PDA

View Full Version : To those with G75 subwoofers producing the full range of sound, not Low Freq.

_
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Please sound off so I can count you. Sorry for so many threads, it's difficult to see how many when there are many discussions of varying fixed stages in the other sound threads.

Please answer me this quickly:

1) Which drivers: 10200/10400/10500b.
2) Did you full remove the old VIA HD Audio Deck and restart before updating them? (Yes/No). If not - can you do so again to try as the software won't update properly if it's not a clean install.

MPelissari
06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Hello!!

Driver 10400
I have formated and installed with the latest on asus website.

Still with sub problem and audio jack too, but now audio jack only remove and plug it again, then only sound on the earphones...

Best Regards!

Fadeddeath
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Me and I hate it! System things the Sub is the center channel. I'm pretty sure that is what is screwing with my headset sound too and I have to use a USB sound card.

john_from_ohio
06-14-2012, 02:10 PM
2) Did you full remove the old VIA HD Audio Deck and restart before updating them? (Yes/No).

How exactly are we supposed to "full remove the old VIA HD etc"? Give us details here please ... I asked a couple of times already.

What under programs and features is one supposed to uninstall exactly? Or if one is supposed to do this some other way ... how exactly?

Arvinaaaaa
06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
hi...g55 got this problem oso, the subwoofer plays all sound..10400 driver and already full remove, installed and update..
currently this is the only problem and all other problem solved

Liquidus
06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
ASUS HELLO! Are you guys even reading our complaints!

Clearly they are, that's why you're even posting in this thread. Stop spamming like this, as it's not helping anyone.

Anyway, in context to this I got a G55, plays all sounds. Using .500a, and pretty sure .500b had the issue too.

Did reinstall the previous driver as well.

xeromist
06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
ASUS HELLO! Are you guys even reading our complaints!

It has only been a few hours since he started this thread and Richard is based in another time zone. Please try to be patient and I'm sure he will respond the next time he logs in.

JednaPiroga
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM
count me in. Ive installed the latest driver
I only get sound either from the right speaker, or high freq combo right speaker and sub.
Left speaker I dont get any sound from at all.

Woots
06-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I have this "full range" subwoofer problem... I also have the headset subwoofer problem too.

I use 10400

It was also the only audio drivers I used (since it's a brand new Full fresh win 7 install on this SSD... not recovery or image backup)

(I know it's producing a full range of audio because when I get hit with the headset bug, the subwoofer produces full range of audio and I can hear everything.

If I turn down the sub volume in the audio properites of the sound control panel it turns off the sub audio... which means both side speaker behave normally with headset pluggd in they still are pipping correctly through the headset.. it's just the sub on these laptops with the issue.

These 2 problems are more than likely interrelated issues.)

ericewalton
06-14-2012, 07:08 PM
I have the same problem...I have not tried installing any updates. I want to wait until this is totally cleared up.

My question is: Is there a way to disable just the subwoofer for the time being until a solid solution is reached? I fiddled around a bit in the control panel and have not found a way to do it.

I figured maybe I could remove the actual subwoofer from the computer too, but I am wondering if this might present problemsif I do so.

By the way, overall this computer is awesome!!!!!

Runs games great, and obviously does everything else perfectly too!!!!!

JednaPiroga
06-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Do you get any sound from the top left speaker? I cant get the damn speaker to sound. Just the sub and right speaker, or just the right speaker.
Have tried both windows generic drivers and the latest VIA driver :mad:

che0po
06-14-2012, 08:01 PM
1 ) Tried them all, even the beta of via 1005b , None worked : The sound is badely mixed

2) each time/Uninstall >>>reboot >>> install >>>> reboot >>>> check

3)I had the "plug headphones and sound still comming from sub" with the OEM install . But because i've done a fresh install the same day , no more issue with that

4)Sound is quite low . Lets say that a G73 at max sound is 20%,30% louder . Using windows generic sound driver boost speakers significately , but loses all sub and LFE sounds

Cecil_2099
06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Here is my detailed testing results (this reminds me of the write-ups from science lab...):

Beginning system status:
10200 with 10400 installed over it. Uninstalled and rebooted, so no drivers currently.

Speaker Testing Method:
www.wooferbasstest.com/left-and-right-channel-verification-audio-systems/sound-effects.html
www.wooferbasstest.com/play-download-bass-test-bit-192-kbps-cbr-ultimate-hardstyle-rock-the-sure-shot/bass-test.html
Testing with and without headphones in.

