PDA

View Full Version : Very happy with my new g75

Boston_Mike
06-15-2012, 02:47 AM
I just got my new G75VW-RS72 today!!! COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. i7 3610-&nbsp;16gig Ram-- 120gb Intel 520 SSD&nbsp;--750gb Seagate Momentus XT<br><br>I have to admit during the wait till it arrived I kept reading the threads and thinking OMG I hope I did not make a mistake. So far nothing to complain about at all. Excellent quality all the way around! <br><br>The only thing I have noticed is that the GPU fan seems to running at an uneeded level especially compared to the CPU side (which is so quiet I thought it was broke at first, till I ran Prime). But it is definately is not loud enough to be annoying just seems to run higher for no reason. Anyone know why that is? <br><br>Anyone who is thinking about buying a G75- Do not get put off by these threads. As with most reviews on the internet you always see more complaints than praise. Excellent machine so far.<br><br>I will update if something goes wrong, but I would like to know why the GPU fan runs noticeably higher than needed.

Rookie999
06-15-2012, 03:02 AM
I agree with you Mike, I'm really happy with my G75 too. I ordered mine through Amazon, and then found the ROG forum after but prior to my delivery. Some of the posts made me uneasy at first, but after receiving mine and using it for the last week, i can say im really impressed with this machine. It's nice to see some positive posts about the G75. This forum is awesome too!

kiba
06-15-2012, 03:12 AM
hehe, awesome thread mike, you and I think alike

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15884-)-a-positive-thread-for-once

dstrakele
06-15-2012, 03:48 AM
This forum is no place for these kinds of posts. I've requested the moderators delete them immediately...

Woots
06-15-2012, 04:18 AM
I just got my new G75VW-RS72 today!!! COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. i7 3610-&nbsp;16gig Ram-- 120gb Intel 520 SSD&nbsp;--750gb Seagate Momentus XT<br><br>I have to admit during the wait till it arrived I kept reading the threads and thinking OMG I hope I did not make a mistake. So far nothing to complain about at all. Excellent quality all the way around! <br><br>The only thing I have noticed is that the GPU fan seems to running at an uneeded level especially compared to the CPU side (which is so quiet I thought it was broke at first, till I ran Prime). But it is definately is not loud enough to be annoying just seems to run higher for no reason. Anyone know why that is? <br><br>Anyone who is thinking about buying a G75- Do not get put off by these threads. As with most reviews on the internet you always see more complaints than praise. Excellent machine so far.<br><br>I will update if something goes wrong, but I would like to know why the GPU fan runs noticeably higher than needed.

I will join this club as well. I have had my g75 for around 2 weeks now and I have been nothing but amazed at the quality and caliber of this machine. For around 1250 bucks + another couple hundred in minor upgrades I am pulling off quality that close to rivals my main custom PC rigs.

Every game I have thrown at so far it runs amazing. BF3, Diablo 3, Crysis 2, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Civ 5, Total War Shogun 2, Dirt Showdown, Ridge Racer Unbounded, SWTOR, Saints Row 3rd, Bulletstorm, ...just to name short few.

waynes26
06-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Dito.

this is a great Laptop, much better than other i have had in the past. We will always have some minor issues, but overall FANTASTIC.

eugene.nelson
06-15-2012, 06:22 AM
I must say that I have had complaints about the G75 but they are minor ones that were fixed by some good help. The computer is great, I have found out that software that isnt asus's fault is the biggest problem here. I love my G75 even with the quirks that I went through hell to fix. I dont know much about computers so I had a hard time fixing the problems the right way.

chrsplmr
06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Actual user experience is the very best way to let the truth be known. Many times we only see support issues,
leaving the impression that there is an over all problem with a particular product. This Thread stands as
living proof that this is not the only outcome. Far more are sold than we Ever see.

As to the 'New' among us .. worry not of your present skill level here, you have 'New' friends that
have you covered in volumes .. they love nothing more than to share their skill .. just whistle.

Thank You for taking the time to make these observations. ++ To All.

drakele -- On the ROG as usual good Sir. Salute.c.

john_from_ohio
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
My machine is 5 weeks old now and just a screamer!

I am not a gamer although I do have Crysis on it ... the machine is an absolute beast. Along with the gaming crowd any serious geek will want this machine and maybe even develop some minor muscles hauling it around.

