PDA

View Full Version : G series for university student

mandowntheroad
06-14-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm interested in the G55 since it's slightly more portable. I'm going into physics and will be taking many engineering courses as well that will require a good computer. Do you guys think that it's fine to bring between classes? I would be getting the rog bag with it as well. Opinions from students with any of the G series would be greatly appreciated. :)

_
06-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Does any simulation or design software you use specifically require CUDA or high-performance hardware? Or are you just wanting to BF3 at the back of lectures? ;)

mandowntheroad
06-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Ahaha you caught me I'm also into gaming a bit. ;) However, there is also software that will run much more efficiently with high-performance hardware from what the faculties of science and engineering have said!

Liquidus
06-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Yo. I go to college with lecture style halls. The G55 fits just fine in those desk table tops or w/e...

The battery lasts long enough for 2-3 hours classes to finish (assuming youre on power saving mode).

Ehh, yeah and it's obviously good for gaming too.

I recommend it. I really don't notice the weight that much either. But this is coming from a guy who was fine commuting with his G73 too..

mandowntheroad
06-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Weight isn't much of an issue to me either since I want it to feel sturdy, thanks for your input!

Arvinaaaaa
06-14-2012, 03:16 AM
go for the g55

kiba
06-14-2012, 06:00 AM
personally, the 15" screen strains my eyes, especially if you plan on prolonged gaming, but theyre both good laptops.