Results - Basic windows drivers:
Without Headphones: only left and right channel audible; individual channels are not adjustable. subwoofer does not engage.

With Headphones: sound from speakers disengages upon insertion of headphones. no sound from subwoofer.

Results - Installed 10200 drivers, Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does not scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately.

Results - Uninstalled 10200, Rebooted system, Installed 10400 drivers and Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately. Oddly enough VIA Audio Deck 10400 installation this time around does not have a separate Headphones tab.

Results - Uninstalled 10400, Rebooted system, Installed 10500b drivers and Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately. Oddly enough VIA Audio Deck 10500b installation this time around does not have a separate Headphones tab.

Bottom Line:
This time around I did not see the Headphones tab like I did on previous testing once the beta drivers were released.
At least on my system, I did not notice a difference between 10400 and 10500b.
The only improvements I can see from 10200 to 10400/10500b is that the LFE slider scales with the main volume control.

eburns5543
06-15-2012, 01:36 AM
still using 10200 and have not done any changes to the drivers as I'm waiting for the offical fix.

kiba
06-15-2012, 04:52 AM
i have 10400

I followed the instructions, as i do with all drivers when installing new ones, I even tried a driver sweeper.

The 10400 drivers are also giving me choppy audio compared to the older drivers, in certain games/other things that provide audio. I dont know what thats about, but the older drivers dot do that. The older ones being the 10200 drivers, but those drivers are a pain in the ass because you have to adjust the volume manually for the sub.

EDIT: fixed this problem^^ was being caused by ASUS' Akamai Web Interface, if anyone is having issues with choppy audio or graphics, i would reccommend uninstalling it.

BrandeX
06-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Not sure this thread is really necessary. Everyone has the same machine, and all driver versions are causing the issue. If you are counting heads, I would say it's everyone who ever bought a g55/75. ( a few may have found hacks around the issue)

eugene.nelson
06-15-2012, 06:24 AM
I have the 500b and I still have full range on my sub. Other problems I cant say. Yes I did uninstall Via totally and redo it with the new one.

Kirill2525
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
i have the 10200 driver and having same issues. i just dont want to keep swapping drivers, i want to wait till the sub starts to only play bass but idk i may swich it to the newest one if some one tells me were to find it

Holy
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM

yes i uninstalled it first.

tried the same with the 10200 and 10500

kiba
06-18-2012, 11:47 PM
i am using 10400, although it fixed the problems the 10200 driver had with the sub playing while headphones in and the volume keys not affecting sub volume, but im still hearing full range out of my sub, which is pretty annoying because it is louder than the other speakers and drowns them out at times.

btw i have tried all drivers including the beta, but the 10400 driver works best for me, and yes i did uninstall them fully before installing the new ones, i even used a driver sweeper to get rid of remnants of the old drivers.

mrhobbeys
06-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I also have this problem.

My driver is 10400, I will look into the changing/upgrading tonight.

_
06-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Thank you for the many replies everyone. I will correlate the results together and discuss with the driver team.

The 'full range' issue is known to them and they are working on it.

kiba
06-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Thank you for the many replies everyone. I will correlate the results together and discuss with the driver team.

The 'full range' issue is known to them and they are working on it.
good to know, its nice to know that youve got our concerns at heart, and that somebody is working on this, keep up the good work.

Woots
06-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Just an FYI I think I discovered part of the problem earlier today of why the sub is producing the full range of audio vs only sub sounds.

It is being treated as a center surround channel instead of the subwoofer.

I had one game (Driver San Francisco) actually porting all voice audio directly through the sub... leaving the stereo side speakers for effects and music only. This is the exact same behavior that happens when you have a 5.1/7.1 surround setup (I mean...voice audio gets ported directly to center channel speaker only.)

If the software drivers are making the sub center channel it explains a lot! If there are other software's that don't see the stereo setup as surround and also don't see the sub as a sub... it could potentially treat the center channel as a full range speaker. (Similar to ALL channel stereo)

I thought I would share that info here on ASUS forums so that hopefully someone can pass this info along to the driver programmers over at VIA.

yixingchen
06-19-2012, 04:24 AM
here. G75vw 3d

JednaPiroga
06-19-2012, 04:54 AM
The driver didnt solve any problems for me :(

_
06-19-2012, 04:59 AM
count me in. Ive installed the latest driver
I only get sound either from the right speaker, or high freq combo right speaker and sub.
Left speaker I dont get any sound from at all.

Sounds as though the left one is dead :( RMA time.

_
06-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Just an FYI I think I discovered part of the problem earlier today of why the sub is producing the full range of audio vs only sub sounds.