The on board dual hard drive setup combined with still having a DVD drive and easy RAM upgrades and the top CPU and top GPU and top display make this an excellent machine for developers/DBAs etc.

Nice having a fast SSD for bootup and OS stuff and another measly 1 TB in a second drive for data/storage virtual machines whatever floats your boat.

For me the only minor annoyance is/was the audio driver subwoofer thing which for me is almost fixed with 10500B!

Personally I think the best choice ( unless one really needs 3d ... no way for me ) is the best buy model followed by an immediate SSD upgrade and ( maybe ) a RAM upgrade if you really need more than 8 gb. Most people will do the RAM upgrade anyway since it is so inexpensive even if they do not need it.

AmazingFactory
06-15-2012, 12:26 PM
It is good to see that a small percentage of G75s have few issues.

chrsplmr
06-15-2012, 12:59 PM
AmazingFactory .. Welcome Back !!!

From what source is Your information? Please point that out to us.
All the G75's sold .. UnKnown to date (From the start this position is flawed.)
---- As the ones that run right out of the box -- we never here about -- without sales records.

Within the forum the view is sKewed .. as this IS a support forum afterall.
The proud percentage that I can boast .. is the less than .01% of truthfully unsatisfied users as yourself.
But correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't every reasonable effort made to find resolution..
Was it a G75?
Personally, I wont be happy with a ROG laptop until it comes with all wheel drive, an Eye ..
and it Follows me.... but .. The G Series has my respect.c.

Cecil_2099
06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
My machine is 5 weeks old now and just a screamer!

I am not a gamer although I do have Crysis on it ... the machine is an absolute beast. Along with the gaming crowd any serious geek will want this machine and maybe even develop some minor muscles hauling it around.

The on board dual hard drive setup combined with still having a DVD drive and easy RAM upgrades and the top CPU and top GPU and top display make this an excellent machine for developers/DBAs etc.

Nice having a fast SSD for bootup and OS stuff and another measly 1 TB in a second drive for data/storage virtual machines whatever floats your boat.

For me the only minor annoyance is/was the audio driver subwoofer thing which for me is almost fixed with 10500B!

Personally I think the best choice ( unless one really needs 3d ... no way for me ) is the best buy model followed by an immediate SSD upgrade and ( maybe ) a RAM upgrade if you really need more than 8 gb. Most people will do the RAM upgrade anyway since it is so inexpensive even if they do not need it.

Ditto here. My G75 is a month and a half old and I have had no problems out of the box. Build quality for mine is excellent. No fit and finish issues. Only issue for me is the full-range sub-woofer, but that's prevalent on all G75s at this point. Been happy with it ever since and is a HUGE upgrade for me. I couldn't beat the price compared to building my own rig with more or less comparable parts (monitor and peripherals included) after tax and shipping, and I get to take this thing around because its a laptop!

yarz_widowmaker
08-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I just got mine as well about two days ago. Wanting to clear up the bloatware anybody know what i can delete exactly.

mrwolf
08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice to hear all the good feedback :)

@yarz_widowmaker: I would suggest you do a clean install of windows and then when you reinstall the drivers you can select what you want and what you dont want.. This is long way around anyways.. I dont remember what exactly to keep and what not to but im sure someone can help witth that.. Good luck

fabvader
08-22-2012, 07:48 AM
yup...indeed an excellent laptop.... using x-25m ssd 120gb....will prob upgrade to 240gb 520series soon....RAM upgrades coming soon as well....

Games run smoothly, no lag at all....:D:D

_
08-22-2012, 09:14 AM
X25M - which generation?

Gen-1s had no TRIM so you'll see performance drop off the more you use it. The 520s are great but 320s generally also keep up and are cheaper (not sure what's on offer in the Malay region though) :)

Nyorker
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Best buy lowered the price $100 on the Bbk-5 go get that money back. I am going today.

Feralhog
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh really? Looks like I may be stopping by myself then....

colpolite
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
I just got mine as well about two days ago. Wanting to clear up the bloatware anybody know what i can delete exactly.

Remove everything but atk package/ai recovery

Manzier
09-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Had mine for about 4 weeks now. So far so good! Loving everything about it

Nyorker
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Just got refunded $107 from best buy go get the money back.. Mine came with bios 310 so I won't upgrade.