hardware.

Well you may need an HDMI connector or a minidisplay to vga connector depending on what monitors you have.

( It might even work for 3 simultanous exterma displays ... might check that out tonight at home ).

enteptain
08-04-2012, 10:44 PM
im thinking of buying one very soon i would like to know how many displays it supports ;-) thx

It will work just fine driving 2 simultaneous external displays along with the laptop display without any extra hardware.

Well you may need an HDMI connector or a minidisplay to vga connector depending on what monitors you have.

( It might even work for 3 simultanous exterma displays ... might check that out tonight at home ).

Zygomorphic
08-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Glad to see that ASUS/nVidia finally upgraded the number of silumtaneous monitors on their notebook cards. Two monitors was getting rather restrictive in 2012. :)

Silvertiger
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
I know this is a bit late in the game, but I was considering purchasing a G75Vw and noticed it had HDMI, VGA and Mini Display port. Do ASUS and NVidia both confirm that we can indeed support 3 displays on this laptop simultaneously? (i.e. turn off the laptop screen and connect 3 external displays simultaneously?)

I currently have 2 ASUS 27 inch monitors and would like to have a third for desktop real estate while at home, and then be able to enable the laptop display for when traveling.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Silver Tiger

TokoDude
05-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Most people are saying it can handle 4 monitors on. (for only office work not GAMING)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-15628.html?

and about the GTX 660M

GTX660M some 1 comfiremd it worked:
G75VW 660m with 3 external displays ( HDMI / VGA / mini display adapter to VGA ) and all 4 screens work.

mrc00l88
09-20-2014, 04:20 PM
sorry to revive this thread, but I just purchased 2 external monitors (for a total of 3 screens) - I can only get two working simultaneously. Are there any other settings I need to change? I have one through VGA, and one through mini displayport/VGA via adapter - both the same external monitors.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit: I have a g75vw 3d model, NVidia 670m

in doing some digging, I came across this thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1962740/monitors-nvidia-geforce-gtx-670m-support.html) that states the 2 external monitors can be done with the 670m. has anyone on here been able to confirm this?