I had one game (Driver San Francisco) actually porting all voice audio directly through the sub... leaving the stereo side speakers for effects and music only. This is the exact same behavior that happens when you have a 5.1/7.1 surround setup (I mean...voice audio gets ported directly to center channel speaker only.)

If the software drivers are making the sub center channel it explains a lot! If there are other software's that don't see the stereo setup as surround and also don't see the sub as a sub... it could potentially treat the center channel as a full range speaker. (Similar to ALL channel stereo)

I thought I would share that info here on ASUS forums so that hopefully someone can pass this info along to the driver programmers over at VIA.

This is great feedback (and Cecil too). I have forwarded them on and they will work on a fix.

We admit the sound from the stereo speakers alone will be quieter than older G series notebooks, but the speakers used are better quality as a trade off.

BrandeX
06-19-2012, 05:50 AM

This is it exactly. I was playing Arkaham Asylum, and wondering why that time there were no character voices in game, when there had been previously. In the interim I had disabled the center channel, and that game sends all voices to the center channel only (or in the case of our G75's, the full-range subwoofer). Re-enabling the center channel in Windows, I once again had character voices in game (coming out of the subwoofer).

JednaPiroga
06-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Why do I need RMA everytime i buy an asus product, OMG cant it just work :( :(

Nice to buy a product and 5 days later send it in for weeks to get a speaker going :(

Either way marshall, thanks for the help! :)

BNERVS
06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi All sorry to but into you thread but I thort some one could help me, I recently just got the G75vw and im wondering if its just me or is every bodys sound not that loud. Ive upgraded from the G73 sw and the new laptop judt isnt as loud as the old one.
Ive done the ne driver install 10400 but its still the same, can any body help
Regards All

kiba
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi All sorry to but into you thread but I thort some one could help me, I recently just got the G75vw and im wondering if its just me or is every bodys sound not that loud. Ive upgraded from the G73 sw and the new laptop judt isnt as loud as the old one.
Ive done the ne driver install 10400 but its still the same, can any body help
Regards All
I also have a G73, and the sound on both my gf's G74, and my G75 do not compare to the sound on the G73. They say the speakers are better, but so far, the sound just doesnt compare to the G73 on either newer laptop.

JednaPiroga
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Just talked with asus support here in sweden, the guy i've spoked to told me to return it to the store in stead of RMA. I've only had the laptop for 1 week so I'm better of using my "open buy" right that is by law here. 14 days :)

Im just sceard that Im going to get another G75 with some other kind of problem, this one I have now works perfectly exept the Speaker.

djdouglas
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
The subwoofer is not necessarily a subwoofer. My G73 had one of these "subwoofers" in it. Asus did not build them into the G74. I was happy to see it back in the G75. These speakers are more of a center speaker that produce a louder and more robust sound. I have never seen the drivers dedicate them to just low frequencies. Even with the G73. Asus responded on the G73 when the same question was asked that they are not dedicated to low frequencies.

When working properly the sound from the notebook and "subwoofer" is actually really good however they do lack the lower frequencies you would usually expect from robust speakers. Lets hope we will see some new drivers very soon to fix the issues we are currently facing with these speakers.

kiba
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
The subwoofer is not necessarily a subwoofer. My G73 had one of these "subwoofers" in it. Asus did not build them into the G74. I was happy to see it back in the G75. These speakers are more of a center speaker that produce a louder and more robust sound. I have never seen the drivers dedicate them to just low frequencies. Even with the G73. Asus responded on the G73 when the same question was asked that they are not dedicated to low frequencies.

When working properly the sound from the notebook and "subwoofer" is actually really good however they do lack the lower frequencies you would usually expect from robust speakers. Lets hope we will see some new drivers very soon to fix the issues we are currently facing with these speakers. the newest realtek drivers for the G73 will isolate lfe (you have to uninstall SRS afterwards). its' sound quality is much better than that of the g75.

Singinwolf725
06-20-2012, 10:38 PM
up graded to driver 105b. Removed old drives. Sound still sound wrong

djdouglas
06-20-2012, 10:42 PM
the newest realtek drivers for the G73 will isolate lfe (you have to uninstall SRS afterwards). its' sound quality is much better than that of the g75.

RealTek is better than VIA anyway. I would prefer RealTek over VIA any day. I was shocked to see Asus/Intel using VIA in the G75. I can't blame it solely on Asus as it is an Intel board they are using. It was a horrible decision though to choose VIA over both Creative and RealTek.

djdouglas
06-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I probably should have read the original message properly before posting my comments. Instead I glanced through and responded to others rather than responding to the original subject of the thread.

I do not get full sound out of all of the speakers. I either get sound out of the back speakers, or I get sound out of the front. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers numerous times. Each time I reinstall I get a different result which is really strange.

Currently I am running driver version 10400.

While writing this I went back into the VIA HD Audio Deck and noticed that the software had shut off the 2.1 setting.

I set it back to 2.1 and selected the loudness equalization now the audio is working just fine.

On another note. I booted up the laptop after I got home from work and for the first time since installing Windows 2 weeks ago the touchpad is actually working. The synaptics software loaded properly. I did nothing to the system nor did I install anything that would have made any changes. It is like all of the sudden everything that was bugged and not working is suddenly working the way it should.

I am completely baffled...

BNERVS
06-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi All just wondering if some one could post a link for me to the new driver 10500b ive looked on the forum and on Google but I keep having to download all the device managers that get me no ware. If you could help this would be great

Regards All :cool:

kiba
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi All just wondering if some one could post a link for me to the new driver 10500b ive looked on the forum and on Google but I keep having to download all the device managers that get me no ware. If you could help this would be great

Regards All :cool:
for me, the beta drivers were about the same as the 10400 drivers, but if you still want to try the beta, I was able to find it by googling "via_audio_10500B.zip"

electric0ant
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
RealTek is better than VIA anyway. I would prefer RealTek over VIA any day. I was shocked to see Asus/Intel using VIA in the G75. I can't blame it solely on Asus as it is an Intel board they are using. It was a horrible decision though to choose VIA over both Creative and RealTek.

i totally agree with you, from my experience realtek has much better driver support and on general its the cheap motherboards or laptops which have VIA sound cards, so i was a bit disappointed to find it in my G55... :(

kiba
06-21-2012, 09:54 PM

I thought I would share that info here on ASUS forums so that hopefully someone can pass this info along to the driver programmers over at VIA.this is exactly right; i didnt realise it before, but the sub IS acting like a center channel speaker.

rbh1963
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
I am having the same issue with a g75 I purchased a week ago. Full sound is coming from the subwoofer and sounds terrible. I have the 10200 driver installed.

djdouglas
06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
I am having the same issue with a g75 I purchased a week ago. Full sound is coming from the subwoofer and sounds terrible. I have the 10200 driver installed.

update to the 10400 driver. You will want to uninstall your current drivers first. You may also want to use a driver sweeping utility as well to remove any left over files. Once you install the 10400 driver ONLY use the VIA HD Audio Deck. Do not use Windows audio configs to make any changes to the speaker settings as they do not mesh well with the Via settings.

Select Expert mode and then select the speaker icon to access speaker settings. You can then select 2.1 channels and Loudness equalization. The drivers still treat the subwoofer as a center channel and the back speakers are still lower (not that loud) but overall the sound is much better.

MUPiSz
06-22-2012, 06:38 AM
i have the same issue with subwoofer, etc. tried configuring to stereo..barely could hear any sound with control on max.
set back to VIA speakers. most all sound is coming from back of system like muffled..weird

mach= g77v
OS = Win 7 Ultimate
VIA HD Audio driver = 6.0.10400
DEC Audio = 6.1.7601.17514 ;from fender software
nvidia HS Audio = 1.3.13.1

Redking117
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
About to drive to bestbuy to get the G75.. it's a 100 mile journey D:

Half the reason I waited for the G75 was for the subwoofer...

I had my doubts when I saw they lowered the warranty to only a year. WTF are you not competing with the competition anymore Asus???

I have craigslist plans in Santa Rosa revolving around the purchase of this laptop...

Then I see this on sale http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2008029&sku=A180-156130

For $400 this has a better processor and video card than my G50

The reason I always went with Asus was the awesome support and amazing warranty...

At this point I may switch to MSI since they still offer 2 year warranties even if they dont do accidental damage.

Very disappointing. But I may still end up with the G75 since I am already scheduled to pick it up and have geeksquad members guarding one with their very lives.

If it has any more issues (like the crackling speakers on the G73) I am sending it straight back to bestbuy for a full refund and not looking back

I already went through this with the G73 and won't be doing it again with the G75

xeromist
06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
The ASUS website says the warranty is 2 years. What are you referring to?
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#specifications

If BestBuy says your warranty is through them and only 1 year then you many want to look elsewhere.

Redking117
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5176239.p?id=1218621250769&skuId=5176239&st=G75&cp=1&lp=1

-1 Year in specs

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2355975&CatId=4938

-1 Year in specs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230408

-1 year

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G75VW-AS71-17-3-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/tech-data/B007MW73C2/ref=de_a_smtd

-only mentions 1 year accidental damage

i've called all 3 except amazon of course and they said it IS 1 year through the MANUFACTURER D:

xeromist
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
This may be confusion with ADW. ADW is a separate coverage and has always been a year where the parts/labor warranty is 2. If you get one you should check the paperwork but as I said the ASUS website says 2.

The only exception might be BB. BB has normally handled their own service & support which is why they have different specs and sometimes a cheaper price. In the end I think ASUS usually stands behind the machines anyway but I've heard of people being referred back to BB because that is the way it is supposed to work with units sold there. Given the situation BB is in I'm not sure I would buy anything important from them that I might want serviced later.

Redking117
06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
This may be confusion with ADW. ADW is a separate coverage and has always been a year where the parts/labor warranty is 2. If you get one you should check the paperwork but as I said the ASUS website says 2.

The only exception might be BB. BB has normally handled their own service & support which is why they have different specs and sometimes a cheaper price. In the end I think ASUS usually stands behind the machines anyway but I've heard of people being referred back to BB because that is the way it is supposed to work with units sold there. Given the situation BB is in I'm not sure I would buy anything important from them that I might want serviced later.

I'll definitely check the paperwork and get back to you. thanks!

Redking117
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Dear Mr. Costner,

I am sorry for the confusion surrounding your warranty. I believe the model you have purchased is sold at retail locations like Best Buy or Fry's Electronics. Those retailers declined to carry our standard manufacture's warranty. It is more lucrative for those companies to try and provide their customers with warranties from their location rather than the manufacturer's. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused in relation to your experience with ASUS. If there is any other questions you have please feel free to ask. Thank you for choosing ASUS and have a nice day.

Trevor C.
ASUS Customer Care.

I'll still check when i get it :(

Redking117
06-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Uh oh now everyone will know I'm the star from dances with wolves

LOLOL

Gr8tHand
06-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Marshall,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I immediatly did a fresh install as I always do with a new machine. Installed 10400 and still had issues such as sub would stay on when head phones plugged in until I unplugged and replugged, the full range of sound out of the sub, as well as poor sound quality (crackling). I am looking forward for this problem to be addressed.

Liquidus
06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Marshall,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I immediatly did a fresh install as I always do with a new machine. Installed 10400 and still had issues such as sub would stay on when head phones plugged in until I unplugged and replugged, the full range of sound out of the sub, as well as poor sound quality (crackling). I am looking forward for this problem to be addressed.

Try installing the 10500a or 10500b drivers mentioned in this thread earlier. That resolved the same issue for me. Make sure to do a restart TWICE after installing the drivers.

Redking117
07-01-2012, 08:19 PM

just got it yesterday and I can confirm... 12M warranty. says on the box, on the bottom of the laptop.

I'll post pics when I get home

armor_zero
07-03-2012, 05:18 AM
On the Search section type "Manage Audio Devices".

Double Click on the Speakers.

A dialog box will open. Select the Levels Tab.

Turn the Monobass Volume to 0.

Congrlatulations you just disabled your subwoofer.

Redking117
07-03-2012, 06:35 PM
On the Search section type "Manage Audio Devices".

Double Click on the Speakers.

A dialog box will open. Select the Levels Tab.

Turn the Monobass Volume to 0.

Congrlatulations you just disabled your subwoofer.

Now it sounds like tiny mice playing instruments instead of full sized humans :D

Shawnnepc
07-04-2012, 02:42 AM
MarshallR@ASUS we're a ASUS reseller and all the G75 units we have sold have this issue. We've notified our customers of this issue and have suggested trying the updated drivers.

I've attempted to resolve this issue on our demo units in store but no combination of drivers has resolved this issue.

toronto699
01-25-2015, 06:13 AM
Was This Audio Issue Ever Fixed for the G75? now newer G series have an issue with audio {G751}
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREAD

tweek
07-11-2015, 01:54 AM
same problem tried so many different suggestions with no change

tried a clean uninstall/reinstall of audio drivers with ones on website

Clintlgm
07-11-2015, 12:05 PM
There is no solution, we can make it sound better but the subwoofer will never be a sub woofer. from .800 ver on it is not even called a sub woofer it called a bass speaker and continues to play full range sound. I have gotten used to mine and don't really care any longer. If I want to hear accurate music hd music I put on quality head phone.